Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

easyjet charging £40 for skis next winter (+ Ryanair rant)

Poster: A snowHead
mountainaddict, I must be looking at the wrong easyjet website. But we've got a flight booked in Dec 09 to GVA and the ski carraige costs are the same as last year...£18.50 each way.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Battlezone, I thought last year they were £16.50 e/way
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jackus wrote:
....We have frequently found BA cheaper than many budget airlines for flying around Europe, when all fees and additions are put on top of the base fare....

One wonders for how much longer - but I agree, enjoy it whilst you can, if BA departure airports suit.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I didn't use Easyjet last year but Ryanair was £50 for skis.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowball, wrote
Quote:
I just have one set of skis. Some resorts I could probably hire decent off-piste skis with touring bindings. In most it would be hard if not impossible and in the Dolomites there seemed to be no off-piste skis at all.

exactly. That's why the demand from keen skiers is inelastic....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't object to them making a profit nor do I really care about hidden charges - although I do object to their inflexible system which makes it impossible to book skis on a single leg of a multi sector booking. The point I was really making is that economically the saving I now potentially make by providing them with significant advance cash flow is minimal so despite previous satisfaction as a customer they are probably going to lose me - that's business too and if extrapolated means further routes cut and higher supplements for baggage to compensate.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob, I've found that with easyJet there's no real incentive to book far in advance except for peak travel times (eg winter weekends, skool holidays). If you can travel on a Tuesday in January there's every reason, including your own cash flow, to hang on till nearer the time. But for several of the flights I regularly book easyJet just do have the most convenient departure airports, as well as reasonable pricing. But there are signs that some of the provincial departures might not be available for much longer - the Midlands airports, for example, were not doing well last season, and friends who visited us reported some very empty planes.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, spot on. the lead in prices dont cover costs so they have to find better revenue streams to make a profit.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
masmith, they might have been if you booked them early. We didn't pay for our ski carraige till about a week before we went. So the price might have gone up. Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Battlezone,
Quote:

and the ski carraige costs are the same as last year...£18.50 each way.

Ok, £37.50 as opposed to £40.....Apologies for any confusion. A fellow snowHead (he knows who he is....) had told me it was £40 so I took him at his word. I now know to never trust him again Toofy Grin.

masmith
Quote:

I thought last year they were £16.50 e/way
Correct.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Please don't let the whole "are we screwing the planet" debate die..... that was a new interesting one and it'd be nice to hear everybody's opinion..

Twisted Evil
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kruisler, now that we are in a recession caring for the planet is a luxury item. Perhaps they can charge extra for that too Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kruisler wrote:
Please don't let the whole "are we screwing the planet" debate die..... that was a new interesting one and it'd be nice to hear everybody's opinion..

rolling eyes It's|been|done|before.

Hey! Are you David Goldsmith's sock puppet?

If you still want a 'screwing up the planet' discussion - maybe start up a new thread in apres - since it would be dragging this thread off topic.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
achilles, I suspect kruisler's post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek ?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
masmith, ah. I can do slow on the uptake. Embarassed
ski holidays
achilles,
We all have bad days... wink
I thought the "twisted" smilie gave my game away..
Toofy Grin
snow report
Michelle wrote:
Butterfly, Laughing amazingly, not everyone who flies in the winter is going skiing Shocked wink

Nonsense.
ski holidays
I know the ski charge is expensive but last winter we paid £180.00 for two adult return flights from Bristol to Innsbruck, including skis(2 pairs in one bag, held hovering over the scales) etc. In the scheme of things, it isn't too bad.
snow conditions
RPF, They do charge extra for saving the planet. I believe the carbon offset charge is something like a fiver each. wink
ski holidays
They also sometimes have "Skis go free" promotions, where if you book within the specified period, there is no charge for skis.

Whether thye will have any of these for the coming season remains to be seen, of course.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy