Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who owns Spyder gear?

Poster: A snowHead
PJSki, wrong in what way?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Masque wrote:
Yes! That is the point and finally we've got there. By all means buy the stuff but don't tell us that it's Skiwear Nirvana or worth what you pay for it. It is a personal choice that is based on your values and you have no defence against those that may spit on those values. What is your responsibility as a wearer is that you (not 'you' as an individual) not portray Spyder clothing as the best choice when it's demonstrably not.

No need to be quite so patronising, not least because your flowery prose meant it was difficult to understand what your point was. So, Masque thinks Spyder kit is poor value for money. As it happens so do I if you pay full retail for it, but I don't think those people who have a different opinion to me are stupid for choosing Spyder clothing, nor do I think they deserve the castigation they've got in this thread.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, My 'location' does give a hint rolling eyes

I've been arguing that Spyder gear is poor value for money from the start and you reinforce that in your own post . . . buy retail. . . hahahahahah rolling eyes . I don't think I've called anyone stupid for their choice but I will call out their explanation for that choice as stupid
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar wrote:
Masque wrote:
Yes! That is the point and finally we've got there. By all means buy the stuff but don't tell us that it's Skiwear Nirvana or worth what you pay for it. It is a personal choice that is based on your values and you have no defence against those that may spit on those values. What is your responsibility as a wearer is that you (not 'you' as an individual) not portray Spyder clothing as the best choice when it's demonstrably not.

No need to be quite so patronising, not least because your flowery prose meant it was difficult to understand what your point was. So, Masque thinks Spyder kit is poor value for money. As it happens so do I if you pay full retail for it, but I don't think those people who have a different opinion to me are stupid for choosing Spyder clothing, nor do I think they deserve the castigation they've got in this thread.

Exactly. Who else but musky could turn a choice of ski clothing into a window on the wearer's soul? Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Masque wrote:
I've been arguing that Spyder gear is poor value for money from the start and you reinforce that in your own post . . . buy retail. . . hahahahahah rolling eyes
You've not just railed against the price but also the technical abilities, or lack thereof
Quote:
Spyder clothing design has an inordinate and anachronistic amount of panel seaming and with concomitant sealing and insulation required for that, along with the need for robust fabrics to cope with, it is the Hummer equivalent to the Land Rover . . . and we all know which is the better mud plugger.

Masque wrote:
I don't think I've called anyone stupid for their choice but I will call out their explanation for that choice as stupid
except when you said this:
Quote:
There are three reasons as to why anyone who wears Spyder gear is a twerp
and this:
Quote:
Anyone who wears the equivalent cost of a week's skiing for a weeks skiing . . . has their priorities truly clusterf*ck'd
and this
Quote:
it may be found that your adoption of the full range of Spyder wear may render you irresistible to others . . . some of them may even be of the opposite sex
or this
Quote:
but faux reasoning or fact should not be used to justify that choice
or perhaps this
Quote:
just because I call you a sad, badge monkey . . . doesn't mean you aren't
and then there was the off-piste excursion into Jane Austenland. I wonder if someone else has your login password, or whether the memory really is failing? Wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PJSki wrote:
Exactly. Who else but musky could turn a choice of ski clothing into a window on the wearer's soul? Laughing

As you demonstrate in another thread . . . is not that true? Our most inconsequential decisions are far more revealing than those we flout.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, perhaps my definition or use of "stupid" is a little more robust, rotund or reflective than yours? By all means denigrate me for my opinion but berating me for how I do it doesn't support your POV
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque wrote:
By all means denigrate me for my opinion but berating me for how I do it doesn't support your POV

I think our POV is essentially the same: we think it's a bit over-priced for what it is, and people shouldn't big it up as the be all and end all. Is that not right?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar wrote:
Masque, a number of ski schools seem to use Spyder kit, all season long in all weathers. The kit works. You might not like it. You might not be prepared to pay the premium they charge. But that doesn't mean that it's a bad choice for some people, unless you have a monopoly on wisdom and style...?

Ummm a bunch of Aussie ski schools had Karbon uniforms a couple of years back.... the things leaked like sieves - so were completely unsuitable for the conditions. (Plenty rain days in Oz also wet snow).... they were purchased because "the price was right" AIUI (eg provided FOC)...

I was still dry in my el cheapo goretex shell pants while the ski instructors I skied with were soaked through... ditto my locally made technical goretex shell (also good price) was keeping me dry and comfy not wet and soggy.....

Sorry - what a ski school uses means nothing!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar, You've beer in the pipes waiting for you wink I'll let you know where to collect Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx wrote:
Hurtle wrote:
[Ms Austen (sic)

my turn.... isn't it right to use "(sic)" when reproducing the error, not when quoting but correcting it?
Probably. Don't actually know.

Masque, I'm afraid that a thesaurus won't suffice to dig you out of the hole which you are currently enlarging. A dictionary is what you need.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Masque, stop using three words when one appropriate one would suffice - you are trying far too hard. And 'anachronistic' means something inappropriate to the time in which it was set, which isn't very relevant in the context of a silly fight about overpriced skiwear.

But I agree that Spyder stuff is overly ugly and far too expensive. Laughing

Hurtle, that holidaywhatsit bird is correct.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
holidayloverxx, Lizzard, I stand corrected.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lizzard, something inappropriate to the time in which it was set . . . and that's not inappropriate to Spyder's current design line-up rolling eyes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hurtle wrote:
holidayloverxx, Lizzard, I stand corrected.

Shocked ( & Cool )
ski holidays
Masque, they're just a load of ski jackets. Get a life, man.
ski holidays
Lizzard, when the best intellectual question you get in a day is "Yah want fries with that" . . . this is refreshing wink
snow conditions
Masque wrote:
Lizzard, when the best intellectual question you get in a day is "Yah want fries with that" . . . this is refreshing wink

.. which must surely be followed by "?" after "that" wink (only a feeble attempt at a wind-up, mate - we'll have another attempt on monday...)
snow report
Lizzard wrote:

But I agree that Spyder stuff is overly ugly

I wouldn't call this overly ugly

http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi?prod_code_in=338711&transid=&SQLCodeLink=AND~~(prod_cats.category~=~'Snowsports~Clothing~-~Women\'s'~and~prod_cats.prod_code~=~product.prod_code)~AND~PROD_MAN~=~'Spyder'~AND~PROD_SPECIAL_FLAG~=~'0'~AND~PROD_NODISP~!=~1,pageLimit=0&mode=user&config=&rowsFound=6&srchType=
ski holidays
uktrailmonster, FFS man, it's got fur all over the cuffs and a pointless silly belt. Gah. rolling eyes
latest report
uktrailmonster, my stuff is FAR nicer than that, and if she's supposed to be a model then I need to get me an agent!
snow report
Jealous bints Laughing
ski holidays
uktrailmonster, Laughing nah. I need to practice uploading photos. Honest, my spyder gear is poo-poo hot and I NEVER talk myself up
ski holidays
HH, This thread is useless without photos Wink
latest report
uktrailmonster, Laughing
snow conditions
latest report
arv, you know my problems Laughing
snow conditions
HH, that photo is lifted straight from Flickr, if you click the wee quote button underneath the time of my post you can see how it was done ^^^
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
arv, but I haven't got Flickr, and I must also be going blind because I can't see a wee button Shocked
latest report
HH, it is beside the edit button on your posts--------------------------------->>>

UKTMs really long link makes it off the side of my screen but it is over there somewhere.
snow conditions
arv, r you sure it's not only people who post pictures that can see that? I can only see the reply with quote button. I liked your arrow though, very handy for a thicko like me Laughing
latest report
HH, yeh if you click that it shows you how I made the picture post (albeit with [ quote] at either side of it)
snow report
HH, I bet you're blonde. Am I right? Wink
snow conditions
arv, well why didnyasaysointhefirstplace!

uktrailmonster, yup!
ski holidays
HH, you got there in the end, next time I'll send someone to hold your hand Toofy Grin
latest report
arv, cheers. thing is I clicked on that button and it just brought up a thing like I was going to send a message. Waht's that got to do with posting a photo?

I'm entering the white blonde league aren't I?
snow conditions
HH, you entered at least an hour ago Laughing

It just shows you how if you were to post a photo you should be doing it.... where to have the 'tags' ie img and where to have the URL (www.something.com/blonde.jpg) so is a pretty good guide Very Happy

I am quite happy this thread has been diverted away from the sh*t show it was, could a mod maybe move this to the posting advice thread in suggestions?
latest report
arv, oh my God, I think you think I know something about computers. Tags...? Dont they come on new clothes? And URL...do you think that most people know what you are on about? Oh my God...am I the only person that doesn't know this stuff?
ski holidays
HH, email someone your best photos and I'm sure they will be posted for you...
latest report
e-mail who? God the pressure is really on now. What if I was wrong and I actually do look sh!te and my spyder gear is Sh!te? Shocked Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy