Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HMR helmets

Poster: A snowHead
hi..

anyone tried the hmr H2 helmet with the visor.
they look pretty good, but haven't seen one in the flesh

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have one without the visor and I love it light and amazing lookinh
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you mean those one's that kind of look like a fighter pilot helmet that all the frenchies having a mid life crisis seem to be wearing. Cool if your a 6 year old kid, anyone else, they look a tad stupid. However i cannot comment on their functionality. They could be the best helmet ever... still wouldn't wear one though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
el nombre wrote:
Do you mean those one's that kind of look like a fighter pilot helmet that all the frenchies having a mid life crisis seem to be wearing. Cool if your a 6 year old kid, anyone else, they look a tad stupid. However i cannot comment on their functionality. They could be the best helmet ever... still wouldn't wear one though.

firstly who says i'm not 6 years old.
so basically you feel the need to insult, nice. i may be having a midlife crisis as well and looking like a fighter pilot isn't so bad.

once again thanks..
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I never said you weren't 6. I just personally think they're ugly helmets and it seems that a fair amount of "uncool" (for want of a better word but they really aren't stylish) older people seem to have them. But yeah they could work really well. Time for a constructive comment though. Not entirely sure how close fitting the visor is. If it isn't that close then you maybe leaving yourself open to glare reflecting off the snow. I guess you'd want to try it out, as you should always do with things like helmets. Not sure how the visor would stand up to a full on faceplant either as it has no frame as far as i can tell, so it would have to be a fairly stiff material and could be susceptible to cracking. You'd hope not when right infront of your eyes though.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
el nombre wrote:
I never said you weren't 6. I just personally think they're ugly helmets and it seems that a fair amount of "uncool" (for want of a better word but they really aren't stylish) older people seem to have them. But yeah they could work really well. Time for a constructive comment though. Not entirely sure how close fitting the visor is. If it isn't that close then you maybe leaving yourself open to glare reflecting off the snow. I guess you'd want to try it out, as you should always do with things like helmets. Not sure how the visor would stand up to a full on faceplant either as it has no frame as far as i can tell, so it would have to be a fairly stiff material and could be susceptible to cracking. You'd hope not when right infront of your eyes though.

your more than entitled to your opinion, however i did ask if anyone had knowledge of them and would greatly appreciate thoughts on that.
sadly on this occassion i didn't require smarmy comments or veiled insults.

once again thank you for your input.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can't comment on the visor but I have an H1 with peak and a H2 full face. Great helmets but I'd rather use goggles than the visor.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kiwi1 wrote:
Can't comment on the visor but I have an H1 with peak and a H2 full face. Great helmets but I'd rather use goggles than the visor.

my concern is the visor may look good but depending on construction it may rattle about and not really stop wind etc so much due to being open at the bottom.
but the ide of wearing glasses and being able to just flip it down if needed does appeal..
and also pretending to be a fighter pilot of course Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mugen,

I bought my wife the H2 with visor and its brilliant, no leaks, no glear or watering eyes, I also have a mate who has 2 H2 helmets different visors attached for bright days & stormy ones he got fed up changing the visors over when the weather changes, as for the other comment, I personally think the look cool, I have nagged my wife for years to get a helmet and I finally one, she feels happy in it & i knowe she is protected.

We are off again next week 4th time this season, & she will have it on, & no she is not having a midlife crisis Evil or Very Mad

If you can get one do it, very comfortable!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Like ski boots the most important factor is the fit, try on before you buy. IMHO second most important factor is how well ventilated it is esp for more energetic skiers and for spring skiing. Is the H2 well ventilated?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DB, we have skiied this year in very warm & sunny Temps & bearing in mind my wife has long thick curly hair she has not complained once, she has said its very comfortable and well ventilated when the vents are open, no probs.

Also my mate who has 2 of these & Chris Mason (from this forum) knows him also and this guy is a top skier & we dont hand around also thinks its the best helmet he has ever bought.

I would love one, but I wear a Giro top of the range helmet and I can't justify buying another model, even though I would love to wear a helmet with a visor that is built in.

& yes helmet fit is critical, bad fitting helmets are useless in a serious accident.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mutley wrote:
Mugen,

I bought my wife the H2 with visor and its brilliant, no leaks, no glear or watering eyes, I also have a mate who has 2 H2 helmets different visors attached for bright days & stormy ones he got fed up changing the visors over when the weather changes, as for the other comment, I personally think the look cool, I have nagged my wife for years to get a helmet and I finally one, she feels happy in it & i knowe she is protected.

We are off again next week 4th time this season, & she will have it on, & no she is not having a midlife crisis Evil or Very Mad

thanks very much for the info.
will look to get a h2 in near future. problem right now is that there is none available in UK in my size (saddled witha big head 61cm) and they say they wont replenish till autumn.. sounds like madness to me.. but hey ho
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I bought an H2 with visor this season after trying many, many other helmets. None of the others seem to fit my shape head, but the H2 is a perfect fit. The visor comes down low and there is no reflected glare. The visor gives me excellent peripheral vision - a good safety point with crowded pistes. My eyes do water with the visor, but no more than they water with wrap-around sunglasses. (My eyes even water a bit when wearing goggles!) Maybe I ski too fast Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mugen, see here and forward onto the next page for some information about visor helmets http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=47990#1138235
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jonno wrote:
I bought an H2 with visor this season after trying many, many other helmets. None of the others seem to fit my shape head, but the H2 is a perfect fit. The visor comes down low and there is no reflected glare. The visor gives me excellent peripheral vision - a good safety point with crowded pistes. My eyes do water with the visor, but no more than they water with wrap-around sunglasses. (My eyes even water a bit when wearing goggles!) Maybe I ski too fast Very Happy

thanks for the info. like i said probably going to get one.. jus none right now for my rather expansive bonce Smile
snow conditions
Megamum wrote:
mugen, see here and forward onto the next page for some information about visor helmets http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=47990#1138235

cheers, thanks for the information
ski holidays
I have an H2 with the standard visor. I have found it to be very comfortable, warm when needed but not too hot come Easter-time. The field of vision is good and i can wear my prescription specs underneath (which defeated the object of shelling out on £360 Bolle wraparound, mogul lenses prescription ones the year before). As for eye wate - if the visor is tightened up well (take care putting it on for the 1st time) and it fits snug to the nose etc there is no adverse wind issue even wih my GPS recording regular speeds in excess of 60mph.

I woudl get on the helmet bandwagon sooner rather than later as they are bound to become mandatory in France, Austria, Italy and Switzerland very soon and then the prices will go through the roof. I have heard rumour that the ESF are making all ski instructors in Courchevel wear helets next season. If this is true, I bet they get fur lined ones!

Anyway - got mine from Intersport in Albertville for 139 euros.

Love looking like an ageing fighter pilot - and Top Gun is a great film after all! Very Happy
snow report
Mutley wrote:
Mugen,

Hi Mutley, Ive just purchased a HMR helmet and now tracking down a visor. Hard to get here in UK and not 100% certain i can get one in the resort im off to soon. Planning on purchasing online but just wondered if you had any advise on the type/colour of visor to go for? Wondering what your wife went for?

Im hoping i could get the one visor that covers me for sun and overcast days a this stage.

Thanks a lot for any thoughts.
snow conditions
mugen wrote:
anyone tried the hmr H2 helmet with the visor.
they look pretty good, but haven't seen one in the flesh

Nice lid.......and its Class A as well wink, woohoo....sorry, couldn't resist. Thought it was only me who wanted to get a helmet like this, glad to see I'm not alone. I gave up on them though because they had no UK stock and moved on. Have you had a look at the Dainese V-Jet? Snow & Rock did have some stock. Proper fighter pilot gear, which to me is not necessarily a bad thing.... Shocked
snow conditions
Does anyone know, if HMR helmet visors are compatible with both H1 and H2 helmets?

I ask because in the photgraphs I have seen, there appear to be two different types.
Does nayone know, or own one ?

many thanks, Jon
latest report
I bought a HMR H2 from Fauner Sport in Sankt Anton earlier this year and I love it. They even posted it to me in Sungapore! Yes it's not to everyone's taste but it is brilliant in cold or warm weather and survived a serious face plant unscathed. There will always be someone to question your choices / taste but if you want a good helmet - frankly at a reasonable price as it effectively includes goggles I think you will be happy with this one.

Antony
snow report
Hello, considering an HMR H3 helmet, any feedback or thoughts from people who owned them? Thanks?
latest report
Not owned one ,but saw one in shop window in matt red last week and it looked extremely cool.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy