Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg snow report 2009/2010

Poster: A snowHead
first snow of the season in St.Anton today..... but it was all gone by lunchtime!! New Rendlbahn is coming on great guns and will be a big improvement. Taps is also being expending - much bigger bar & restaurant over two floors for the coming season....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey, Stanton.... are you resident in St.Anton the whole year or just for the winter fun.....
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Posted in another subject

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=54447

Flying To Friedrichshafen to access Western Austria with RyanAir this season ?

Taking your own Ski's will cost you approx £80/€80 !!

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=CHARGES&view=email
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stanton, already booked matey...£5.00 each way...cheap air travel is dead!! Long live the king.... wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
northantsred wrote:
stanton, already booked matey...£5.00 each way...cheap air travel is dead!! Long live the king.... wink

Hallo MATE . Just bizarre that folk are booking now.in the summer .. Never heard of this ....?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Courtesy of sidneyreilly Blog

New Gondola For Stuben season 2010/2012

KK News

New easy blue Cat Track down from Osthang to Lower Kandahar

Mooserwirt Hotel Update

TAPS Update

From the German Forum

Muggengratbahn (Zurs) new Pics
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mooserwirt

More

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 26-09-09 18:29; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton, great ariel shots. Was at Hampden Park the other night to watch Scotland v Holland. Your fans are the best and most colourful fans I've seen at Hampden in over 30 years of watching Scotland. Great night apart from result - ears were still ringing yesterday
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This is an old article.

It talks about the long term develoment of Rauz -Albona & projects already lodged with the Provincial Authorities (Bludenz).

New Pistes, New Avalanche Safety New lifts (4 chairs) (3 Surface lifts). I think this will take a long time to happen as it has to have an UVP (Environmental impact assessment) & get pass nature conservation, forestry groups.

Also confirms the construction of 2.5Km 8 man Gondola from Alpe Rauz to Albonasattel (Construction starts Summer 2010) eventually Albona 1 will be replaced.

http://www.vol.at/news/vorarlberg/artikel/aufruestung-auf-der-albona/cn/news-20090323-07394343

Bludenz city hall minutes

http://www.bludenz.at/uploads/media/VS_2009_024_26_03_2009.pdf
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
More Rendl Photos

http://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8810
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
An Old Post

Abseits der Piste Arlberg / Off Piste in the Arlberg

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=17499&highlight=arlberg+piste
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
With the construction of the new Rendlbahn comes the loss of Tobel Schlepplift (T Bar) Skullie. This will mean folks skiing the Powder off Route 5 will have to descend all the way to the Valley to get back up.

RIP

ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sad indeed.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Does the muggengrat need to be replaced by a 6 person chair ?

It seems to me to be a fairly short lift that only really provdes access to that fabulous run back into Zurs. Its not really a key link. Making it faster and giving it a much higher capacity would not seem to offer much benefit and will only make the run more congested. Does it really get big queues at high season ? i've only been there in March when it isn't at all busy.

I'm not sure that constant upgarding of every lift to high capcity chairs is really that productive and i'm certain is doesn't improve the actual skiing.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Peter S wrote:
Does the muggengrat need to be replaced by a 6 person chair ?

I think it had to be rebuilt because of seismic ground movements, so I guess its just as cheap to construct & a new system.

In Zurs The Madlochbahn will be next to be replaced which often gets large lines in Peak periods.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 29-09-09 8:01; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
That makes sense.

thanks.
snow report
News about the connecting of St. Anton (Rendl)- Kappl

Project "Dias Rendl"

http://www.meinbezirk.at/Landeck/bez_107/channel_1-1-8/chsid_1/uid_4656/id_533755

They want to implement the project as quick as possible.

The project is now ready for submission, The talks are preliminary (first have already taken place) between the two lift (Arlberg & Kappl) companies.

They are only waiting for the landowners (Pettneu) approval which they must obtain in advance in order to submit the project .

Also EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment,) Procedures could be a procedural delay by one year

To connect three lifts , two gondolas and a 6-KSB, along a total length of 7 km.

The funding of € 20 million project is also approved 2/3 the Arlbergbahn the remaining 1/3 Kappl Railways.

For St Anton it will mean they can boast an extra 50km of pistes.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 12-10-09 17:51; edited 2 times in total
snow report
This will be great I think! I hope they will update some of the old chairs on the Rendl as well.
ski holidays
Tom W wrote:
This will be great I think! I hope they will update some of the old chairs on the Rendl as well.

I think your find Riffl 2 & possibly Riffl 1 will be removed, they have not mentioned that yet Very Happy
snow report
stanton wrote:
Tom W wrote:

I think your find Riffl 2 & possibly Riffl 1 will be removed, they have not mentioned that yet Very Happy

Removed !!! or do you mean replaced?
ski holidays
Will the connection be skiable or merely for access ?

Will it make skiing in Ischgl possible for the day without a car from St A ?
latest report
Peter S wrote:
Will the connection be skiable or merely for access ?[/quote¨] Many Kilometres of skiing.

Will it make skiing in Ischgl possible for the day without a car from St A ?
By Bus or Taxi from Kappl Base.
ski holidays
Quote:

Pettneu

I never made it here when I was in St Anton - what are the runs/area like?
snow report
Pettneu am Arlberg

2 Black Runs (3km)
2 Red Runs (4km)
4 Blue Runs (8km)
15km Downhill Pistes
22km Cross Country Trails
4 Ski Lifts
810m Max Vertical
2040m Highest Lift
1230m Lowest Piste
1230m Resort Altitude
2km of ski runs possible Artificial snow.

snow report
The Arlberg end of the 60s
ski holidays
stanton wrote:

Thank you very much indeed for that link. It all looks as though it was rather nicer then - development has spoiled. I have learned of an area which at the moment is largely undiscovered - and will be trying it out in January. I have a feeling that if it works out, I will not be posting about it.
ski holidays
stanton, What an excellent link. I bought some old posters of Lech etc from tourist office, including one of Hannes Schneider and chums. PM me and I'll email you the PDF - tourist office no longer offer them
latest report
OK Folks.

Next week we are looking at a big drop in temperature & possibly snow in east Tirol down to 1000M in St Anton (west tirol) around 1200M Very Happy

http://wetter.news.at/oesterreich/tirol/arlberg-galzig

http://wetter.orf.at/tir/reportdetail
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
achilles wrote:
stanton wrote:

Thank you very much indeed for that link. It all looks as though it was rather nicer then

Give me heated chair lifts any day of the week Wink

Love the photo of zug on the 1st page - how completely different to current day..
ski holidays
The bowl (Malfon Valley, Hintergebirg, see photo) trough which the envisaged link Rendl-Kapell will be built is really awesome ski terrain. Today there are some nice off-piste runs (you need at least 30-40 min hike to access the area via the Rendlscharte) in this area going down to Pettneu. From Kappl you even do not need a real hike, but of course you end up in a different valley with a complex (or expensive) return journey to the Paznaun Valley.

Actually, I think it is almost a pity to build a lift linkage through this bowl. It was easy to find fresh powder there even days after the last snow fall. The mandatory hike guaranteed that the area was not tracked out so quick.

latest report
RandyAlp wrote:
I think it is almost a pity to build a lift linkage through this bowl.

I hear you Very Happy
snow report
stanton wrote:
RandyAlp wrote:
I think it is almost a pity to build a lift linkage through this bowl.

I hear you Very Happy

I am glad that I am not the only connaisseur here Smile. I thought that upgrading the Rendl area was a bad idea in general. I loved the comparatively low "competition" there. Everybody seems to go to the Valluga area. I fear the new Rendl gondola will change things significantly this winter. I hear the Stuben area will get upgraded soon as well. This will have a negative impact as well Sad.

Sometimes I am a little bit frustrated about our sport because it takes only so few dedicated skiers to track out quite a significant size of an area extremely quickly. More research should go into "self-correcting" powder Smile
snow report
RandyAlp wrote:
More research should go into "self-correcting" powder Smile

Haha , excellent & whoever discovers this should be awarded a Nobel Prize Very Happy Very Happy

Malfontal in summer

Looking down to Pettneu am Arlberg in winter

Last season was the last "locals hill" season on Rendl it will be all change this season. After the Gondola upgrade in Stuben things will change over there also as the Stuben Gondola base station will be moved & built at Rauz (summer 2010).

Kleiner Riffler (3014m) Panorama

http://youtube.com/v/xHY-XrrL0ak

Hoher Riffler (3165M) Panorama

http://youtube.com/v/DvjbTeD85DM

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 10-10-09 11:03; edited 2 times in total
latest report
I loved Rendl! It was where we went for our first afternoon on arriving to get our legs back! Chocolate+Amaretto in the beach bar - good times! BUt that bubble lift was horrible!!!
latest report
RandyAlp wrote:
I am glad that I am not the only connaisseur here Smile. I thought that upgrading the Rendl area was a bad idea in general. I loved the comparatively low "competition" there. Everybody seems to go to the Valluga area. I fear the new Rendl gondola will change things significantly this winter. I hear the Stuben area will get upgraded soon as well. This will have a negative impact as well Sad.

I'm undecided on this, sometimes making areas more accessible relieves the strain on the rest of the resort. Went to Stuhleck last season with the kids and since they have replaced the long T-bar at the top it has relieved a lot of the queuing at the bottom lift. St Anton like many other top resorts gets tracked out quickly local to most pistes, for me hiring a guide and getting deeper into the backcountry is how to really see St Anton.
snow report
Snow October 12th.

ski holidays
It is snowing and staying all the way down to the village, it will of course melt as soon as the sun comes out but each year it is weird to go to bed in the summer and wake up to winter in the morning!! On the link to Kappl I have heard that all the famers except for one have now agreed - I guess the last one will be hoping for quite a nice payout for his signature ha!
snow conditions
sidneyreilly, you have just made my day!
latest report
This was emailed to me from a hotel in St Anton today from the St Cristoph web cam Very Happy I am going to book my flights for 6th Dec to Zurich tomorrow Very Happy

snow report
This may require a Google Plugin to run in your Browser.

Arlberg Region in Google Earth (Click each icon to zoom in ) or download file your PC & run Tour Option.

http://earth.google.com/kmlpreview/#url=http%3A%2F%2Fbbs.keyhole.com%2Fubb%2Fubbthreads.php%3Fubb%3Ddownload%26Number%3D33428
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy