Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Carve through the credit crunch" with BASI/ISIA instructor Kim George

Poster: A snowHead
Haven't a clue what he means (ski out of poverty?) but that slogan on a brand-new website for ski instructor Kim George caught my eye:

http://www.ski4real.com/about.html

Anyone skied with Kim George?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep - good tele coach.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anybody know how he manages to work in Italy/France with ISIA Tele qualification and what appears like old BASI 3 (new Level 2 ?) qualification ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stewart woodward, I wondered that.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stewart woodward, rob@rar, There isn't a ISTD Level for Telemark, so ISIA is the top qualification.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Spyderman, does that mean if he's teaching telemarking he could teach where he wanted, France for example?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Maybe he's Danish? Toofy Grin Could always shop him and see what happens, I suppose... Shocked wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
slikedges wrote:
Maybe he's Danish? Toofy Grin

That only exempts you from test technique.

Quote:
Could always shop him and see what happens, I suppose... Shocked wink

Could never do that.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stewart woodward wrote:
Could never do that.

Glad to hear it.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stewart woodward wrote:
slikedges wrote:
Maybe he's Danish? Toofy Grin

That only exempts you from test technique.

Puzzled
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar wrote:
Spyderman, does that mean if he's teaching telemarking he could teach where he wanted, France for example?

I suppose so. If there isn't ISTD available, I can't see how France can object. I assume he couldn't teach Alpine though.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stewart woodward, Why not? If you and I have to jump through the hoops why should less qualifieds get away with it???? AFAIK Telemark doesn't qualify as a separate sport any more than snowboarding does in France, however looking at the course calendar on the website he seems to be based in La Thuile so is not technically working in France is he? Confused
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wow. Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Is he OK if he's based in Spain?

[DG, old BASI 3, licence as unrefreshed as the Coire Cas T-bar]
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski,

According to his web site he also runs couses in Chamonix.

I do not wish to start a 'witch hunt' but i agree that Tele Mark is not a seperate sport.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
easiski wrote:
stewart woodward, Why not? If you and I have to jump through the hoops why should less qualifieds get away with it???? AFAIK Telemark doesn't qualify as a separate sport any more than snowboarding does in France, however looking at the course calendar on the website he seems to be based in La Thuile so is not technically working in France is he? Confused

There isn't an ISTD qualification in Snowboard, Nordic or Adaptive, just Ski Teacher ISIA. The guy has the highest qualification in his discipline, what's the problem? By the look of what he offers if there was an ISTD grade, he'd have it. Puzzled
snow conditions
it is the top .......
ski holidays
stewart woodward wrote:
easiski,

According to his web site he also runs couses in Chamonix.

I do not wish to start a 'witch hunt' but i agree that Tele Mark is not a seperate sport.

Not wishing to be seen to be slighting very experienced instructors here and no doubt this is technically true under French definitions, but is this not the root of the problem which has for a long time seen snowboard students poorly served by the ESF in particular? I would rather have telemark tuition from someone who long term has focused on it than an alpine ISTD with telemark 2nd discipline.

(Note however in the past season I have seen some very good ESF snowboard instructors in France and even saw a glimpse of the esteemed lungostyle in L2A)
ski holidays
fatbob, I agree absolutely, but the point is that until the rules are changed in France (which all the french instructors I know want) the position is not clear. The courses are marked as LaThuile/chamonix so I presume the base is in La Thuile and Cham is visited rather than the base being in chamonix. I don't personally have a problem with this particular guy, but you have to see that anyone who has bothered to do the whole caboodle can feel a little aggrieved when some seem to manage to by-pass it!
ski holidays
i think things may be changing soon...
ski holidays
I HOPE NOTHING CHANGE ...THEY ARE JUST NOW STARTING TO CHANGE IN BETTER ..ANIWAY CONCERNING ITALY YOU HAVE TO THINK THAT US WE HAVE NOT ISIA OR OTHER BULL poo-poo......WE HAVE SKI INSTRUCTOR, THAT ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THAN SNOWBOARD INSTRUCTOR AND TELEMARK INSTRUCTOR......AND EVERY CATEGORIE IS NOT MIXED WITH THE OTHER.......AND DOES'N T EXIST THE TEST TECNIQUE FOR TELEMARK......SO HE CAN TEACH IN ITALY CAUSE PROBABLY HE HAVE THE EQUIVALENT THAN THE TEST TECNIQUE FOR THE SKIERS......OR HE CAN TEACH LIKE EVERIBODY FOR MAX 2 WEEKS WITH HIS OWN CLIENTS.....
IN ITALY THERE ISN'T THE TEST TECNIQUE.....CAUSE DOESN'T EXIST THE POSITION OF STAGIAIRE.....OR YOU ARE FULL QULIFIED OR YOU CANNOT TEACH TO ANIONE......AND THAT I THINK IS THE BEST......CAUSE I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU HAVE TO PAY THE SAME FOR A FULL QUALIFIED OR SOMEONE WHO HAVE 2 WEEKS OF COURSE.......THAT IS NOT PROFESSIONAL......IT IS A MAFIA SYSTEM......AND I KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING
latest report
FATBOB......IN FRANCE DOESN'T EXIST THE "SNOWBOARD INSTRUCTOR"....EXIST JUST IN ENGLAND ITALY A SWITZERLAND......IN FRANCE THEY ARE SKI INSTRUCTOR AND FOR THE LAW THEY CAN TEACH SNOWBOARD......BUT IT IS JUST FROM 2 YEARS THAT DURING THE FORMATION THEY SPEND 2 WEEKS ON THE SNOWBOARD........I KNOW THAT CAUSE FOR 10 YEARS I WAS DIRECTOR OF A SNOWBOARD SCHOOL HERE IN LES 2 ALPES.......AND SOMETIMES A SELL LESSONS TO SOMEONE WHO WAS NOT ABLE AT ALL TO SURF......JUST A BIT BETTER THAN THE CLIENT......EHEHEHEHEHEH ALSO THAT IS A MAFIA SYSTEM.......
BUT ALSO IF THEY HAVE NOT SNOWBOARD EXAMINATION IN THEIR FORMATION THEY CAM BE VERY VERY GOOD.......LIKE IN THE ESF HERE THERE ARE 2 GUYS WHO WERE IN THE PAST WORL CHAMPHION OF SNOWBOARD.......JUST THEY HAVE NOT THE QUALIFICATION.......
IN FRANCE THE NAME IS "MONITEUR DE LA GLISSE"......SO PRATICALLY IF YOU PASS THE SKI YOU CAN TEACH EVERY DIFFERENT WAY TO SLIDE DOWN A MOUNTAIN....INCLUDING SLEDGING..........
ski holidays
lungostyle, so you think it's a good thing that in France to teach snowboarding you only have to be a ski instructor? It's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard, the two sports are completely different. It's like suggesting a tennis coach is qualified to teach badminton or squash because both sports happen to use raquets and a ball...
latest report
beanie1, No - he thinks the opposite.
snow conditions
I spent all my time trying to change that.....but like I try to explain everywhere there are things to change....and that one is one
there is a process that a german feller wins against esf for teaching with his german diploma .....and he win......but just after the french federation change a bit the law and now it is no possible animore......infact all the italian coming over in summer they are completely illegal.....but we are an illegal country.......so we have the abit to don't respect the rules......
ski holidays
easiski, lungostyle, ok we are of the same opinion then - i was referring to the rule about snowboard instructors having to be ski instructors in Franc when i said things might be changing soon.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy