Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

If you can ski blue runs you can become a ski instructor

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok I am sat reading this with my brother who in is the last year of writing a Phd in sports science on the skill acquisition of alpine skiing and we both did ski le gap, and have continued to use and work on our qualifications, my brother decided to take a gap year last minute and signed up for ski le gap having never skied before but on the basis he had heard amazing reviews and wanted to learn a new skill he considered himself sporty and figured he would be ok learning a new sport, when he called ski le gap they said yes he was welcome on the course and they had 22 CSIA Level 4 examiners, and although for first few weeks he would have 1-1 coaching and would have a steep learning curve i am sure we can bring you up to speed to the required standard. So by the end of the course after 13 weeks of grit and determination he had surpassed some of the skiers who had 25 + weeks experience as he was starting with a blank canvas and did not have years of engraned bad habbits to iron out. the season after he took his ISIA and passed not bad for someone who had never skied the year before, So i think the moral of the story is and he will back me up when it comes to the aquisition of a new skill stack 13 weeks of intensive coaching far outways years of undirected free skiing, although i will admit it is all about motivation if you want something and work hard why not go for it. I think if you are on a gap year and want an amazing time learn a new skill and gain a qualification then there is benefit too the Ski Le Gap program and 200 gap year students a year will agree "my skiing really improved and i had an amazing time". Sarah http://www.skilegap.com/ski-snowboard-instructor-courses/index/ski-gap-year.html
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well, that was subtle.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
subtle what dave, it was definately relevant
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good case in point that doing one's own PR doesn't usually work very well.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Andy I am a student and i posted because i thought it was relevant, Is your last name by chance thompson burt
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sarah1992, I think the point DaveC, was making is that your post seems like a rather unsubtle plug for Ski Le Gap. Yes the point is relevant but I think your plug at the end undermined it somewhat as it made you look like a spammer! People are understanadably somewhat suspicious of posters who have not posted much on Snowheads and then make what appears to be a big plug for an organisation in their first few posts.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh, for goodness' sake, leave the poor girl alone, her English conclusively proves that she's a student.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sarah1992, Blooming heck .. lots of respect for your brother. How many 'hours' did it take him in total to pass ISIA , just to shame the rest of us ! Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hurtle wrote:
Oh, for goodness' sake, leave the poor girl alone, her English conclusively proves that she's a student.

That was my conclusion too Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

West Wall of the Coire Cas

You meant Coire na Ciste, the one with the rusting chairlifts, not the one with the purple railway.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy