Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Toilet charge on Ryanair, are they (is he) mad

Poster: A snowHead
This has got to be a joke, but he owns the company so ?????

It "has" to be a joke

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7914193.stm

What if you don't have any UK coins on you.

No - it's April 1st come early.

How many sheets of paper will you get for each visit, maybe there will be a graduated scale

I'm sorry to lower the tone of this forum with toilet based topics but C O M E O N what is going on. Am I the only tog who can't believe this?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never used Ryanair and hopefully will never have to...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
perhaps they will add a charge also for the privilige of having a window seat or why not go the whole hog and charge people by the time they actually spend in the lavvy Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
He doesn't own the company, just the CEO.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
beequin wrote:
He doesn't own the company, just the CEO.

Sorry, I stand corrected.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
When they started charging for food and drink people started bringing their own, i suppose that this is the last think that they can charge their captive audience for. Wouldn't surprise me if RyanAir etc started weighing passengers at check-in and charging accordingly. Shocked

Didn't the job of air crew used to be a glamourous, aspirational job? Now it's down to the role of Flying Toilet Attendant. Embarassed
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DAB wrote:
perhaps they will add a charge also for the privilige of having a window seat or why not go the whole hog and charge people by the time they actually spend in the lavvy Shocked

Ha Ha now we are getting "very" close to the subject of what "type" of use you make of the facilities. Keeping away from that one
Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Richard_Sideways, and then EU brought in random 100ml liquids laws, and all the airlines went "yippee! now we can get away with charging 7GBP for a cup of dishwater - errm I mean tea/coffee"
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
He wasn't even smiling. My idea of a good joke though. Laughing

Unless it's the tip of an iceberg... charge people to discourage unnecessary toiletage. Phase out toilets on domestic flights to increase seat capacity. Then start strapping passengers in standing up to increase capacity. Then roll out across European flights... Yes it all makes perfect sense.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Wouldn't surprise me if RyanAir etc started weighing passengers at check-in and charging accordingly

Can't come soon enough. You can pay when you book for your total weight (passenger and baggage) and pay a surcharge on check in if you're heavier. It's ludicrously unfair to charge a skinny 3 year old the same as a great lardy bloke.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, Agreed. That's been one of my pet peeves for years Mad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Can we start the puns now?

I for one hope that passengers pooh-pooh the idea and that RyanAir don't follow through with this...

... sorry everyone i just couldn't stop myself... Blush
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

I'm sorry to lower the tone of this forum with toilet based topics

You don't spend much time here do you wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, Schuss in Boots, and by the same rational you would charge a wheelchair user extra? Who would you want opening your emergency over-wing exit...me or some anorexic bird?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
IIRC the airships in the inter-war era used to charge you by your own weight.
ski holidays
Boris wrote:
Quote:

I'm sorry to lower the tone of this forum with toilet based topics

You don't spend much time here do you wink

No, this bit of the year I ski most of time, got a week off now so I'm home. Back to the alps next week.
But, I am waiting to see a scale of charges from someone

£0.50 =
£0.75 =
£1.00 =
ect
ski holidays
Toilet charges: Thats just takin the wee wee. NehNeh
Must reduce fibre intake before flying. (Or increase it and get my moneys worth, unless I'm charged by weight for that too Twisted Evil )
latest report
Quote:

you would charge a wheelchair user extra?

The cost of air travel is directly related to weight carried. Yes, I would argue it is entirely rational for a commercial airline to charge for weight carried. If the wheelchair user is somebody who cannot afford to pay the cost, and needs to be subsidised then, as a taxpayer, I would argue that this is a job for the taxpayer. You don't get free or subsidised service for, for example, having a new wheelchair delivered by a courier service. It seems absurd to argue that commercial providers of service should make differential charges depending on some perception of how "deserving" or "needy" the recipient of that service is.

Cabin attendants, or the people who open emergency over-wing exits clearly need to be strong enough to do the job. I'm not too sure what the rationale of that question is. Neither my "skinny toddler" nor a wheelchair user should be seated in that aisle.
snow report
Another thing Ryanair should charge for is viewing Irish clowns on TV. 'Clown TV', on subscription.
ski holidays
Most airlines I've been on where the emergency exit is in a passenger row rather than "communal" area, insist that only fit, healthy adults are seated in those rows. When I commuted KLM from Hamsterjam to Turin, this was certainly the case, and even got individual safety announcement.
Dunno how that works on free for all "bundle" on to the plane airlines, other than if you're good at rugby then you'll get there first Wink Meanwhile, all the other cattle will be fighting over row 1.
snow report
Wayne, it wasn't a serious question - more a joke about I wouldn't worry about lowering the tone of the forum
snow report
pam w, I didn't mention "skinny toddler"

One has to be over 14 to sit in an emergency exit seat. No use having someone in the chair that is too weak to open a boxed sandwich.

Your suggestion would discriminate against the disabled and against the male of the species... and as for means testing Shocked
snow conditions
so they make money out of paying people to use the toliet.
Can I ask how much a clean up of the main cabin will cost if some one refuses to pay and does it in thier seat/gantry/asle?
A hell of a lot more in lost time for that plane.

He needs to think about this alot, drunk males will wee wee up anything.
snow conditions
Quote:

He needs to think about this alot, drunk males will wee wee up anything.

As will little children who, in the early stages post nappies, have about a 5-second window between saying I need the loo and going

Perhaps there is a market here selling adult nappies at departure gates Puzzled
ski holidays
Another thought

Is the entry chargeable per person or per visit. What if you have only £1 between 4 of you OMG

And another
Will the waitresses (sorry, airline safety technicians) be listening at the door and will there be a supplementary charge if they hear - - - - no sorry going to stop this post right here and now Shocked
latest report
pam w,
It is time to end the charge passenger by weight debate.
The cost of air travel is not directly related to weight carried. The marginal cost of a heavier passenger is a fraction of the general cost (admin, insurance, etc. being the same for any size).
Furthermore, it is just not fair to charge someone 180 cm tall more than someone 120 cm. They can hardly chop off their legs!

P.S. andy, it was not the EU which brought in the 100ml laws.
snow report
I almost pi$$ed myself laughing when i read this. but i didn't have a pound rolling eyes ...
ski holidays
DrE wrote:
I almost pi$$ed myself laughing when i read this. but i didn't have a pound rolling eyes ...

That would not have cost you a whole pound, I think there will be a discount for liquid deposits.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Your suggestion would discriminate against the disabled and against the male of the species... and as for means testing

Sorry, I don't think I explained myself clearly. People with disabilities are very likely to need financial help with all kinds of needs (not just air travel) and I certainly think they should get it. I think you'll find that there's already a huge amount of means testing of the help given to people with disabilities. As a taxpayer, I am horrified that parents of children with profound disabilities don't get more help than they do - for example with respite car and for that reason I donate regularly to several charities to help with disability and have done voluntary work in a Cheshire Home. But I don't think that commercial firms should be expected to subsidise them. Does yours?

It was my skinny toddler - I'm currently looking at booking flights for my grandchildren. One of them is really titchy - costs the same for a ticket for him as for a 16 stone guy.

Discriminating against men? I don't think so; you pay for what you take on the plane, and how much fuel you consequently use. Seems reasonable. Men always argue that women take far too much baggage anyway, so that will even things up. wink

Toilet charges on planes are indeed absurd. How much to join the Mile High Club?
snow report
pam w wrote:
How much to join the Mile High Club?

£55 per annum, including reps
snow report
pam w wrote:
How much to join the Mile High Club?

£1 if you use the toilet ??

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 27-02-09 12:06; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
In fact, charging everyone the same discriminates against small people - who have to subsidise the large ones by paying far more more kilo.
ski holidays
Quote:

It was my skinny toddler - I'm currently looking at booking flights for my grandchildren. One of them is really titchy - costs the same for a ticket for him as for a 16 stone guy.

He still takes up one seat and that is the commodity being rationed. Tax discretionary items such as baggage by weight by all means, but not people.
ski holidays
pam w,

On one hand you're suggesting to make a disabled person pay a "price" for being disabled, which is clearly not right, so you're hinting at tax payers money to subsidise the difference..

Why should people that never use planes subsidise the trips of others that do. The "fairest" way to do this, is by having fellow planes users subsidise each other, and effectively this is the case now...

Also the cost of ANY travel is ultimately weight related, so to follow your logic to its extreme, e.g. trains trips costs should also have an item for weight carried, including the passsenger's own eight, or the Car tax should be based on your car's emissions and the registered/insured drivers weight because clearly the car will use more fuel and emits more the heavier the passengers.

Then everybody looses weight and the world is a fun place to be in... rolling eyes
snow report
beequin, there's a seat component and a weight component in the costs, so there would be some rationale in pricing based on both.
snow report
there should be standing on planes at the back near the bar..
snow conditions
Kruisler, I think pam w is suggesting an overall "subsidy" or benefit to the disabled that they can spend in any way they wish.
snow conditions
Wayne wrote:
Another thought

Is the entry chargeable per person or per visit. What if you have only £1 between 4 of you OMG

And another
Will the waitresses (sorry, airline safety technicians) be listening at the door and will there be a supplementary charge if they hear - - - - no sorry going to stop this post right here and now Shocked

It will probably be charged No 1: per litre or No 2: weighed.
ski holidays
This is why I constantly have to have a sneaky peek on here. I constantly find posts drifting into areas I wouldn't expect. It's a bit like being inside Paul Mertons' brain! (I prefer Frankie Boyle though) Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I think the charge should be dumped.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy