Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any body else going to the Summer Camp in Les Deux Alpes?

Poster: A snowHead
FastMan, have a safe trip. Looking forward to meeting another great snowHead instructor Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rick, have a smooth trip across The Pond and save some snow for me and Ms. D1.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
FastMan, have a safe trip. Looking forward to meeting another great snowHead instructor

Thanks, holidayloverxx, looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the gang too!

Quote:
Rick, have a smooth trip across The Pond and save some snow for me and Ms. D1.

Not to worry, deliberate1, we'll just get it warmed up for you. Oh wait,,, that's not a good thing with snow is it? Ok then, we'll keep it on ice! Smile

See you on week 2!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am going to practice getting up at 6 am and going out for a brisk walk up an Alp before breakfast. Starting tomorrow morning. Maybe......
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, I'm in trainin myself. Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
well I did get up early, but it was a rather short amble up a very little bit of an alp - stopping to pick flowers along the way.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Only 2 days till the first person arrives - gosh - where did the time go?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have a great time everyone
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mogs, Really sorry you aren't able to join us - you'll be missed. Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski, Thanks. I am gutted. I am sure it's going to be a great couple of weeks.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mogs, Sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mogs, Sad

If it is any consolation I'm stuck here too.... and as it turns out I could probably have almost wangled a cheap ($1100) airfare and got there...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks Pam. You and T have a great time

little tiger, Oh no. Nothing worse than that. Never mind. Look forward to next year

Keep us posted how it goes guys
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have a great time everyone.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
little tiger, Mogs, At least we don't need to get up at 6am wink Laughing
snow report
Mogs, You know there is no certainty about next year for lots of reasons - not least because Fastman is likely to be out of pocket this year! It was not a marketing ploy!
latest report
Mogs, I have less chance next year even if Fastman can be lured back... and Easiski does not just throw up her hands in horror and work in the UK for summer or part there of...

R32, yeah well there is that... sadly I keep waking at 6am anyway!(Although it is nice to hide under the covers for an hour or two)
snow report
easiski, little tiger, I didn't actually mean this course next year and I make no assumption that it will take place. I meant next winter and a possible trip to Deux Alps in general as I know you (Little Tiger) like myself have been before. Not sure about a marketing ploy? Sorry if I misled anyone
latest report
Mogs, Aah - fine. It's just that as it's difficult at the moment, and we didn't decide to even do it until a bit late, naturally lots of people have said 'I'd like to come next year'

The first camper (not a snowhead) has arrived and I'll be showing him round the glacier tomorrow morning. Fastman arrives tomorrow and I'll be doing the same again for him on Saturday, then he's doing a private lesson later in the morning. The rest are probably arriving around T time, so we'll have to rush up to the shop to get gear for whoever needs it, sort out plans for sunday and ... away. Very Happy

Keep an eye on both this thread and the snow reports for news. Very Happy
ski holidays
easiski, Very Happy
latest report
easiski, Very Happy have fun don't work too hard
snow conditions
Fastman has arrived! We've had a chat, got his lift pass and we're off up the mountain tomorrow morning. Very Happy
ski holidays
easiski, snowHead
snow report
easiski, snowHead
ski holidays
Everyone's here and we all had a very pleasant meal together last night. I'm just about to be off up the mountain - they'll all be eating their breakfast at the moment.
ski holidays
Hope everypne has a great time. Look forward to seeing you in 5 weeks or so C
ski holidays
Annie, They're all knackered, and we had issues with the hotel TV which wouldn't see our videos, but tomorrow it'll be better! I've imported the first day, first runs vid for later transferring to CD for everyone. Very Happy We had such fab conditions today - see snow reports.
latest report
Have fun everyone!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
we,ve had stunning conditions - albeit wintry cold at times. The early starts take a bit of getting used to;as do french keyboards.

We,ve all hugely enjoyed and benefitted from great tuition and we still have three days left! Food at the hotel is excellent, though few of us can do full justice to the breakfast, bolted down at 6.15 am! Watching huge numbers of fabulous skiers training on the glacier is part of the pleasure of the week; surrounded by good examples coming at us at very high speed from all directions: Never have I felt so safe on such busy slopes!

the hotel only has us in it, so we rattle around a bit, but the rooms are several cuts above the kind I,m used to on ski hols;

you,ll have a great time next week - and we were not so knackered today: wink
snow conditions
pam w, thanks for the update - hope the conditions stay good for us Very Happy

how long does it take to walk to the jandri express?
snow conditions
pam w, pict churros?
ski holidays
Pam, thanks for the update. I am primed and packed, mostly. What are the temps on the glacier and in town. Want to pack right.
Enjoy!
David
snow report
deliberate1, Currently very hot! It should be nice next week, but don't leave out a fleece or two.

I want to say that all the participants are working very hard on their skiing and it's coming on in leaps and bounds. We have a daily video session in the hotel and that's also popular, as was the salsa lesson yesterday from one of our number who just happens to be a latin american/ballroom dancing teacher. Very Happy Fastman and I both took part and it was fun, albeit not very good for dodgy ankles. Sad Looking forward to tomorrow - a team pic was taken yesterday, so hopefully that'll be posted soon, and for general pix look at the snow report as per normal. Very Happy
latest report
deliberate1, we had -15 on Monday, with windchill; and a real summery day today. Still needed headband and ski gear; but nothing much needed underneath: you need layers really; and a big enough backpack to hold unwanted ones: It,s warm in town today, and was 30 down in Venosc village - right down in the valley. But Tuesday our car; outside the hotel; had a thin layer of ice on the window. So you need to be prepared for anything, really.

We are getting acclimatised to the early stqrts and the altitude just as our week comes to an end - it,s been ggreat and I hope you guys have as good conditions.

Can;t do pics in internet caff, sorry!!!!
ski holidays
Looks like it is a really good week - hope we see some pics sometime. I'm 90% envious - but that is somewhat moderated by the (understandable) 6.15 start at the hotel Shocked
ski holidays
Pam, thanks for the note and weather report. So basically one needs a bathing suit, a down parka and everything in between. No prob. Enjoy the rest of your week.
David
ski holidays
we,ve just finished; all in one piece: Now at last I understand Inner Leg Extension: A great week; and tonight we can have a drink because breakfast is not till 8!
latest report
deliberate1, yes, take the bathing suit - they,re opening the hotel pool today.
snow report
deliberate1, yes, take the bathing suit - they,re opening the hotel pool today.
snow report
achilles wrote:
Looks like it is a really good week - hope we see some pics sometime. I'm 90% envious - but that is somewhat moderated by the (understandable) 6.15 start at the hotel Shocked

Not sure I could cope with that one. I definitely couldn't manage breakfast.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy