Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Private Lessons - Expectations of Instructor Experience

Poster: A snowHead
I've booked 6 hours of private lessons with an English Ski School in Zermatt for my half term trip. As you can imagine this in not coming cheap at all. This is for my daughter and me who have skied 8 and 12 weeks respectively and have had several lessons with easiski so we know what a good instructor looks like. We're looking for bumps plus general technique and possibly some off piste to build on last years introduction. I'm currently in discussion with the school and advising them that I expect one of their more experienced instructors, ISIA at least. I know half term is busy for them but do you think this is an unreasonable request (well more of a demand really)? BTW without snowHead I wouldn't have had a clue about ISIA, ISTD, etc
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No, I don't think that is unreasonable at all. If they can't guarantee that try a different ski school.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not an unreasonable demand at all from somebody who has booked 6 hours of privates with them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, beat me to it! Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys I'll see what their response is. I don't think re-booking elsewhere would be that easy that week.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Colin B, Perfectly reasonable Colin, for privates you should be able to choose the instructor anyway, but if you don't know who to ask for you're quite right to insist on at least ISIA. If going off piste be sure to check that they've done their off piste mountain safety module too.

thanks for the kind words, and make sure I don't have to undo anything at easter!!!! wink wink wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

thanks for the kind words, and make sure I don't have to undo anything at easter!!!!

that is too painful to contemplate wink Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
isia don't mean nothing........ist less......if the instructor is good is not surely cause he is an isia instructor......
in fact you have lessons with easy ski.....she 's good.....but don't depend from her examination......when she become instructor the examination was different than now......
the only things I cannot understand is why take always a british school.......
have you got snow in england??? if I have to lear scuba diving......I don't ask to someone coming from sahara desert???? I prefere ask to someone who live on the sea......maybe I 'm wrong.....but look like "BRITISH JOB TO BRITISH WORKERS"......
SLOGAN VERY FAMOUS IN THIS PERIODE.......immagine the french do the same with foreign workers like you are doing in your country......me I can go back to italy to work......but all the british in france......what do you think they can go to work?????
STOP RAZZISM AGAINST THE ITALIAN PLEASE.......THE ECONOMICAL CRISE CANNOT BE A GOOD REASON FOR STAR A WAR WITH US.........

sorry easyski.....but for go off piste pleas don't take an idiot........is not enough the module off piste of basi.........you need experience........ask for a french instructor.....or a british who live in the resort from several years ......who know the mountain.........and not for a british who ski everyweek with his family and one day decide to become instructor.......off piste mean danger.........remember that in england there are not avalanche.....and snow in general........so bring a local.......
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lungostyle, Many people think it is much better to be taught in their native language. Nothing to do with a trade war, just trying to get the best interaction between teacher and learner. I have done the same for a number of years and have had top quality instruction on every occasion.

I agree that qualifications alone will not guarantee a good teacher, but when you don't have a personal recommendation asking for a particular level of qualification is better than taking pot luck as to who you will end up with. I've been "taught" by fully qualified local instructors (working for ESF) who were quite simply rubbish. That's the kind of situation I think Colin B is trying to avoid and I say good on him for taking steps to make sure he gets a good teacher.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Do I get the impression that someone touched a raw nerve with lungostyle, ?

Laughing Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
lungostyle, I've skied with English, Canadian and French instructors. I do however find that my style of learning is helped by having a native or really fluent English speaker who can explain in detail what I need to do with my body.

I've nothing against Italian, French or Swiss instructors (or anything else at all about those countries) at all. I will however use a ski school which guarantees me that fluency in English. The English of one of the French instructors I had was very poor (I had to speak to him in French a fair bit) but the one my daughter had with the ESF in Les Deux Alpes spoke English excellenty despite having an English/French Etoile D'Or class which must have been very difficult for him having to repeat everything in 2 languages. It's a bit of a lottery though.

I agree that that the qualification isn't everything but insisting on an ISIA probably guarantees that the instructor will have far more experience than otherwise.

See you in Les Deux Alpes at Easter Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The school has agreed with me on this, in fact I think it was always going to be the case, a little wrong information from them misled me. Better to be sure now though rather than disappointed on arrival.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Colin ,

If you get Rudi... you'll have a lot of fun off-piste. I met him on an off-piste day arranged by the ski-school there and he skis great..
Just following him is an education...which to my mind is all I would ask for.

Hope it goes well
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lungostyle, Note, that colin is not going either to Italy of France but to Switzerland where their official progression includes shoulder rotation to initiate the turn and throughout the turn. Therefore, regardless of language considerations he will be far better off with the British ski school, who presumably will not teach this undesirable technique. Shocked As I know Colin and his daughter my comment about the off piste course is fair because they're not going to want to do major steep and deep. Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
easiski, I'm not sure the shoulder rotation nonsense is Switzerland wide. Was told as close as Gstaad (from Wengen point of view) things were very different...
latest report
lungostyle,

While some pupils are obviously happiest to watch and mimic, I need explanations, conceptualisations and analogies. This means that generally I do best with someone who speaks very good if not excellent English, so easiest for me to use a native English speaker (Brit, Aussie, Kiwi, Canadian, US etc) unless I'm recommended a native Alpine instructor whose English falls into this category (and some very much do). Only if this is not reasonably conveniently available will I settle for someone whose English isn't up to that mark and accept a more veterinary form of instruction. If my experience of native Alpine instructors was that generally their English was good enough to do the job, I wouldn't need to include this condition in my choices, and wouldn't care if they were native English or not. It is not about racism and it is about competence.

ISIA guarantees a minimum standard of skiing, knowledge and teaching experience. It's a very sensible and worthwhile thing to request, if you feel you need it, when having lessons pretty much anywhere other than France as otherwise you could end up with someone unqualified or barely qualified (I don't know about Italy, but this is certainly true in Austria, Canada, some Scandinavian nations, Switzerland, USA etc). Doesn't guarantee a good instructor but definitely improves the chances!

I'd imagine that most British instructors in France spend every winter season there. I don't see them as being inferior to the average French instructor in any way. It doesn't matter if an instructor starts out as a once a year holiday skier. If they gain the knowledge, skills and experience to enable them to be certified to instruct off piste, then it is officially recognised that they are qualified and competent to do that. I know your concern but I doubt if the average transient instructor who flies into Aosta for one or two weeks at a time takes pupils off piste.
ski holidays
slikedges wrote:
I'd imagine that most British instructors in France spend every winter season there. I don't see them as being inferior to the average French instructor in any way. I

Well said. That's my experience, and in some cases the Brit instructor is considerably better (both as a teacher and as a skier) than some of the locals who have been teaching the same things, in the same ways, for the last 30 years.
latest report
eheheheh we are not talking about the same thing......ISIA don't garantee nothing at all till in everycountry we don't use the same examination.......till we make basi instrtuctor asking them if they are able to put the skis on ......and in the other country umbelieveble examination to do........what I ' m talking about is:
for more than 10 year they explain to me that we have to accept the lower level of the british sistem......cause we are on europe and in europe there is the freedom of the change of the workers......so like my italian laurea have a validity in england also if maibe it is less difficult pass the italian university......so me for more than 10 year i accept to be paid less than people who cannot stand on their ski and I accept to change completely (sometimes happen!!!) the way to ski of the people cause a british instructor tell them wrongs thing......AND NOW I READ ABOUT YOU DON'T WANT ITALIAN WORKER IN YOUR COUNTRY.........now do you understand what I mean???? is it possible that ????
I'm married with an english......and I know her tipical way to be......she have only english friends.....like all the english living here.....they make team beetwin them ......and we cannot say that it is just cause we prefere have someone who speak fluently english......IT IS NOT ONLY THAT.......ENGLISH LIKE STAY WITH ENGLISH......WHY FOR EXAMPLE HERE IT IS FULL OF BRITISH PUB.......AND NONE FRENCH???? BECAUSE NOBODY GOES IN THE FRENCH ONE.......WHY THE WORST PEOPLE SPEAKING FOREIGN LANGUAGES ARE THE BRITISH???( OK YOU SPEAK ENGLISH THAT IS THE MOST POPULAR LANGUAGE IN THE PLANETE......BUT......) WHY ALL THE PLANETE USE METER LITER KILOS AND ETC ETC AND BRITISH THEY HAVE THEIR DIFFERENT WAY??? WHY IN THE PLANETE EVERY CAR IS PRODUCED WITH THE DRIVE ON THE LEFT AND WE SPEND A LOT OF MONEY FOR ADAPT THAT TO THE BRITISH MARKET...........AND MOST IMPORTANT WHY YOU ARE HALF IN EUROPE AND HALF NOT......TO EASY STAY OUT FROM EUROS.......( NOW YOU ARE SEEING THE CONSEQUENCE!!!!!!)......YOU ENYOJ COME IN ITALY FRANCE SPAIN WITH YOUR WONDERFULL POUNDS AND BUY HOUSE, CASTLE ....AND ISLAND AT THE PRICE OF A PARKING SPACE IN LONDON.......AND US LIKE IDIOTS TO DON'T PROTECT OUR COUNTRY FROM THAT.......BUT THE POLITICIAN WERE SAYING US "N WE CANNOT DO NOTHING IT IS THE EUROPE".......and now that you become poor people you don't accept what us we have to accept before you........TRY TO EXPLAIN ME THAT......
CONCERNING THE TUITION IN YOUR MOTHER LANGUAGE.......WHY ITALIN RIGBY TEAM IS TRINED NOT FORM AN ITALIN BUT FROM AN OZI???? MAIBE CAUSE WE ARE NOT CAPABLE AT ALL TO PLAY RUGBY.....AND IF WE WANT IMPROVE WE TAKE SOMEONE WHO DON'T SPEAK ITAQLIAN BUT KNOW THE JOB.........OR IF AN ITALIAN TRAIN YOUR NATIONAL TEAM OF KRICKET.....THE PROBLEM IT IS NOT THAT HE DON'T SPEAK PERFECT ENGLISH.......BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT HE HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT WHAT HE IS DOING......LIKE THE MOST PART OF THE BRITISH ISTRUCTOR......BUT i AGREE WITH THE FACT THAT THEY CAN BE VERY GOOD TALKING....EXPLAINING......BUT THEY ARE REPEATING A BOOK......THAT 'S ALL......
EASYSKI......OFF PISTE DYE A LOT OF PEOPLE......AND ALWAYS START WITH UNDERVALUETING THINGS........SORRY BUT OFF PISTE WE DON'T JOKE .....ALSO ON A GREEN RUN.......IN POWDER NO RISK.......INDEPENDET FROM BIG CLIFF OR NOT.......AND i WILL NEVER GIVE MY SON TO A BRITISH INSTRUCTOR WITH NO EXPERIENCE ......SO THE MODULE YOU ARE TALKING IS WICH ONE JONATHAN JUST PASS..(RIDICOLOUS!!!!)....AND HE EXPLAIN ME.....PLEASEWE DON'T JOKE WITH THAT
ski holidays
ABOUT THE SHOULDER ROTATION OF SWISSE.....i DON'T KNOW THAT ME ......WAS YOU TO TELL ME.....IF SOMEONE COME HERE AND TRY TO TELL SOMETHING LIKE THAT DON'T WORRY THAT i CHANGE QUICKLY HIS IDEA.....WITH THE FACT......IF IT IS THAT IN THE RACE THE SHOUDER FOLLOW THE DIRECTION OF THE SKIIS.....AND NOT WATC TO THE VALLEY.....I AGREE WITH THEM.......FOR EXAMPLE A LOT OF JEREMY INSTRUCTOR TEACH TO WACT TO THE VALLEY......AND THAT WAS CORRECT 20 YEARS AGO.....NOW IT IS NOT ANIMORE WITH CARVING SKIS......SO THINGS CHANCE.....MAIBE YOU UNDERSTAND BADLY THEIR ROTATION.....i DON'T KNOW.....
FOR BMF SKIERS......NOBODY TOUCH ANY NERVE.....I' M JUST A MOUNTAIN MAN....NOT DIPLOMATIC....I SAY WHAT I THINK......WITHOUT HIDE NOTHING.......SOMETIME IT IS RUDE......BUT IT IS ALSO THE TRUE.....OR BETTER MY TRUE....AND I LOVE POLEMIC....MORE WE DISCUSS MORE WE GROUN UP......
ski holidays
COLIN......SORRY .....YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!! I SEE IN YOUR PHOTO THAT YOU'VE BEEN IN FOPPOLO........I WAS BORN THERE.......THANKS TO MAKE ME REMEMBER THE NICE TIME I'VE SPENT IN FOPPOLO...........HORRIBLE SKI RESORT........BUT HOME SWEET HOME........NICE FOOD.......MY LANGUAGE.......MY SLANG.....MY FRIENDS.......FANTASTIC......
ski holidays
lungostyle, I had a very pleasant few days in Foppolo last February. It was good to see all the local children racing on Sunday morning and I even tried the GS course too. Very nice people too at the Hotel des Alpes.
ski holidays
lungostyle, why such a problem with British instructors? May I ask you to describe a little more the type of British instructor (obviously not naming individuals) you have come across who has made you so upset? Why are you so convinced that British instructors have no idea what they are doing?

Also,

1) do you think that all ski instructors should have
a) done some club racing
b) raced at FIS
c) raced at Europa

2) do you think that newly qualified British ISTDs (with Eurotest pass and full French equivalence) are not good enough skiers?
3) do you think that newly qualified British ISTDs (with Eurotest pass and full French equivalence) are not good enough instructors?
4) or is your problem more with part-qualified instructors (3 weeks doing courses plus experience as a holiday skier to get a BASI Level 2 that lets you teach 2 weeks with Interski in Italy, as well as for as long as you want in EU Austria and non-EU Switzerland)?
5) do you know the minimum standard required to qualify as a non-time limited working ski instructor in the Alpine nation of Austria?

BTW I must admit to being pretty ignorant of the Italian system. Is it kind of like the French system, where there's only one level of non-time limited working ski instructor (Maestro?)?

Your analogy of rugby team trainer is not comparable because a head coach can train by using an interpreter to communicate with a coaching team who speak the required language to deliver the material to the players. Anyway, ski instruction is a client led service industry. I pay for what I want and I expect to get it. Besides, at the level most British holiday skiers ski at, I think good communication of simple and basic good technique is more important than being a great skier.
snow report
Quote:
WHY ITALIN RIGBY TEAM IS TRINED NOT FORM AN ITALIN BUT FROM AN OZI????

He's South African actually. We were at the same college (in England). He messed up big-time yesterday!
snow conditions
i HAVE A PROBLEM LIKE EVERIBODI WITH THE NUMBER 4.......i DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE PRICE OF THE LESSONS IS THE SAME AND YOU CAN HAVE WITHOUT KNOW A PART QUALIFIED INSTRICTOR......FOR ME OR WE TELL THAT TO THE CLIENT WHO BOOK THE LESSONS.....OR IF NOT WE ARE STEALING MONEY TO THE CLIENTS.......THE CLIENTS HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW THAT THE INSTRUCTOR IS NOT FULL QUALIFIED.......
i HAVE NO PROBLEM AT ALL ....AND i WORK WITH THEM ......WHEN THEY ARE FULL QUALIFIED.....
NOW I KNOW WHAT MEAN ISTD.......BUT THE EUROTEST IS SOMETHING CONCRETE......BUT THE EQUIVALANCE THAT FRANCE GIVE YOU IS A POLITICAL THING.......WHY THE SNOWBOARD INSTRUCTOR FROM ITALY THEY AHVE NOT THE EQUIVALANCE......POLITICAL REASON.......BUT ME I'M A MOUNTAIN FELLER AND I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT HAPPEN IN THE ENGLISH OR ITALIAN PARLAMENT.......FOR ME THE POLITICIAN ARE ALL MAFIA PEOPLE......WITH NO DISTINCION......
AUSTRIA HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM THE PART QUALIFIED INSTRUCTOR.....WHO ARE THE PROBLEM IN OUR WORLD......
YOU ARE RIGHT YOU PAY AND YOU CHOOSE.......BUT I DON'T AGREE ABOUT GOOD COMUNICATION IS ENOUGH......YOU OPAY A LOT OF MONEY AND SO YOU WANT THE BEST......AND THE BEST IS SOMEONE WHO IS A GREAT SKIER AND WHO SPEAK A GOOD ENGLISH.....MAIBE WITH STRONG FRENCH ACCENT......CAUSE YOU ARE IN FRANCE........
THE EXAMPLE WITH THE TRAINER OF RUGBY IS PERFECT......A PART THE LANGUAGE YOU DON'T TAKE A TRAINER FROM A COUNTRY WHERE THAT SPORT IS IN THE BEGINNING

AND THE FACT IS NOT THAT MAKE ME UPSET......IT IS JUST THAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY.......FOR YOUR SON AT SCHOOL TEACHING HIM MATHEMATICS YOU WILL ACCEPT A NOT FULL QUALIFIED TEACHER OR SOMEONE WHO KNOWS MATH A LITTLE BIT BETTER THAN YOUR SON?????
AND A FELLER WHO HAVE LIKE YOU SAY FEW WEEKS OF EXPERIENCE AND YOU GIVE HIM A GROUP OF 10 CHILD DURING HALF TERM PERIODE......TRUST ME ....."HE HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT WHAT HE IS DOIING....."BECAUSE HE NEDD MORE TIME FOR KNOW EVRI DANGER ABOUT BUSY PISTE.....BUT ALSO HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT WICH EXERCISE PROPOSE TO THE CLIENT FOR HELP HIM TO IMPROVE.......ONLY AFTER A LOT OF EXPERIENCE HE CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT THE CLIENT NEED FRO IMPROVE.......

YOUR IDEA ABOUT INSTRUCTOR IS A GUIDE WHO SKI WITH YOU....BUT THOSE WE CALL "ACCOMPAGNATORI".....IT IS LIKE A BABY SITTER.......YOU DON'T WANT THAT THE BABYSITTER TEACH MATH TO YOUR SON.......HE IS JUST THERE TO WATC THE SECURITY OF YOUR SON......THE SAME ARE THE PART TIME INSTRUCTOR.....
I NEVER SAY NOTHING AGAINST THE FULL QUALIFIED INSTRUCTOR.......
snow report
THE ITALIAN SYSTEM IT IS ALMOST THE SAME3.....A PART THAT THE EUROTEST IS IN THE BEGGINING....BUT IS NOT IMPORTANT....YOU PASS YOU CAN PARTICIPATE TO THE RAEAL SELECTION THE DAY AFTER.......BUT IT IS NOT THAT THE POINT........THE POINT IS THAT YOU CAN TEACH ONLY WHEN YOU ARE FULL WUALIFIED.......SO ONLY AFTER PASS EVERY EXAMINATION........NOT ONLY SNOUPLOUGH..........( 3 WEEKS FOR BASI 2
LIKE 3 DAYS AGO MY BROTHER IN LAW PHONE ME FOR A SUGGESTION FOR CORRECT ONE OF HIS CLIENT.......AND THAT FOR ME DEPEND ONLY FROM HIS LITTLE EXPERIENCE........)
snow conditions
lungostyle, so why are you criticising BASI as "crap"? A BASI qualified instructor (whether that be with full ISTD or one of the lower qualifications) works to the same rules as instructors with qualifications from other national systems. Surely it is not BASI that you have a problems, but the local authorities in France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, etc?

It's a shame that you don't ever criticise some of your fully qualified instructor colleagues. Some of the so-called teaching I had from ESF was so poor that it stopped me taking any instruction for about 10 years. It was only when I discovered how good fully qualified British instructors were that I returned to ski school and rediscovered my passion for skiing.
ski holidays
lungostyle wrote:
3 WEEKS FOR BASI 2

Wrong! It is three weeks of assessment. You have to ski to a certain standard before you get to the three week course otherwise you will not pass.
snow report
lungostyle, While your English is 100% better than my French, I think your articulation of the delicate English language amply demonstrates why some people prefer being instructed in their native language. Remember that English is the lingua-Franca.

AND PLEASE DON’T SHOUT ALL THE TIME!!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MY WONDERFULL RINGINGMASTER.....IT IS TRUE I MAKE A LOT OF MISTAKE IN ENGLISH......BUT THE MOST ARE CAUSE I'M WRITING VERY FAST.......ANIWAY YOU CAN CONSIDERATE THAT WRITE IT SIS MORE DIFFICULT THAN SPEAK......
AND YOU CAN ALSO THINK THAT I CAN WRITE THE SAME ANSWER IN 5 DIFFERENT LANGUAGE.....PROBABLY MAKING MORE MISTAKE.......BUT I'M ABLE TO COMUNICATE WITH ALL THE PLANETE.......AND NORMALLY I PREFERE THINK TO THE IDEA I WRITE THAN THE MISTAKE I CAN DO.....
IN FACT IT IS WHAT I TRY TO EXPLAIN....BUT HERE IT IS ENOUGH SAY SOMETHING VERSUS UK.....THAT YOU ARE ALL FRIENDS FOR KILL ME......NOBODY TRY TO UNDERSTAND THE POINT.......THE ITAQLIAN SYSTEM DON'T PRODUCE ANY STAGIARIES....SORRY.....BUT THE OTHER COUNTRY DO THAT....NOT US...
AND CONCERNING ESF.....THE 50% ARE NOT FULL QULIFIED....SO THEY HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.....

BUT WHY ANIONE ANSWER ME ON THE MAIN PROBLEM....."WHY ME I HAVE TO ACCEPT FOREIGN WORKERS FOR SO MANY YEARS.....AND UK REFUSE THE ITALIN AND POTUGHESE WORKERS??????? BECAUSE WAS THAT THE ORIGINAL QUESTION.......
YOU ARE WORRYED TO ADMIT THAT WHO WRITE ITALIANS GO HOME WAS WRONG?????
OR IT IS JUST THAT THE BRITISH ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE OTHER COUNTRY OF EUROPE????
ski holidays
lungostyle wrote:
BUT WHY ANIONE ANSWER ME ON THE MAIN PROBLEM....."WHY ME I HAVE TO ACCEPT FOREIGN WORKERS FOR SO MANY YEARS.....AND UK REFUSE THE ITALIN AND POTUGHESE WORKERS???????

We have not refused the Italian and Portuguese workers.
ski holidays
BUT ALL THE TELEVISION WAS FULL LAST WEEK ABOUT SIGN WITH WRITTEN ON "ITALIAN GO HOME"....OR " ""ITALIAN MAFIA...STAY HOME" OR " BRITISH JOB TO BRITISH WORKERS""
ARE YOU TERLLING ME THAT YOU DON'T SEE THIS RAZZISTIC IMMAGGINE......THERE WAS ALSO A GOOD HOURS ON BBC TALKING ABOUT THAT.......AND BELIEVE ME I WAS ASKING THE DIVORCE TO MY ENGLISH WIFE.....
BUT THE WRITTEN AGAIST US WAS VERY CLEAR..........
snow conditions
lungostyle,

??????
ski holidays
lungostyle, they're still here. Some people are upset, but that's their problem, because the foreigners are working legally.
latest report
lungostyle, we haven't - and if your local press says that - you have been misinformed. There have been questions raised however about why some subcontractors in the UK refused to even consider employing British workers - and seemed to show preference for Italians...

Now be a good chap and turn your Caps lock off. Your "shouting", misinterpretation of the news and slagging of British Instructors does not advance your argument.
snow report
lungostyle, so do I understand then that you have no problem with BASI ISTD instructors or their skiing, just those like your brother-in-law who are only part qualified, whatever their nationality?
snow conditions
Thought the problem was that English workers were not allowed to apply for these jobs. i.e they didn't have an equal chance of getting one of these jobs.
ski holidays
yes but it is dangerous.....if we begin with protectionism.....the italin go home ....the british go home and also the other .......but you explain me why we made europe......was not fro change the workers?????

''''''???????? the question mark......mean that you watch what i write or the mistake......????? normally it is more interesting the thing we say.......but you decide to umiliate me saying my english is not good ...also if it is better than your french......but was not important in what we was talking about......and so if you think in this way i tell you that you can ubnderstand.....if you want.....
and when you know just the lingua franca.....you can help who make an effort for write in your languafge.....expecially if it is one of the 5 language i speak........a little bit of comprehension.......
latest report
lungostyle wrote:
yes but it is dangerous.....if we begin with protectionism

I think we all agree - but you have not given an example of British protectionism.
snow report
lungostyle, I think if there were lots of unemployed good local ski instructors in ski resorts in the respective Alp countries that they might resent the employment of British instuctors taking jobs that could be theirs. This is analogous to the current situation where the current employment of the skilled Italian workers has coincided with unemployed workers in the UK. Because of the recession, and I'm sure it is no different in your own country, many employers have gone out of business and the UK has many highly skilled workers that cannot find a job and risk losing their homes, understandably they would like to have had a chance to be employed in the jobs that have been filled by the foreign workers. I think although most people would like the chance for everyone regardless of their origin to find employment in times of hardship I think it is the natural order of things that people start to feel 'well why should we look after foreigners when we can't look after our own'. The counter argument is that from the perspective of the businesses concerned the foreign workers can probably do the contracts for less money because the cost of living in the country they are from is overall lower and they can be employed at what is a lower rate in the UK, but still represents a good income in their own country. So from a business perspective it may be cheaper to employ foreign labour (which I get the impression is what happened in this case - the contract was won by a lower bidding group probably due to their employment of non-UK based workforce.

It is not an outpouring of resentment in general against the needs of foreign workers to work which would exist at other times, but coinciding as it does with rising unemployment of skilled UK workers it is a bitter pill for those who are unemployed and possibly losing their homes to swallow. I'm sure you can understand that, and I would be surprised if the same thing didn't occur in other countries.

B.t.w your posts do look much much better with the caps lock turned off Cool

Also, for what its worth - I wouldn't even attempt to write anything in a non-native language let alone post it publically, I think you make yourself completely understood and that is what is important. Very Happy
snow report
I am not saying your English is not good. As I said earlier in the thread it is a lot better than my French. But I am saying that it would not be good enough to accurately communicate with me if I was paying you to teach me the nuances of some specialised process or technique. Advanced off-piste skiing technique for example.

Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy