Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any body else going to the Summer Camp in Les Deux Alpes?

Poster: A snowHead
My OH and I are planning to do a week intensive ski training at the Summer Camp in Les Deux Alpes (see http://easiski.com/SpecialCourses.html). We are wondering whether any other Snowheads are planning to go and, in particular, whether there are any potential single candidates who might be interested in sharing, as the accommodation cost is based on double occupancy. We have at least one friend who is interested to take part (male) but who would be looking for a roommate to keep costs reasonable.

I’d be happy to try to do some match-making if anyone is interested.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pam w, Oooh - a definite possible. I would be a (female) single looking for a share. I need to investigate a bit more I think, but keep this thread alive Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ooo! I wish! My marriage would end, and I 'd get fired ................ Nope.. Can't do it. Sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd love to do it but I don't think I am a good enough skier yet Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not sure how this works - dates quoted are for 2 separate weeks but easiski says they can be taken separately or together, does this mean if you can only do 1 week you can choose which one you want?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Do we know the name of the hotel?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I really want to, easiski told me about it when i was there over feb 1/2 term but as dad is paying for a trip to china this summer can't see him paying for a trip skiing as well! May just save up for next year if it runs though!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

does this mean if you can only do 1 week you can choose which one you want?

yes as long as you book soon enough - we have not 100% decided yet, but must get on with it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, I've emailed easiski, I'll check my diary at work on tuesday and see which week is best.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
holidayloverxx, The Bérengère. Yes - you can do only one week, which is what I expect most will do, but I wouldn't want to stop anyone doing both if they wanted to.

swskier, I know, but he did seem receptive when I spoke to him. The thing is, obviously, if this year is not a success then it won't run next year. Fastman has a lot of expenses to come over, and also a personal situation which may not allow him to come another time anyway. I'm certainly hoping that this will be a regular fixture, but it's far from certain. Confused
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx, I found some information about the hotel on the Mark Warner website http://www.markwarner.co.uk/sun/summer-in-the-alps/la-berangere

It looks very nice - certainly a cut above the sort of place we usually stay in. I plan to do plenty of swimming and eating, as well as skiing!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, thanks, looks great. I am in the definitely intereste camp. I've checked out flights to Lyon with car hire but am just as happy driving from UK if I can get 2 others to share. all depends on dates at work, I'll know on tuesday what's doable and will post.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ooh, this sounds good...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jonm, Ooh, do come Very Happy

(where are the girlies for a female share.... with me, that is, not jonm Laughing )
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jonm, are you a fella? wink
snow report
holidayloverxx, Rachel Q is interested, but I haven't heard if she's decided yet. She would come alone if she does.
snow report
easiski, thanks, that would be a great roomshare. can't wait to check my diary.
snow report
holidayloverxx, we plan to go the first week - 20 June.
snow report
pam w, I'm thinking that too, but all dependent on the Board meeting at work and I can't remember the date - If I can't do one week I should be able to do the other.
ski holidays
Some friends decided last night to come with us. snowHead They had thought their skiing days were over - but we persuaded them to join us for a holiday in our gentle and family-friendly area, in January. They arrived with huge great long skis - my friend is my height (about 5'6") and her skis were over 2m long! She didn't wear them all week - I lent her my Wave Magic skis which are 156cms, and she took no more than a few hours to get used to them and didn't touch hers all week. It was her first week skiing without injury for a long time. Like me, she'd like to keep skiing till she's REALLY old and that means skiing smarter, not harder. Hence signing up for the summer camp.
The combination of some strenuous ski lessons and some lounging around by the pool sounds great.
snow report
easiski wrote:
Rachel Q is interested, but I haven't heard if she's decided yet. She would come alone if she does.
I'm still interested, very, but still not decided yet, but only because the dates are a problem for taking time off work.
holidayloverxx, if it does work out, I'd be delighted to room share with you Very Happy
latest report
RachelQ, Very Happy I'll check my dates on tuesday and let you know how I'm fixed, if it works out that woudl be great, if not then fingers crossed for another lone female on the trip
snow report
I think if I could guarantee 4 hours a day with Rick I could well be in- at 2 hours I'm a bit ho-hum.
latest report
fatbob, 2 hours with a group of 4 or 4 hours with a group of 8 works out the same. In the 4 hour group there wouldn't be any practise time though, so consolidation would have to be during the lessons. There is no question that you would be at the higher end of the ability scale of those present.
latest report
Repeating to myself: summer belongs to mrs horizon. She calls the shots on holidays. Summer belongs to mrs horizon...
snow conditions
horizon wrote:
Repeating to myself: summer belongs to mrs horizon. She calls the shots on holidays. Summer belongs to mrs horizon...

Glad to see I'm not the only one who repeats that mantra (in favour of not-Mrs rob@rar, of course)!
latest report
Well, at the moment it's looking like the 27th June week is the most do-able for me.
ski holidays
fatbob, me, possible/maybe.....have to look into what it all entails...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I am seriously considering this depending on travel options and feedback from Easiski. I would be looking for a room share for the first week if I go ahead.
snow report
I would love to come but there are too many uncertainties at present with lack of leave and the proximity of our summer holiday just being two. Still fingers crossed...
ski holidays
I'm very interested. If I go I'll want a single room (and accept I'll have to pay a supplement). I'll probably drive down.
latest report
Wanted to go but have used up all my leave with the family summer holiday. Crying or Very sad
snow report
Whether I can go or not is dependant on whether I can get a room share so if anyone is interested let me know
snow report
Mogs, male or female?
snow report
Male here. Wrong side of 40 Sad No nasty habits that I know of Happy
snow report
Well, I made my plane reservation this week. Flying into Lyon, France on the 18th,,, then will take the train into Grenoble and probably spend the night there before busing up to Les Deux Alpes the next day. Can anyone recommend a clean and friendly room for cheap for my night in Grenoble?

I'm really pleased to see so much interest in the camp and I'm greatly looking forward to finally getting to meet/ski/train with my Snowhead buddies, and spend a couple weeks in this beautiful mountain village in the French Alps. fatbob, I hope you do decide to attend. I'm going to be the camps 4 hour coach. Easiski and I had already discussed that. JT, do grab one of the spots if you can. It's a seriously good deal.
snow report
holidayloverxx, the second week is the one most do-able for me too. I'll know for sure in a week (working around co-workers' holidays) but I'm very hopeful snowHead
snow report
FastMan, There are several hotels opposite the train/bus station. I've only ever stayed in the Alize which is definitely one to be avoided. The Ibis in the town centre is OK but a bit more of a walk.
snow report
There's an Ibis near the station too IIRC. Probably best to find a hotel near the station so you don't have to drag your luggage too far. You can walk to the town centre from there pretty easily (without luggage)
snow conditions
Quote:

jonm, are you a fella?

I was the last time I looked Neutral
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy