Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What if the season never ended?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I could fit that much beer in.
Is it wine o clock yet?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ph, you like that wine gag don't you?.....thats twice in 27 posts........tut tut...you'll have to try harder than that..........

okbye
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ph, yes, the instructor we most often use in Les Saisies is a builder in the summer.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have only ever used couchevel ski instructors. The jobs they had in the summer where a mountain guide, boat skipper and a horse trainer. They all sound pretty good to me.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
well, I suppose if you also have the (very difficult to get) qualification to be a high mountain guide, or an RYA Yachtmaster, or know how to train horses, in addition to the qualifications needed to teach skiing in Courchevel, you can expect to get plenty of fun jobs. But that assumes you have put in the years of study and practice required. Most of us would struggle to be able to do just one of those jobs.

You should note that they are all rather badly paid, too. Tend to be done for love, rather than money, except for the most highly qualified, well placed, well connected and good looking. If you are none of the above, probably better not give up the day job. wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I the season never ended then many resorts would close. There would not be the skier numbers to justify keeping all the lifts and infrastructure open.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andyph wrote:
What if the season never ended?

Would chalets girls bottoms just get bigger and bigger until they exploded?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I wasnt putting myself up for a red jacket. I can't believe im not well connected. Very Happy
My point was that looking from the outside they seem to have the right balance for a year round season involving skiing.
If as you can, as you say get a job that you can do for love not money then you are pretty much sorted.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

you are pretty much sorted

as long as you're not expecting to have much of a family life, or be able to invest in a house, or have a pension when you get too old to do any of those things, maybe?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There where plenty of the older ESF instructers who had families and their own houses.
I didnt ask them how their pension plan was going.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ph, I can't speak about Courcheval, most of the 'great and the good' of the ESF here have their own houses (well apartments mostly), but they are also mostly connected to the 'old' families and therefore have hotels/shops/aparments whatever that are rented out for a nice income. For the rest of us well - it's great to do a job that you love and would do for free if you could afford it, but the realities of life for many of us are that we barely scrape a living, have no pension, will have to go on working till 70 and bl**dy bankers (rich baskets), have put us in a position where losing our homes could be a reality. Skullie I teach skiing in the summer as well - and love it, but can I persuade large numbers of brits to come skiing in summer??? No, in spite of all my efforts. Sad

ps: I'm not complaining (wouldn't change it) - just telling it how it is.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
EASISKI, I agree the grass is always greener. I still sounds good though.
I think most of us brits have never been told about summer skiing.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
never ending skiing - I think my legs would probably fall off Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
we would all have "buns of steel" and be broke I think
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ph, I've been shouting about it for more than 10 years! Check it out - it's bril! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy