Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Success in recuiting on a Ski all Season for Free basis

Poster: A snowHead
nixmap, it's analogy, work it out.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

That's a long way from your Dance of the Seven Pantyliners when the final flourish reveals a nubbin that only a legal gynaecologist may determine as knob or pudenda

Your grasp of the law isn't that good though is it? well i guess you may have read up on it lately wink but a legal gynaecologist you aint, im sure a gynaecologist would be interested in looking at you though you as you act like a total f.... most days.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
geeo, seems I have a new nemesis (or perhaps an old one in a sock wink ). The use of 'legal' is rather more a description of the act of gynaecological burrowing than any legal rendering. So I have no need of research, just a grasp of irony.

Actually, as a lay person I have a reasonable grasp of the law, but not a good enough one to keep hold of the greased weasels who make a living from it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque,
Quote:

the greased weasels who make a living from it.
Your generalisations do you no credit. But I would say that, wouldn't I?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hurtle, Shocked have nerve touch I . . . I'm sure you know plenty of greasy weasels wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Guys....can you stop ****ing up my thread!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
geeo, seems I have a new nemesis (or perhaps an old one in a sock ). The use of 'legal' is rather more a description of the act of gynaecological burrowing than any legal rendering. So I have no need of research, just a grasp of irony.

Actually, as a lay person I have a reasonable grasp of the law, but not a good enough one to keep hold of the greased weasels who make a living from it.

sorry i have much better things to do than respond to most of your spouting, and any dislike i have of you is your own doing, i have no interest in your "past" dealings other than the personal amusement it brings me to read them, as for irony, how about You>shady job in chalet>talking crap about legalities>you lose x2

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 20-08-09 11:29; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rungsp, what was the purpose of your thread? Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Masque,
Quote:

I'm sure you know plenty of greasy weasels
Certainly.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Masque, if you have to explain an analogy or have to 'dumb' down your posts then you have failed to communicate.
I think you have made some valid points that a lot of peole would probably enjoy reading if it was written in plain English.
Quote:

rungsp, what was the purpose of your thread?

well to start all this again...!! rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
flangesax, I don't think I have to 'dumb' down anything, particularly for Nixamatosis wink The way I write is just the way I write. I don't consider myself bright or others dumb . . . at least no-one on sH (including youknowho).

rungsp, sorry Embarassed

geeo, You addressed me, if you didn't want a reply, why get upset with an answer? rolling eyes
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Masque wrote:

geeo, You addressed me, if you didn't want a reply, why get upset with an answer? rolling eyes

Maybe becuase, all the answers you give are either rude, inflammatory, or directly insulting to perfectly innocent people.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nixmap wrote:
Maybe becuase, all the answers you give are either rude, inflammatory, or directly insulting to perfectly innocent people.

Hardly all . . . but I'll certainly admit to some, many of which you have been the butt of. They stand and for my sins I stand with them. The issues I raised are valid and continue to be so. But we both know that the presumption of innocence even yours and mine own, is hardly a shining beacon in web forums. Confused
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dunno why you thought i was upset... what part of my post conveyed that to you?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
geeo, as ever the limitation of fat fingers and fuddled minds combine to define the interweb as the great confuser it is. Embarassed
latest report
Masque wrote:
The issues I raised are valid and continue to be so.

In my opinion very rarely.
Infact theres very little valid content at all.
Most of your comments use over complicated vocabluary, to make the content appear smarter or more credible that it really is.
Theres a good paper on this that goes into the concept in detail, ironically titled Consequences of Erudite Vernacular Utilized Irrespective
of Necessity

The posts that remain, are designed to be either rude or inflammatory, so they attract attention and prompt a response regardless of content.

Both of these traits are simply devices to distract readers and disguise the lack of actual content valid or otherwise.. Unfortuneatly for most people the devices only serve to highlight the very opposite.

In the end its a open forum, and you can say what you like, but if you really cared about the community as much as you claim, why would go around ruining other peoples perfectly good threads?
snow report
nixmap, live with your dreams, I'm sure you'll be happy 'cos you're far too clever by 'alf for such a fake as I. However the final paragraph in the study only illustrates the postulation that ignorance of our lexicon is a virtue . . . and hardly one that is lauded by the marketing industry. I have no shame at my love for and use of our language, it's a long and cherished one and a gift from my Grandfather.

We could go on swapping insults ad infinitum, I'm really not sorry that you think your thread is ruined, It's clear that I think your thread is a ruin on this place. I'll call this my last in this thread, but by all means have the last word, the stage is yours to crap on (linguistically clear enough for you?) to your heart's contentment . . . Little Angel
snow report
[quote="Masque"]nixmap, live with your dreams, I'm sure you'll be happy 'cos you're far too clever by 'alf for such a fake as I. However the final paragraph in the study only illustrates the postulation that ignorance of our lexicon is a virtue . . . and hardly one that is lauded by the marketing industry. I have no shame at my love for and use of our language, it's a long and cherished one and a gift from my Grandfather.

Masque wrote:
We could go on swapping insults ad infinitum

I think thats a little unjust. Considering everything I thought I was quite reserved.

Masque wrote:
I'm really not sorry that you think your thread is ruined

My thread ruined? with 19,000 reads and 500 replies? Then spun off several other threads that still contiuned. you must be joking.
I would say that was a decent achievement by most measures.

others are not so lucky.
ski holidays
I thought this thread was started by rungsp.
ski holidays
I still sit here baffled as to why peeps think this sort of arrangement constitutes a poor deal. If someone has the yen to go and do a whole season it sounds a pretty good deal to me. Most decent sized accommodation in the alps seems to run at about £700+ a week. Yes, you have to foot the bill for a lift pass, and your grub, and do some work whilst the owning families are there, but there will be time to enjoy yourself on the slopes as well and I would have thought this was a fair deal in the great scheme of things. If I was in the situation of considering a season in the alps I would jump at a chance like this with open arms - I'm somewhat puzzled at the anti-attitude taken by many folks against the idea Puzzled
snow report
This thread amazes me!

I worked for a tour operator, I got paid, provided with a ski pass, meals and a place to live.

Ok it was hard work but working 3.5 hours in the morning and 4 hours at night with a day off gave me loads of time to ski.

The deal with the "ski all season free" sound like a duff one when you consider my experience, you would never know were you stood, who was coming in, when you had to work etc.

Also looking after kids, teaching on freshie days would kill me.

Basically I would just go and get a job out there, it sounds like more time on the slopes if you get organised (I have worked 3 seasons now in different roles and have always had loads of time
to ski, other than transfer day)

Good luck to the people who go for the so called "free season"

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing
snow report
sparkzter wrote:
Ok it was hard work but working 3.5 hours in the morning and 4 hours at night with a day off, free place to live.

Some people just dont want a job, working six days a week isnt my idea of fun either.
How can you visit anywhere else for the day? You would be stuck in one resort.
Was the place they gave you big enough to have friends and family to stay ? I doubt it.

sparkzter wrote:
Also looking after kids, teaching on freshie days would kill me.

Yep, me too.

sparkzter wrote:
"free season"

To be fair, the first post of the first thread, did comment that nothing is ever to free.
ski holidays
OK, I'll try to keep this simple.

My opening post on this thread said:

"I didn't post the opportunity here, frankly I was put off by the hassle that Nixie got, however I am please to report that we have made our arrangements for next season.

In return for being allowed to stay in our appartment in Le Chable (linked to Verbier) the successful applicant will:

Be keeping the place immaculately tidy, especially prior to our family's arrival.
Doing the laundry, and cleaning our rooms after we have gone.
Be stocking up with groceries so that my wife has minimal shopping to do when we arrive.
Be babysitting for our daughter.
Offering free ski instruction for our daughter, and from time to time for uorselves.
He will also be fully responsible for watching over the son of our best friends when he visits.

He will not be paid at all.

After the interview process we realised the we don't expect much in the way of cooking, though some effort would be appreciated.

MAsque and Pam probably think we have ripped him off.

I am very confident that the applicant is extremely grateful for the opportunity. "

Now in case anybody following this has not noticed my tongue, stuck firmly in my cheek:

THE "APPLICANT" IS MY SON.

He is a qualified ski instructor. Parlor knows him because he is our friend, rob@rar has skied with him a bit, Arno is clever.

Masque and Nixmap...please take your ball and play somewhere else.
ski holidays
rungsp, you've unleashed a power you can't control Madeye-Smiley
snow report
rungsp, It had to be someone you knew - the give away was that 'he' would be babysitting your daughter. It would need to be a 'he' that 'she' was comfortable with.
ski holidays
ChrisWo wrote:
rungsp, you've unleashed a power you can't control Madeye-Smiley

Seeing As I was directly referenced in the original post, I think it is relevent for me to comment.

Furthermore despite protestation of innocence from the OP, I suspect the intentions of this thread were not too far from the actual result Smile

THe irony is that as the orginal thread was locked, now the debate has spilled into other threads, at least 5 to my count.

At least prior to that the whole thing was contained in on place.

Maybe it was a nixmap - stoatsbrother conspiracy to proliferate the debate through the entire forum.
latest report
Megamum, our daughter is 15 so no actual babysitting at all.
The best friend's son (who is my son's best friend) is the same age as my son, and will be living there the whole season with him.
skidog is his snowHeads nom-de-plume
ski holidays
nixmap, thanks for the cheque. wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy