Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Private Lessons - Expectations of Instructor Experience

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
lungostyle, I think we're in agreement with you that ski schools should charge different amounts for different levels of instructors. However, I don't think you'll get much agreement here with your comment:

Quote:

I have only problem with people teaching without finish all the level

Can you think of any other profession where you do not progress through different levels of skill and experience whilst working in that profession? I can't! Medicine for example - doctors start in a junior role straight out of uni. You could not expect someone to have the skill of a top consultant without many years experience working as a doctor.

Why should ski teaching be any different?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
maibe you see our job ....like just teach skiing to the people......and it is not......during the course I have all the responsability.......do you know that if during a lesson my client loose the control and kill a child it is me who is get in a court....and not the clients????do you know that everi thing happen to a child is completely my responsability.......do you know that for the law you don't need an insurance cause wich one of the instuctor cover everrithing can happen........I have friends...that they loose the clients......mneans the clients die.......and for the system we have (and here everibodi like????) the lower level they can teach just lower level customers......like childreen.......and that it is completely wrong.......you give your sun to someone who have less experience.....i apologize but me I give the best instructor I have for kids ....and the worst for adults........and not the opposite.......

and aniway why is not the same in evericountry........why after 14 years of race....I don't pass my test immediately???? and why I have to wait the end of my qualification so 2 years.....and I cannot teach before also in italy???? ?why you cannot agree also on the fact that the system can be improved......
and aniway if someone have an accident with stagiaire.....don't complained ....you love the system.......is like the italian.....we love berlusconi.......why complain about mafia?????
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lungostyle, I think you may have misunderstood eng_ch. She was not calling you a chicken. We have a saying "chicken and egg" - it is based on the philosphy problem of how can you get a chicken without it hatching from an egg, and how can you have an egg without a chicken to lay it. In this case, the experience was the egg and the teaching the chicken - i.e. how can you get the experience to be a good teacher without being allowed to teach before being experienced.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hurtle, I had the bright idea of checking the glossary of ski terms - I don't know what other qualifications might be listed there, but all the BASI ones are there Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ah......sorry for the misuderstandings.......I was not knowing the things........that make sense......sorrrrry again!!!!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lungostyle, My question to you about Italian off piste training was just that.......a question! I was interested in your system, not making a negative comment on the Italian qualifications. Sorry but I dont understand your response?

PSG
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Teaching is a problem of people, not a problem of diploma. Each country has his own system, a different approach. I love the canadian system because skiing and teaching is a passion. If you want a very good ski instructor choice a CSIA level 3 or level 4. I'm a french ski instructor (national), freestyle coach, ... and canadian level 3. I was in Tremblant last week for a canadian level 4 course so I know the both systems really well. It's difficult to find a very good ski instructor. If the main think is to share his passion it's perfect, if the most important is earning his living it's a disaster. About the langage the problem is the same either you love people, your clients or you only love you and you are concentred on you not on your clients needs. Well good luck!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sorry gilleski.......if yiou read every post ....maibe you can understand.......cause was just finished a long poolemic on different position .....
so there is no problem at all.....so when I pass me was in this way.....sorry again.....bye
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lungostyle, but have you answered gilleski,'s question? I don't think so.

snowarea, What you say is true, but it's not only a french problem is it? Many of the younger instructors I know are frustrated because the ski school system doesn't allow them to teach properly - no-one can really teach a group of 12 (or more I've seen this week). At least here in france we have the possibility to work independently like myself and lungostyle - in Canada and the states I don't think it's possible is it?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski.....I answer to gilleski.....but was in the previous page........this post is becoming very very long......eheheheheh
at the time was 3 weeks of avalanche course orientation climbing (easy things) and the best was 2 hours and more under avalanche.....waiting a dog.....nice experience believe me.....but was in 1992.....i think can change......but it is not necessary in italy cause the simple instructor cannot bring people off piste.....we need to be guida alpina....for that......so i WAS YTHINKING THAT ALSO IF 3 WEEKS ARE NOT A LOT......WE DON'T NEED .....We cannot....(sorri for capital letter......was not intentional)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski, Of course it's not a french problem. In the past (1977-1979) I have been teaching big groups (32 kids max., 24 adults) and now it's getting better. I've been working with differents ski schools, some are serious (if it's written 8 on their brochure, it's respected like New Generation) other not at all (10 will be 1Cool.
That's also because I'm working from now as an independent ski instructor. You can make a good quality of teaching with 3, 5 people maximum because each client is different each people has his own timing and often after 2 or 3 days it's getting bad with a group lesson. The expectations are different, the ski level is quite similar, some are practicing after the lessons some not.
Teaching is a real job, teaching is not only skiing, of course you are making some demonstrations. You can learn by yourself and that's long or as in Canada the CSIA level 3 or 4 are coaching the CSIA level 1 & 2. So You explain what and why you are doing this drill or you choice this run, why you stop there, ... it's pedagogy.
Working as an independent instructor in Canada or USA is possible but it's very very expensive. It's only a problem of insurance and that's because lift pass an ski lessons are more expensive than hier in Europe.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowarea, It sounds as though you work very similarly to me and also to Fastman. Good for you. I do max 4, and here in LDA we have lift priority with max 4 clients. All the big groups have to wait in line.. All the schools and independents have the same privilege as the ESF. Very Happy Very Happy If you're over here say hello. Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Update on the original post (anyone remember that?). I thought Jack was spot on. Probably suited my daughter more than me, but I'm struggling now to keep up anyway Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lungostyle,

Siete un maestro di sci Italiano vero ? Perché non lavorare in Italia ? and while we are on the subject of working in other languages non ci è differenza fra i qualificazioni di sci (maestri) inglesi oe italian, Insegno agli italiani ma otterranno normalmente il migliore instrcution da un italiano and its the same when they teach people from the UK which is why UK clients prefer British (1st language) teachers.

QED
(quod erat demonstrandum)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy