Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Murren-Schilthorn cablecar "closed until 12 March"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Murren-Birg-Schilthorn cablecar, famed for its appearance in the James Bond movie 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service', will be out of action until 12 March. Due to cable damage, all 4 cables that operate the system will be replaced, with their delivery due on 6 February

Photo: Piz Gloria revolving restaurant, on the Schilthorn, Blofeld's HQ in the Bond film...

An investigation is taking place into the problem, which is a very rare one. Murren, along with its sister resort Wengen across the valley, is one of the birthplaces of 20th century skiing and was the base of Sir Arnold Lunn who devised the rules and organisation of Alpine ski racing.

Murren lift passes are currently discounted by 30% in view of the situation.

Here is the official statement from Schilthornbahn AG.
Their website: www.schilthorn.ch
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks David for that. Its disappointing as I am there ( Grindelwald ) from 5th March to 12th March and hoped to at least travel up to the Schiltorn ( and then take a view as to whether to ski down the notorious black run Shocked ) but the dates mean I will miss that dubious pleasure Madeye-Smiley I did email the Murren tourist office a few days ago to see whether it can be opened sooner, but the press release in your link seems to be definitive Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's really bad luck. You could try a letter from James Bond, or maybe Q could devise something that would put you on top of the Schilthorn.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sad Sad just means that I have to go there again Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
likewise Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The "word on the street" is that 12th March is the date assuming all goes to plan and the weather is okay. I'm guessing that it is unlikely to proceed ahead of schedule. One of the cables is lying on the ground, the others are still strung.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy