Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Knauss banned from competition - out of Bormio World Championships

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Knauss Home PageAustrian Hans Knauss has been provisionally suspended from competition following the recent control during November in Lake Louise when he tested positive for nandrolone, according to his lawyer Christian Flick.

The positive A sample test result was confirmed by the B test findings, leaving Knauss, giant slalom silver medallist at the 2003 World Championships, now 33 years old, facing a possible two year suspension. If upheld by the sport's governing body it would likely spell the end of his career...

It has been suggested that the popular Austrian star, winner of seven World Cup races, bought nutritional supplements via the Internet. The Austrian national team management is looking into the possibility that they may have been contaminated.

More details on www.snowracers.net
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thats sad Sad its seems these days it is all too easy to inadvertently fall foul of the rules. Same as Alain Baxter!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think there's a big difference between buying nutritional supplements off the internet (which to me seems a pretty dumb thing to do) and buying an OTC medication which you have previously checked with your team's medical authority (which unfortunately had different active ingedients in the US compared to Europe). One case seems very unlucky, the other just plain stupid. Despite this I still feel very sorry for Knauss - I don't suppose for one moment he was trying to cheat.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar.org.uk, have to agree with that. It's common knowledge that it is risky to buy dubious "nutritional supplements" over the Net, people have been caught out by this before. If that really was the source of the raised nandroline level, for an elite sportsman to do this seems plain foolhardy. A highly popular guy in Austria, he must be devastated. But there's a big difference between this case and Baxter's. Baxter was not only subsequently cleared by the Tribunal of deliberate wrongdoing, but there were in fact two possible types of the drug contained in the nasal spray. Scientific evidence was provided that the one contained in Baxter's cold remedy could under no circumstances be performance enhancing, whereas the other version was. Unfortunately the IOC list simply did not distinguish between the two, and so they felt bound to uphold their decision to relieve Alain of his medal.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy