Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg snow report 2009/2010

Poster: A snowHead
DB wrote:
RandyAlp wrote:
I am glad that I am not the only connaisseur here Smile. I thought that upgrading the Rendl area was a bad idea in general. I loved the comparatively low "competition" there. Everybody seems to go to the Valluga area. I fear the new Rendl gondola will change things significantly this winter. I hear the Stuben area will get upgraded soon as well. This will have a negative impact as well Sad.

I'm undecided on this, sometimes making areas more accessible relieves the strain on the rest of the resort. Went to Stuhleck last season with the kids and since they have replaced the long T-bar at the top it has relieved a lot of the queuing at the bottom lift. St Anton like many other top resorts gets tracked out quickly local to most pistes, for me hiring a guide and getting deeper into the backcountry is how to really see St Anton.

I see your point and can follow your argument. At least up to a certain extent. The comparison with Stuhleck (where the Weissenelf-T-bar was definitely a huge bottleneck) is a little bit far-fegded though.

Both Stuben and Rendl have been somewhat on the periphery of the Arlberg ski areas for ages. The upgrading and modernisation and especially the linkage of Kappl and Rendl will put these parts well into the centre. Soon, significant reshaping of the pistes (to ease the use of said pistes for beginners etc.) will be demanded etc. I fear that the specific qualitities of these areas will get lost sooner than later.

Nevertheless, your point about finding the "goods" at the Arlberg holds true. The Arlberg is - beside all the many lifts and pistes - a great area for touring as well, especially for lift-assisted touring. Earning your turns is more and more the key to get to unspoilt terrain.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dias Kappl Rendl

This may require a Google Plugin to run in your Browser.

Dias Kappl>>Rendl area in Google Earth (Click each icon to zoom in ) or download file your PC & run Tour Option.

For those who do not know the area of the region being discussed for the new linkup. Three lifts , two gondolas and a 6-KSB (6 seater Chairlift) will cross the PP (Private Powder) fields of the Malfontal. Skullie Shocked

http://earth.google.com/kmlpreview/#url=http%3A%2F%2Fbbs.keyhole.com%2Fubb%2Fubbthreads.php%3Fubb%3Ddownload%26Number%3D834168
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
St Christoph am Arlberg

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
WOW.................... snowHead Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fantastic!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
might be gone in a fortnight Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looked at the St Anton webcams too. Can't wait to get back out there again, these 7 weeks are probably going to be painfully slow!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
RandyAlp wrote:
DB wrote:
RandyAlp wrote:
I am glad that I am not the only connaisseur here Smile. I thought that upgrading the Rendl area was a bad idea in general. I loved the comparatively low "competition" there. Everybody seems to go to the Valluga area. I fear the new Rendl gondola will change things significantly this winter. I hear the Stuben area will get upgraded soon as well. This will have a negative impact as well Sad.

I'm undecided on this, sometimes making areas more accessible relieves the strain on the rest of the resort. Went to Stuhleck last season with the kids and since they have replaced the long T-bar at the top it has relieved a lot of the queuing at the bottom lift. St Anton like many other top resorts gets tracked out quickly local to most pistes, for me hiring a guide and getting deeper into the backcountry is how to really see St Anton.

I see your point and can follow your argument. At least up to a certain extent. The comparison with Stuhleck (where the Weissenelf-T-bar was definitely a huge bottleneck) is a little bit far-fegded though.

Both Stuben and Rendl have been somewhat on the periphery of the Arlberg ski areas for ages. The upgrading and modernisation and especially the linkage of Kappl and Rendl will put these parts well into the centre. Soon, significant reshaping of the pistes (to ease the use of said pistes for beginners etc.) will be demanded etc. I fear that the specific qualitities of these areas will get lost sooner than later.

If more people are skiing over at Rendl & Stuben there will be shorter queues at the Galzig, Gampen and Nasserein lifts. Understand and agree with your points on Stuben / Rendl losing specific qualities but the majority will probably welcome the 'improvements'. For me they could stop running lifts and groming, I'd skin up.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DB wrote:
For me they could stop running lifts and groming, I'd skin up.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

Looked out of my window this morning and saw a set of sets all the way down from the Galzig to the village, they went all the way down black osthang (ski route3) which is very rocky so that means there must be at least a couple of feet of snow up there...... way hey...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
make that a set of tracks!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Also checked out the new rendlbahn and the gondolas are on and running....!! more pics and stuff at www.stantonviews.blogspot.com
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sidneyreilly, the links on your blog page are not working. Have you checked them recently?

Puzzled
snow report
Aha... Thanks for that.... tech hitch now sorted....cheers again Smile Very Happy
latest report
looks like it's snowing again if that webcam link up there is refreshing itself..........

Any news on wether they will open early? (or is it too early Wink
snow conditions
I think that there is no chance of that....... you have the option of skinning up for some fresh powder!!
latest report
Ski Teacher Calender 2010

Photographed in The Arlberg

http://www.skilehrerinnen.at/
latest report
Sat morning..... and...... it is dumping it down again... two inches of snow on my balcony alreday and more up on the mountain.... It is like January here at the mo !!
latest report
Is this an Omen? this is how 2007 season started, plenty of early snow followed by a very warm November, December. Lets hope not !
latest report
I remember it well !!
ski holidays
Snowed again this morning..... more and more people are walking up and getting a few runs in..... Maienwasen was supposed to be very nice.....
latest report
presumably this will all melt in the village before October is out?? Has it every snowed this early and stayed???
snow conditions
kitenski wrote:
presumably this will all melt in the village before October is out?? Has it every snowed this early and stayed???
Forecast is for warmer weather and freezing level to rise significantly. Forecasts have been wrong in the past... But it is still October after all.
ski holidays
The danger is that the ground is not frozen at altitude so it creates very dangerous avalanche conditions.

If the overnight freezing level remains freezing above 2000M from now on it should create a great base. I expect the snow below 2000M to melt in the next week or two & hopefully end Of November the REAL snow will come.
snow report
Quote:

Ski Teacher Calender 2010

Photographed in The Arlberg

Ahhh very nice. Remember my 2007 one very fondly, which I got free as a gift from the Montana in Oberlech for staying with them. You can understand my complete disappointment when staying there the following year and they presented us with a jar of (extremely nice admitedly) apricot jam Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Zurs Muggengratbahn Chairlift Construction Snowed under

Stuben am Arlberg Video

http://landhausvideo.vol.at/video/77/skigebiet-albona---stuben
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Plan to be over for the ski opening weekend, just booked the flight! Also going to enter the GS race, anyone here done it before? Now lets hope there's snow!
snow conditions
When are they hoping to open Rendl this year?
ski holidays
stills looks as if the snow is hanging around in Stuben village......and on the webcam shot in this thread....good/bad news???????????????
latest report
kitenski wrote:
stills looks as if the snow is hanging around in Stuben village......and on the webcam shot in this thread....good/bad news???????????????
I'm not sure you can really read too much into October weather, the last couple of years it has been quite mild in October then the temperatures suddenly dropped in mid to late November giving great early season weather. The year before that it was colder in October then remained stubbornly warm for the next few months with very poor early season snow cover setting up a season that was tricky most places (although perhaps not that bad at altitude later in the season). After this year's early cold spell in October it now seems to be quite mild. This fits with the earlier long term forecasts - that autumn would be quite warm. Perhaps the key will be when and how far the temperature drops in the next month or so. Temperatures do look like they may be settling slightly lower in a week or so. Nice to see the World Cup season has kicked off at Solden though. Very Happy
latest report
As long as it stays below freezing at night time from now on the ground will be good for November snow when they/if they come.

Rendl does not open until the week bfore Xmas. I cannot see a changing even with the new lift. It is just not economic with so few people who are in skiing before Xmas to open & also Rendl is much more rocky & receives the leaset snow when ever its snows in The Arlberg. For example if Galzig get 90cm Rendl might get 30cm (max).
snow report
Rendl Ski Bridge Installation

http://rendl.info/index.php?id=81
snow conditions
Snow probable for tomorrow (Monday 2n Nov) and more possible throughout the week Very Happy
ski holidays
As reported few month ago . The new owner Mario Matt.

New Site under construction

http://www.krazykanguruh.com/
latest report
Seems like it's snowing in St Anton now Very Happy Only 4 more weeks and I'm on my way Very Happy
snow report
It is indeed, yesterday there was a light fall giving the slopes a light sprinkling.... today 8am and it is dumping it down....!!
latest report
Woop woop, just what I wanted to hear (can't check the webcam's too well in the dark) Very Happy
snow report
Fantastic snow on the webcams, will be there in three weeks time for the season opening.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy