Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2010 Olympics

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I promised myself a few years ago that I'd go to the Vancouver games (as a boozed-up onlooker... obviously). A pal of mine wants to go too and he's done some groundwork in finding a few properties to rent. Once such house (but let's call it a chalet) on the Whistler side was quoted at Cdn$30,000 for 2 weeks - at a pinch it would accommodate 8-10. In the time it took him to think about it and get a few interested parties together, the price doubled to Cdn$60,000. Blimey, strewth, I think I'll watch it on the telly like normal and buy a place in Sochi.

Anyone else planning on being there?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't economise on the telly, Swiller. Go large.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Big events are a licence to print money. Know someone with a pad in Aberystwyth who's renting it out for a small fortune for the next ryder cup. One week will pay his mortgage for the year.

Still can't believe 2014 games went to Sochi.... really should've gone to Salzburg.

Bode - buying a place there would be extreme. Getting a monster TV is a better bet.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Getting a monster TV
is a fine idea. Hey, I can put it on expenses.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller, Yes I am. Got tickets for 4 events in second week including freestyle ski and snowboarding. 9 days in Vancouver, 7 in Big White or Silver Star and 7 in Whistler. Am planning the trip as I type!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
vman wrote:
Know someone with a pad in Aberystwyth who's renting it out for a small fortune for the next ryder cup.
Isn't the Ryder Cup at Celtic Manor? A bit of a trek from there to Aberystwyth.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

is a fine idea. Hey, I can put it on expenses.

Don't see why not. Send invoice to the the taxpayer. Make sure you get TV X and any other late night channel subscriptions as well....might have to face up to the public in a few years time ....at first say its within the rules...then say the system is at fault then you....then say you're sorry (you don't have to mean it). Can't tell you what happens next but probably will be able to in a few days.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yes going for 10 days and seeing 5 events. Accomodation was mad when we sorted it out so we have 4 nights on the North shore, 3 nights in Squamish and 3 nights near Granville Island in different B+Bs. Flights which I thought would be expensive were not too bad but accomodation completely blew the budget
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chrisb, we have friends in N Van who we are staying with for the duration of the games but I have heard that accommodation is fierce in terms of price. Yet to book flights but they seem ok at the moment.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Yep. Ryder Cup is at Celtic Manor. Schoolboy error....meant Abergavenny. Still some way out from Celtic Manor but obviously people willing to stay that far afield.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
vman wrote:
Quote:

Yep. Ryder Cup is at Celtic Manor. Schoolboy error....meant Abergavenny. Still some way out from Celtic Manor but obviously people willing to stay that far afield.

About 20 minutes drive, all on dual carriageway.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mouth, yes prices of accomodation are high and booking fast. Good you have friends to stay with
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy