Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Toilet charge on Ryanair, are they (is he) mad

Poster: A snowHead
laundryman,
Quote:

I think the charge should be dumped.

That's where you and I differ..

I think the dump should be charged.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Perhaps they offer a BOGOF...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
laundryman,

As long as it's not wiped under the carpet...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pam W, after reading so many sensible and thoughtful posts from you, may I be the first to welcome you to the barmy fringe of snowHeads, who post the first thing that comes into our heads? Good to have you aboard!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Amazing you could be in the positon where the flight costs you more than haing to take a wee on the flight! Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
yes, a charge based on seats/weight would be sensible. A minimum of £X for a seat, then the rest depends on weight over and above a maximum which would have to be calculated on the basis of the marginal cost to the operator of additional weight.

It might be different on longhaul/shorthaul flights - maybe the marginal cost of getting weight actually up into the air in the first place is such as to justify a bigger extra charge for weight on short haul flights.

Yes - I am arguing for more general subsidy/help, which some wheelchair using passengers might well not need at all. My mother travelled out to see us in the Alps in the summer, with her wheelchair. As it happened she had such a light chair, and so little other luggage, that she would hardly have been overweight even if it had all been added in. But she could perfectly well afford the fare, and the wheelchair (and the big penalty charge she paid for her travel insurance, because she was over 80) and would not have suggested that she deserved any subsidy from anybody.

Come to that, why should I be getting my prescription medicines free (just organising it for my upcoming second 7 weeks skiing of the season) just because I'm 62? Our system of subsidies is cock-eyed and needs re-thinking from scratch. I am not an especially wealthy pensioner but certainly not especially poor either. Why should some hard-working young teacher or nurse be paying taxes so that I don't pay any prescription charges?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, it's barmy. I wonder whether Sir Fred Goodwin will get free prescriptions in a few years' time? I expect he'd take them! rolling eyes
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pam W, there are two explanations. The most likely is that free anything for OAPs gets good headlines (and OAP votes). The other is that it's cheaper to identify groups who should be helped than it is to means test people, even if some people benefit who don't need to. Also, in UK anyway. 'Means testing' is greatly disliked by those who have to undergo it and is a vote loser.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I agree with pam w, we should stand a set of scales with all our luggage and if the limit is exceeded then pay up.

I also would not mind been levied an extra 50p or so to discount badged disabled passengers. 300 odd fit passengers/plane will raise £150 which I would think would cover for quite a few extra medical needs.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

yes, a charge based on seats/weight would be sensible. A minimum of £X for a seat, then the rest depends on weight over and above a maximum which would have to be calculated on the basis of the marginal cost to the operator of additional weight.

And then everyone pays more for the additional administration, so any saving for the diminutive gets lost.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dwarf Vader, you are subsidising disabled passengers at the minute (OK by me).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DB wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Another thought

Is the entry chargeable per person or per visit. What if you have only £1 between 4 of you OMG

And another
Will the waitresses (sorry, airline safety technicians) be listening at the door and will there be a supplementary charge if they hear - - - - no sorry going to stop this post right here and now Shocked

It will probably be charged No 1: per litre or No 2: weighed.

if you have had a curry the night before they both could be charged per litre
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If they start charging people to pee then I expect their drinks sales will suffer. Who is going to pay €3 for a bottle of water then another €1 to get rid of it?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
richmond, what's barmy about my posts above? Just because we have such non-transparent systems and so many hidden subsidies, doesn't mean that it isn't sensible to dissect and think about them now and again.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jibber,

Laughing

Good point though...and unlike my last flight with eaysjet, no quick pint with my mates in the bar just before.. Very Happy
snow conditions
Or a free TV licence. Bonkers. My dear, late father could quite afford to buy one.

Fred-the-Shred however I think deserves his pension. He ran RBS exactly the way his shareholders wanted him to run it. Eric Daniels, however, ran LTSB in a very conservative fashion such that his share price had decayed consistently over the last decade - even before the HBOS debacle. Bonkers.
latest report
pam w, Nothing barmy about your posts. I agree. It annoys me intensely when, if you are a few kilos over baggage allowance, they charge you a ridiculous amount of money and quote "extra fuel required to transport extra weight" but this doesn't apply to the over-sized people who weigh more than me and my luggage put together. Evil or Very Mad

Seems to me there's one rule for one etc etc. Either the weight is a problem or it's not? Confused
latest report
JasonW wrote:
if you have had a curry the night before they both could be charged per litre

..... maybe there will be another price for a pint of mixed.
snow report
O'lady's front bottom is just cutting his ground service charges. Don't BAA charge to empty aircraft tanks and also for other ground services like hold luggage handling and checkout services. What t'booger is doing is trying to eliminate all the non-legally required airport fees . . and he'll save a fortune . . . but at the same time he'll not lower flight costs by a similar amount and will introduce additional discretionary spend fees. The single 10kg bag for everything is an example, you're going to see a lot of people flying wearing 'cargo' pants and wearing anoraks with huge pockets . . . I need to patent a jacket that can carry a laptop, A4 folders and all the rest of the gubbins needed to support a trip.

The man's a two-faced highwayman and every time I hear him I'm even more determined not to fly with the . . .
snow conditions
Masque, but of the 72 snowheads who admit to having flown with him, over 70% would do so again. So what is the man's crime?

I used his airline for the first time (for a ski trip) just recently and I found it delivered exactly what it said on the tin. no-frills, low cost, got me there and back without issues, and the staff were friendly and helpful.

I carried skis and paid to do so, seems fair to me. There was nothing two-faced or turpin-like about the transaction.

I have just booked again with him for March. This time for two of us with skis boots and luggage the cost is £210 total. Anyone know of a cheaper way to get to Austria, with full ski kit, in under 3 hours?

Jacket with huge pockets is a very good idea though, you should take it to the market. Laughing
snow report
Pam W, of course, everything should be examined critically. In the present case, as I'm sure you appreciate, the cost and trouble involved in assessing the small extra cost due from 100kg porkers like myself would outweigh, as it were, the benefit to nippers and stick insects, even if they are morally entitled to that benefit (which they're not - scrawny people should actually be fined for being scrawny). Anyway, it's not airlines' job to be fair to passengers but to make money for shareholders.
ski holidays
What Ryanair's customers will look like in the not too distant future

ski holidays
What happens if you think theres an urgent need for a large deposit, you pays your pound, only to be disappointed by copious amounts fo flatulence, do you get your money back or a voucher for a return visit at a later date? rolling eyes
latest report
jibber wrote:
If they start charging people to pee then I expect their drinks sales will suffer. Who is going to pay €3 for a bottle of water then another €1 to get rid of it?

You'll have an empty bottle at this point - problem solved
latest report
Im amazed no one said ''Its taking the p*ss!'
snow conditions
Kruisler, .... and lunging at the check-in desk?? Laughing
snow conditions
DAB wrote:
What happens if you think theres an urgent need for a large deposit, you pays your pound, only to be disappointed by copious amounts fo flatulence, do you get your money back or a voucher for a return visit at a later date? rolling eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

we all know this has happened to everyone with the air pressure wink
latest report
JasonW, 'Here I stand, Broken Hearted, Paid my £ and only farted' Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Axsman, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing (you got me crying now...)
ski holidays
To avoid discrimination against tall people (e.g. men) why not use BMI to determine seat price? After all, none of us can change our height but fatties can definitely lose some weight!
ski holidays
DAB wrote:

Seating areas will probably be split into "farting" and "non-farting". To prevent high air turbulence a light will illuminate above your head when you are able to fart. For a small extra surcharge from the flight staff, ear phones and gas masks will be available upon request.
snow report
DB Laughing Laughing Laughing hysterical,do you think they could recycle the bad air and use it to fly the plane? Would you qualify for a discount if you contributed?
ski holidays
If they do bring in this Digestion Charge, whats the betting on them reintroducing in-flight movies of "Worlds Most Gushing Waterfalls" and "Running taps through the Ages" Shocked
snow conditions
pam w, Have you considered the weight of a person compared to the weight of the areoplane, a few extra kg is pretty neglible and would have all but any affect on the cost of the flight. Once the aircraft is cruisinng at high altitude the mass of the aircraft is not the main factor in fuel consumption, it is the drag forces on the aircraft which try as they might the passengers cannot affect at all.

What you are paying for is primarily the space on the aircraft, of which your little toddler takes up exactly the same as anyone else, and a lot of money on administration, taxes, and the fees to use the airport.

The only time a bigger passenger should have to pay more is when they take up more than 1 seat and in that case they do already.

Your toddler is probably actually more of a strain on the aircraft than a large bloke, additional safety features will have to be provided for him, he will use the toilets more, although you are about to get charged for that one, and chances are he will annoy the rest of the passengers a lot more than your average large bloke.
snow conditions
Hmmm, charging for the loo is definitely not a good thing but I think they should turn the sprinklers on if anyone spends more than perhaps 7 minutes in there.

I have been on flights with massive queues for the loos with crying kids where I have started to think someone must have collapsed in the loo only for an immaculately made up woman to emerge clutching a make-up bag. Mad
snow conditions
Hullite, excellent idea Smile But reduce the 7 minutes to 2 minutes in the 15minutes before the seatbelt sign goes on to prepare for landing.
ski holidays
rambotion wrote:
pam w, Have you considered the weight of a person compared to the weight of the areoplane, a few extra kg is pretty neglible and would have all but any affect on the cost of the flight. Once the aircraft is cruisinng at high altitude the mass of the aircraft is not the main factor in fuel consumption, it is the drag forces on the aircraft which try as they might the passengers cannot affect at all.

What you are paying for is primarily the space on the aircraft, of which your little toddler takes up exactly the same as anyone else, and a lot of money on administration, taxes, and the fees to use the airport.

The only time a bigger passenger should have to pay more is when they take up more than 1 seat and in that case they do already.

Your toddler is probably actually more of a strain on the aircraft than a large bloke, additional safety features will have to be provided for him, he will use the toilets more, although you are about to get charged for that one, and chances are he will annoy the rest of the passengers a lot more than your average large bloke.

Quote:
a few extra kg is pretty neglible

So why am I charged for my extra 2kgs when my case goes over the limit.

Quote:

I love statements like this,they hold up as well as a chocolate fireguard, Can I add my sweeping random thoughts to this: Fat blokes use the toilet more than skinny blokes because they have more poo-poo in them.
latest report
Just found a new statement from Ryanair on the matter in hand Sad

RyanAir

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 27-02-09 16:43; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Charging for toilets is commonplace now. I had to pay 20p to use the loo at Wimbledon station last night. It took me about five minutes to realise what the turnstile was for as I had drink taken.

Waterloo station has had this racket for years. If you try to use the facilities at the burger bar, they are usually marked 'Out of Order'. Bars have a PIN code available only to paying customers. I would like to get credit for visits where I have bought food or drink but not used the loo.
snow conditions
Quote:
How much to join the Mile High Club?

Might depend on whether the partner is a professional or amateur......
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy