Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who owns Spyder gear?

Poster: A snowHead
Masque, well, thanks for your kinds words rolling eyes (althogh I wouldn't dream of wearing the lycra wink )
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Masque meet Lizzard, Lizzard meet Masque. This could be the start of something beautiful.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Masque,
1. Ever thought that someone maybe time, rather than financially limited.
2. Spyder is not about wearing lycra, although the USA & Canada ski teams seem to think it's OK
3. I can tell the difference because I've dealt with Spyder for years. If people want to buy and wear fakes it's up to them.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
And since when the f**k did it matter what people wore anyway? I thought we slid down mountains because we enjoyed it, not because it gave us an opportunity to sneer at other people.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 22-04-09 22:16; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lizzard, I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that I haven't ordered a new Spyder Jacket for next year. I've ran out of wardrobe space, the 6 Spyder Jackets & 4 pairs of Spyder Ski Pants will have to suffice for another season. Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, agreed.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, also agreed (but I do like your jacket with the green bits wink )
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx wrote:
(but I do like your jacket with the green bits wink )

You're one of the few that does! Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, I think it matters to the Manufacturers of the product, whether or not it's being ripped off and sold off cheap. Dodgy DVDs, music piracy, rip off Sunglasses, illegal software, to mention but a few. I won't buy fake goods on principal. If someone buys and uses fake goods, they're the fashion victims, not the people buying the real stuff.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spyderman, it's the people who sneer at people because of their choice of brand that gets my goat. Rip off goods is another issue altogether.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I sense some angst Twisted Evil

Spyderman, If you're that 'time' limited them may be(sic) you should spend less of it defending your spending preferences. Besides, it may be found that your adoption of the full range of Spyder wear may render you irresistible to others . . . some of them may even be of the opposite sex wink

arv, Lizzard is a 'Chosen Woman' already and I am far too addled and ancient to be of interest to her Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar, Very much agreed. I couldn't give a Flying F**k what people wear.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spyderman wrote:

Even if its Jeep branded leisurewear?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fatbob, oooooh . . . biatch Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Masque, I wear Spyder because I like it and I get a very good deal on it. I am sadly time limited, but that is my choice. I don't need to defend how I spend my money to anyone (unless I'm trying to bring another Land Rover home that is Laughing )
We haven't mentioned my North Face collection yet, have we? wink Not quite up to rob@rar, levels yet, but I'm working on it. Laughing
ski holidays
fatbob wrote:
Spyderman wrote:

Even if its Jeep branded leisurewear?

I'd rather push a Land Rover, than drive a Jeep. Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Spyderman, your voluble defence speaks volumes Twisted Evil
snow report
Spyderman wrote:

Sorry to butt in but really, some designer branding per se is a bit stinky cheesy. I remember that TV/cinema advert for Mercedes Benz la couple of years back with the Janice Joplin score ...

"Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz"

... placed in the advert without a hint of irony or self-mocking. Bleuuucchh !! rolling eyes

Most manufacturers produce a mix of decent products and shite ones but when consumer brand loyalty switches to brand worship, the product function itself becomes devalued IMO.

I'll get my Pierre Cardin coat. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
This whole thread is getting very sad -( a bit like Spyder merchandise) -let us change the subject Toofy Grin
ski holidays
snowbandit wrote:
let us change the subject

Spyder helmets ?
ski holidays
Masque wrote:

1: Anyone who wears the equivalent cost of a week's skiing for a weeks skiing . . . has their priorities truly clusterf*ck'd

Here's how it works. Poor people tend to buy cheap stuff and rich people tend to buy expensive stuff. Are you with me so far?
Someone with an income of £100K pa might decide to spend £400 on a ski jacket. That's the same as someone earning £20K spending £80 on their jacket. So whether or not your priorities are "clusterf*ck'd" depends entirely on your income.

Is it really that difficult to imagine being rich and not having to measure every cost in units of "a weeks skiing"? The cost of a weeks skiing will vary dramatically too depending on income, so it's meaningless anyway.
snow conditions
moffatross, Nah - is Lance Armstrong going to win this years Tour De France??-there you go big change of subject -bye the way Lance is a mean skier also -and guess what? he dont do Spyder!!!
ski holidays
uktrailmonster wrote:
Masque wrote:

1: Anyone who wears the equivalent cost of a week's skiing for a weeks skiing . . . has their priorities truly clusterf*ck'd

Here's how it works. Poor people tend to buy cheap stuff and rich people tend to buy expensive stuff. Are you with me so far?
Someone with an income of £100K pa might decide to spend £400 on a ski jacket. That's the same as someone earning £20K spending £80 on their jacket. So whether or not your priorities are "clusterf*ck'd" depends entirely on your income.

Is it really that difficult to imagine being rich and not having to measure every cost in units of "a weeks skiing"? The cost of a weeks skiing will vary dramatically too depending on income, so it's meaningless anyway.

...and you can take that another step further, eg somebody in a Somalian village could feed the whole village for a year for 80 quid. It is all relative. It depends on what you have and your priorities and desires.
latest report
Quote:

you thinking e900 is "unarguably an excessive amount"is pure and utter cl@ptr@p...it is not for you to decide

The price charged is excessive relative to the cost of production and compared to other items of similar quality and functionality. If people still want to buy it, that's their business.

Now, go away and get yourself a) some basic good manners and b) a rudimentary grasp of your own language. You rude illiterate moron. Laughing
snow conditions
Spyderman, well you're stuck with Spyder gear now - otherwise you'll have to have a name change:

Trespassman
Dare2Beman
Northfaceman

hmm Laughing
ski holidays
Lizzard, All clothing has a huge mark-up. A ladies high street chain selling a dress at £100 would cost in the region of £13. Goods are worth what someone is prepared to pay for them, simple supply and demand. You could buy a watch for a tenner or buy a Rolex for £5K, they both tell the time.
snow report
midgetbiker wrote:
rayscoops wrote:
Any clothes that advertise the brand in such a bold and crass manner is well worth avoiding, unless you can buy it cheap some where Laughing

Spyder jacket that retailed at £500 in the UK, $500 in the USA, 60% discount in the end of season sales in Breckenridge 4 years ago. So now $200 = £100 (those were the days Sad ). Its black soft shell so not garish and has so far given me about 100 days skiing and looks nearly as new. I've never got wet yet, I am rarely cold, and only get a liitle hot if I layer up too much and the black sucks up all the spring sun. So someone tell me is that value or not?

that is value .......
snow report
Snowheads lead......as opposed to gold. Who gives a toss who wears what. The only thing I object to are white outfits.

Oh and if rob@rar, thinks that a few people liked his Les Arcs green out fit then he is clearly back on the glue Toofy Grin .
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
uktrailmonster wrote:
Here's how it works. Poor people tend to buy cheap stuff and rich people tend to buy expensive stuff. Are you with me so far? Someone with an income of £100K pa might decide to spend £400 on a ski jacket. That's the same as someone earning £20K spending £80 on their jacket. So whether or not your priorities are "clusterf*ck'd" depends entirely on your income. Is it really that difficult to imagine being rich and not having to measure every cost in units of "a weeks skiing"? The cost of a weeks skiing will vary dramatically too depending on income, so it's meaningless anyway.

Actually no, for example, my mate who is loaded went on his first ever ski holiday to St Moritz or some where knobby like that (because his girlfriend (ex) is a snob and also rich) and bought some Northface gear there that cost a fortune. I have since 'educated' him as to the value of money with respect to picking his ski resort, modes of tranport, DIY trips etc and that he does not need to waste money unecessarily. He now wears with pride a ski jacket that I bought for him in Bangkok and avoids expensive ski trips whereby the same quality of trip can be achieved for half the price.

At times some people seem to confuse quality with price.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, unfortunately a lot of the ski industry is based upon image rather than substance, otherwise no one would be wearing a £600 jacket primarily for the badge on it for 3 hours piste skiing a day, and then run for cover at the first sign of snow....... but each to their own I suppose Very Happy
ski holidays
Seriously who on earth cares what someone else wears?.....very odd.
snow report
rayscoops, does your friend also recycle his teabags? If not, you obviously haven't educated him well enough. Which reminds me, I heard the most amazing story the other day. An artist manager friend of mine used to look after a world-famous violinist, who often had to endure some grumpiness on the part of her accompanist, when on tour. One day she decided to ask the accompanist what was bugging him and he said, 'I just get so annoyed, when I have carefully hung up my dental floss to dry in the bathroom, if hotel staff clear it away.' I'm told this is true. It's amazing the lengths to which some relatively well-off people will go, to save money and avoid waste.

I'm sure I wouldn't still be wearing my 15+yo fartbag if it hadn't been made by Bogner. The poxy thing is indestructible. Laughing
snow report
Lizzard,thats not what you were saying in your initial posts... i'll take your last post as an admission of your stupidity..BTW..how do you know anything about "the price charged is excessive relative to the cost of production"..how do you know that?where do you get your information?...are you living in some sort of dream land..that is what happens in the real world..manufacture low, sell high.........or do you think the consumer should be able to buy at cost price????........ HELLO,is there anybody in there?.... A$$HAT
latest report
snowpatrol wrote:
Lizzard,thats not what you were saying in your initial posts... i'll take your last post as an admission of your stupidity.

A suggestion from you of "stupidity" on the part of others shoudl be taken as a compliment, since it is usually actually the exact opposite.

Quote:

.BTW..how do you know anything about "the price charged is excessive relative to the cost of production"..how do you know that?where do you get your information?...are you living in some sort of dream land..that is what happens in the real world..manufacture low, sell high.........or do you think the consumer should be able to buy at cost price????.

Nobody has for one tiny moment suggested otherwise.

Why do you think (using that word very loosely) that they might have done?

Quote:
........ HELLO,is there anybody in there?.... A$$HAT

Yes, you are.
ski holidays
alex_heney,maybe if you read what lizzard said in his previous 4 posts you might understand...are you guys buddies or what?(or maybe more than buddies?) must be some reason why you are taking my response to lizzards post so personally
snow report
snowpatrol, perhaps chivalry is the driving factor with alex_heney as Lizzard is a she.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, and i am meant to know that how? chivalry is no excuse for blind stupidity
ski holidays
snowpatrol, sorry, my fault, I had presumed you knew everything wink
snow report
Frosty the Snowman,i can see why you might think that
snow conditions
snowpatrol, Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy