Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg snow report 2009/2010

Poster: A snowHead
Lifts have been closed 2 weeks so we may as well get ready for next season Very Happy Very Happy

Lech

Oberlech

Stuben

Sonnenkopf

St Anton Valluga

St Anton Galzig

St Anton Gampen

St Anton Nasserein

Some nice Videos from St Anton Tourist Board

http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/customcode/video/flvplayer.swf?autoStart=1&file=/images/stories/videos/stanton8.flv

More

http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en/st-anton/video/2.html

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 19-01-10 7:50; edited 10 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stanton, I want to get over to your neck of the woods next year - it's a 4 hour drive from here which is just about doable for a long weekend. Would want to see the best of Lech, Zurs and St Anton's off piste in 2 or 3 days. Where would you stay (ideally somewhere that will take weekend only bookings) and how would you split your time across the area - assuming good weather? Cheers, Bob
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Some Lift info

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1240823#1240823
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Follow the Mooserwirt makeover. New Underground Garage Construction.

Timelapse Video

http://www.mooserwirt.at/de/home/webcam_vid1.html

http://www.mooserwirt.at/de/home/webcam_vid2.html

The following Season 2010/11 they build the New Mooserwirt Hotel

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 12-06-09 6:17; edited 3 times in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stanton, spotted that yesterday. Is that part of the artifical snow system or a mains sewer connection ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Peter S, I have never seen Stanton answer a question or querie.....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bobinch wrote:
Stanton, I want to get over to your neck of the woods next year - it's a 4 hour drive from here which is just about doable for a long weekend. Would want to see the best of Lech, Zurs and St Anton's off piste in 2 or 3 days. Where would you stay (ideally somewhere that will take weekend only bookings) and how would you split your time across the area - assuming good weather? Cheers, Bob

Don't be pussy - 4 hours is easy for a weekend. NehNeh Very Happy NehNeh (I only say that because we regularly do that here in Australia - over 4 1/2 hours to my local hill.)

Well worth the trip. The resorts are well-connected so it does not matter that much on where you stay. I think if you are seriously into offpiste, then Stuben, Zurs, or StA would be somewhat more convenient for quick access to the back country. It really depends on your budget, what you like in night-life, etc. In other words, more info needed.

If you are not a very experienced BC skier, capable of looking after yourself in that environment, good at route-finding, etc then get a guide. Piste-to-Powder is one good outfit. Plenty of good info here: http://www.ultimate-ski.com/Off-Piste/Arlberg_Off_Piste/index.html

Weekend accom can be tricky to find. I do not have much knowledge on it because we stay for a month. Perhaps try the accom sections of the resort websites?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
New Panorama Map 2009/10 is online

New 6 man Muggengrat chair in Zurs
New Rendl and piste/ski bridge back to base station in St Anton
Planned lifts to connect Lech to Warth.

http://www.skiarlberg.at/gesamt/pano.pdf
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Krazy Kangaruh has been sold.
Remains to be seen if it will carry on the same or there be major changes. I think there will be alot less Scandinavians. Very Happy
New owner is understood to be local racing hero Mario Matt http://www.mario-matt.at/

St Anton Foto Tour

http://kunden.gix.at/tvb-st.anton/
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I think there will be alot less Scandinavians.

Sad Sad Sad Sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton wrote:
The Krazy Kangaruh has been sold.
Remains to be seen if it will carry on the same or there be major changes. I think there will be alot less Scandinavians. Very Happy
New owner is understood to be local racing hero Mario Matt http://www.mario-matt.at/

St Anton Foto Tour

http://kunden.gix.at/tvb-st.anton/

Let's hope they shut it down.

It's one of the most tragic places on Earth.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ByeBye Old Rendlbahn

http://www.verkehrsarchiv-tirol.org/vat/forumarchiv.php?forumpage=viewtopic.php?t=3294&highlight=&sid=dced4eb44ea92e17f698c61a432ea070

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 1-06-09 9:56; edited 4 times in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

ByeBye Old Rendlbahn

And again Sad Sad Sad There goes the queit slopes on Rendl then
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stanton, do you know the name of the B&B which is near the Galzigbahn and when you approach Alber Sport from the main road through the bottom entrance where the ski/boot lockers are, it's the building right in front of you as you walk up the path? I can't think of the name of it. Anyone else who knows the name of it?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

That will be good. It will be nice to get a faster gondola upto Rendl too-although like boabski has said it might make it a bit busier over there possibly.
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
stanton, do you know the name of the B&B which is near the Galzigbahn and when you approach Alber Sport from the main road through the bottom entrance where the ski/boot lockers are, it's the building right in front of you as you walk up the path? I can't think of the name of it. Anyone else who knows the name of it?

Do you mean the Pension connected to the Sport Alber Rental shop next to the Galzigbahn? That is the BürgerMeisters (Mayor) of St Anton's House . "Pension Angelika".
http://www.arlberg.com/hotel.angelika/
snow report
That's it! As far as I can remember it's a cream/white building with some gold stars on the front of the house, right next to Alber Sport-could be connected to Alber Sport definitely but didn't notice that. Thanks.

Can you think of any other Pensions/B&B's that is in the vicinity of that one?

When I last visited in January I thought the snack bar underneath the Hax 'n' Stuben was very good value and tasty food too. Very Happy
latest report
stanton wrote:
New Panorama Map 2009/10 is online

Stanton, I am intrigued as to the line that bridge will follow and where it will finish. I understand the base station on the new gondola will be near Galzigbahn (but where - not much spare real estate near there?), but if the ski bridge finishes in the same place, it will have to cross over existing buildings, which I assume is not going to happen. Any insights?

ps: I do not have enough German to be able to read the pdfs, beyond the odd sentence or 2. So, apologies if it has been explained in something you have already posted.
snow report
R1 valley Piste will have a new variant with ski bridge (covered).

Artist impression here The base station is being built where the Taxi Car Park (by the old Rendl Direkt tow rope). The Cranes are already up in the Car Park.

http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=991&p=4603492&hilit=Seite+Heute+gibt+es+zwei+Bilder+vom+neuem+Talstation#p4603492
snow report
Thanks, Stanton. Cool looking talstation!
latest report
Sorry if this is a silly question-I've only ever been to St Anton once so it's difficult to think where and how this will work out. Embarassed So instead of using the Rendl tow and then skiing along the path and then going up the stairs to get to the Rendl gondola base station as you do now, the new gondola to Rendl will have it's base station where the old tow rope is now yes?

Is this right?
snow report
VolklAttivaS5, No. The new gondola will go directly from stanton's house (which is a bar stool in the MooseWirt) right over to RendlBahnkrankhauswagon via the taxi rank, although a toe rope will be needed for those coming over from Zurs. Clear?

I would have posted a picture but they're all in Austrian Sad
ski holidays
Quote:

stanton's house (which is a bar stool in the MooseWirt)

It might be now the KK has been sold! Smile
snow report
Anyone care to confirm the correct answer to my question above? Very Happy
latest report
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
the new gondola to Rendl will have it's base station where the old tow rope is now yes?
Is this right?

Yes
ski holidays
stanton, thanks. So it will be much quicker now to get to the Rendl side instead of taking the tow and then skiing the path. And getting back will be much quicker too. Sounds great. Looking forward to seeing the improvements next season even if it's just for a long weekend.
latest report
ulmerhutte, were you drinking in Tom Dooley's with two of your mates in March?
snow conditions
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
stanton, thanks. So it will be much quicker now to get to the Rendl side instead of taking the tow and then skiing the path. And getting back will be much quicker too. Sounds great. Looking forward to seeing the improvements next season even if it's just for a long weekend.
I took the bus Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rayscoops, I only did it the once so went the long way first time. Think I caught the bus back though as it turned up just as I got to the gondola base station. Just as well because it's an uphill walk on the way back I think.

Will be much better now we don't have to even take the bus. Very Happy
ski holidays
New Rendlbahn photos

Over on the German Forum

http://alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=991&p=4618101&hilit=rendl#p4618101
latest report
Ski Tyke wrote:
ulmerhutte, were you drinking in Tom Dooley's with two of your mates in March?

Nope! Don't have 2 mates. NehNeh

(Actually, I am normally in bed by 9, so I can get first lifts next day. Tragic, isn't it!)
ski holidays
ulmerhutte, didn't say what time it was!

Only asked because you fitted the description of 3 Aussies we bumped into there one night. ie in town for 4 weeks, from Melbourne area.

I know it's a tenuous link but no worse than most people I met in the Aussie Bush asking me if I knew the Queen, or Jim from Scotland who was here last year! wink
latest report
Quote:

I know it's a tenuous link but no worse than most people I met in the Aussie Bush asking me if I knew the Queen, or Jim from Scotland who was here last year!

Goodness me. Makes you wonder what planet some people are on.
latest report
Ski Tyke wrote:
ulmerhutte, didn't say what time it was!

Only asked because you fitted the description of 3 Aussies we bumped into there one night. ie in town for 4 weeks, from Melbourne area.

I know it's a tenuous link but no worse than most people I met in the Aussie Bush asking me if I knew the Queen, or Jim from Scotland who was here last year! wink

You mean, you don't know Jimmy??? How could that be> Shocked
snow conditions
Ski Tyke, VolklAttivaS5, ulmerhutte,

Can your remove your chat of this thread.
ski holidays
Gasthof Angelika booked yesterday for week with the boys at end of Feb Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Now the matter of getting the family trip booked - on a budget Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
stanton, oh, I didn't realise that you owned this thread so that you could make demands and bark instructions at people rolling eyes
ski holidays
PS I know someone called Jimmy. They wear a tartan hat and chase haggis all day long wink
snow report
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
stanton, oh, I didn't realise that you owned this thread so that you could make demands and bark instructions at people rolling eyes

I dont own it but I started it.
Its suppose to be Snow Report thread & as in the past seasons some Resort News.

It is drifing into a mothers meeting Sad

I.ll get my Fishing Rod out for the 1st repsonse Very Happy

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 10-06-09 14:48; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
stanton, I wasn't involved in the bulk of the "chat" as you call it, and even if I was, a few exchanges of conversation which were actually regarding St Anton as it goes from what I can gather from ulmerhutte's and Ski Tyke's posts, (a Snowhead asking another Snowhead if they were in St Anton in March) are hardly a "mother's meeting". It was something of nothing and wasn't enough to merit your request. It was hardly Dawn Chorus.

If you want to put people off from posting their experiences after their visits to St Anton and how the snow is doing etc in the future then you are going the right way about it IMV.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy