Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who owns Spyder gear?

Poster: A snowHead
arv, you the one in orange? Laughing

holidayloverxx, you have to post a photo now and I think we'll have a hatrick (is that right sp?) on spyder gear rules ok!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HH wrote:
... post a photo now and I think we'll have a hatrick (is that right sp?) on spyder gear rules ok!

Here's one of me in Spyder

Wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, oooo, you big tease! Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Same Spydie suit, but a different day

Wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, ouch!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, I can tell you how to rotate that if you want it the right way up! Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hurtle wrote:
rob@rar, ouch!

Yeah, it was a good one. Captured on video by the guy who was teaching me. All you can hear on the audio track is him giggling rolling eyes
This is the sequence

HH Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, ouch. But I'd still rather be doing that than being stood upright here.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, in the last photo you look hurt! That will be one of those fabled snow snakes then Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
arv wrote:
rob@rar, in the last photo you look hurt!

Mainly winded, but the gate that I went through the middle of caught my on the back of the neck, just below my helmet, so I was beginning to develop a bruise which lasted for six week. But the main injury was broken dignity, especially when we stepped through the fall frame-by-frame later than evening in the feedback session Embarassed
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ouuch, I'd love to see the video Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
HH wrote:
rob@rar, ouch. But I'd still rather be doing that than being stood upright here.

I'm not so sure. It was a bitterly cold November day, with wind strong enough to derail a cable car and too much soft snow to run gates. Thank God I was wearing Spyder otherwise I would have frozen to death Wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
arv wrote:
Ouuch, I'd love to see the video Laughing

Now lost unfortunately, all I have is a few still image captures from it. I did show it to my neice when she was two years old and she spontaneously burst into tears and said she didn't want to try skiing Embarassed
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Here's one of me in my latest purchase.

Here's one when the snow snakes got me too. Madeye-Smiley

ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I didn't fall, just been skiing so hard I fancied a lie down. Embarassed

At least we can prove Spyder gear is very durable! Very Happy
snow report
HH wrote:
I didn't fall, just been skiing so hard I fancied a lie down. Embarassed

That's very enthusiastic lying down Wink
snow conditions
rob@rar, that's my motto, if you're going to bother doing something, do it right. Honest.

Now I know size shouldn't matter but am I unable to show a large pic if I go through the snowMedia zone?
snow report
HH, I post straight from Photobucket
snow report
Spyderman, Never used it. Will have to look into it. Cheers. You're not going abroad skiing are you? Didn't you just get back?
ski holidays
HH, Just back from Tignes, on the 'real' stuff tonight at Hemel Very Happy
snow report
Spyderman, thought so, just someone was asking for a weather report in DC I think, so I got a bit confused Puzzled
snow conditions
HH wrote:
rob@rar, that's my motto, if you're going to bother doing something, do it right. Honest.

Now I know size shouldn't matter but am I unable to show a large pic if I go through the snowMedia zone?

It is officially preferred to just post the thmbnail link within threads, so that people don't have to download the full size image unless they choose to click on the thumbnail.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=1319
snow conditions
alex_heney, right u r then, boss. wink
ski holidays
alex_heney, for the sake of disagreeing wink , I actually prefer the whole pictures just so I can have a quick browse and sign out rather than having to load a new page. Very few people are on dial up these days so the pictures should load pretty quick.
latest report
arv, what are you doing still here? Are you at the airport? I agree with you on the photo thing.
ski holidays
HH, sitting in Glasgow just now, waiting to get on my Heathrow flight. I have 5 hours or something daft to kill in Heathrow so I will be back on then Laughing
snow report
arv wrote:
alex_heney, for the sake of disagreeing wink , I actually prefer the whole pictures just so I can have a quick browse and sign out rather than having to load a new page. Very few people are on dial up these days so the pictures should load pretty quick.

I agree with arv, thumbnails are a PITA
ski holidays
arv, ah, I thought you were going by car (with the other two), is it just that they have space in a chalet or something?

Don't envy you five hours at Heathrow Sad

However, I broke a tooth on Special K this morning and have to go to the dentist so I'm not sure which is worse!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
HH, ultimate thread drift Madeye-Smiley I am meeting them on the train in Basel (coming in from Germany and that is where they switch round). Space in the chalet so my weekend for flights, transfers and accommodation is only £300 odd.

I'm having a dental issue too, got a track on the back of my bottom teeth just to keep them straight and one of the glue bits has popped off, looks like I will be visiting the orthodontist when I'm back!
snow conditions
I don't like Thumbnails or links to photos. Mach better just to see them full size within the post
snow report
arv wrote:

The only time it bothers me personally is when the large pictures are so large that they cause the page width to be thrown out, so that you then have to scroll across to see all the text in other posts.

I was just quoting the official position there.
snow conditions
Quote:

The only time it bothers me personally is when the large pictures are so large that they cause the page width to be thrown out, so that you then have to scroll across to see all the text in other posts

Hee Hee Spyderman, 's guilty of that quite a bit!! Laughing
snow report
Spyderman wrote:
Here's one when the snow snakes got me too. Madeye-Smiley

you should try fatter skis Little Angel
ski holidays
Arno wrote:
you should try fatter skis Little Angel

I doubt that even that would have helped him. He was standing still when he fell over!
ski holidays
alex_heney, I'm with you on that, need to replace Macbook with a big screened pro!
snow report
Small question - why on earth were you doing on the roof in the Courcheval 2009 - shifting snow? Puzzled . It brings a whole new image to 'having a night on the tiles.

Another small question - how many people actually bought this year's 'muddy green' colour- its all down to personal preference I know, but it didn't do anything for me.
ski holidays
Megamum, I have had my jacket for well over a year, I was way ahead of my time wink
latest report
Snow snakes!!!!! I hadn't realised - if they inhabit VT this could well have been my problem half way down Moraine this year Toofy Grin
snow report
Megamum, it was my pic. I guarantee you I wasn't shifting any snow, I took a pic of the guys, they were opposite our balcony early one morning. Very Happy

I like the green, better than the orange!!!!!! Laughing
snow conditions
Was warm and dry in this one...on piste in la ros
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy