Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ste Foy - weather????

Poster: A snowHead
Has been snowing HARD all day today! Absolutely no sign of the rain that was forecast at resort level either, it's all been big, fat flakes!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yeah the webcam shows it all Very Happy

http://www.webcam-ski.com/webcams/interfaces/stefoy/interface.php?pk_interface=64&m=images&r=vue&pk_img_vue=623

hubba hubba
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
STILL snowing! Just been down to Bourg Saint Maurice and it's falling as snow all the way down there.

Radio reckons 80cm of fresh by tonight - add that to the 50cm we got last weekend. Can you spell E - P - I - C ? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Blue skies today. The top lift opened around mid-day having been closed for the last 2 days due to very heavy snowfall. That is all. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
arrrived yesterday, lovely weather, piste is firm off piste has been well tracked, looks like a dumpage of fresh snow due in the next 48hrs
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Any news on conditions stevo, is it snowing yet Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just left today, light dusting overnight, pistes all supurb if a bit hard in places but not icy, off piste all tracked out and or crusty. looking like a dumpage due in 48hrs though.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cptsideways wrote:
Just left today, light dusting overnight, pistes all supurb if a bit hard in places but not icy, off piste all tracked out and or crusty. looking like a dumpage due in 48hrs though.

Thanks for the update, sounds great !!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Any updates Stevomcd ? 5 sleeps and then we're in Sainte Foy Happy

Si
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Si,

About 15-20cm of fresh on Saturday, on top of a base which was pretty crusty following strong winds last week. Light snow all day yesterday and probably still dusting today (not going up today, got a sore back!). The forecast for tomorrow looks.... interesting.... Toofy Grin

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Sainte-Foy/6day/mid

It's very cold at the moment, so the fresh stuff is very, very light. Yesterday it mostly still felt like you were riding the crust because it was so light you just went straight through it, but very nice in pockets.

Stevo
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the update Stevo Smile very much appreciated..

4 sleeps and counting Toofy Grin

Si
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Loads more fresh today, came with a lot of wind and a bit of a spike in temperatures (dropped back rapidly though) so we'll see what tomorrow brings. I suspect it may be quite good... Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
awesome Happy Thanks Stevo ....

2 sleeps to go....

Si
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the info Stevomcd, it appears that you are our only hope of relaying actual snowfalls and depths etc, as the Ste Foy website, seems to update once every millenia rolling eyes rolling eyes

They still have the last snow as 1st Feb, and depths as 95/140 as does the Ski club website, pretty sure its snowed a bit since then Razz

Oh and the darn webcams dont update either...............

Really do appreciate your reports, PS 24 sleeps for me lol. Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
try balcons de st foy do a google search.they have there own 360 webcam.plenty of snow by looks of it.we are driving out there on friday pm,and hopefully on the slopes for midday
ski holidays
Quote:

we are driving out there on friday pm,and hopefully on the slopes for midday

We are also driving out tomorrow and hoping to arrive in sainte foy around 11- 11.30 for an afternoon on the slopes......
only 1 more sleep to go....
latest report
Yeah, there's also a Sainte Foy in Quebec!

It has been "best ever" conditions here for the last few days. Tuesday's snowfall delivered in spades, way more than forecast, and it snowed through most of Wednesday and much of Thursday too. It's been utterly epic. Didn't get to ride much yesterday, but Wednesday was definitely in the top 10 days ever. Went up today, still plenty of fresh tracks to be had. We did the Petit Col and the Cross (hit a couloir on the Cross that I hadn't done before - nice to still be hitting new lines in my 2nd season in a "small" resort!). Cross was the best I've ever seen it. Big natural halfpipe below was ridiculous. Jumping off the lips into it was like splashing down into water!

Very cold too, so should stay good! For the brief spells I spent on the piste, conditions were superb. Real cranked-over carving conditions and super-fast.
ski holidays
Steveo please stop.it's not fair..and are you really full at half term?

Having said that conditions over here were pretty epic at the weekend
http://youtube.com/v/eD3GL22f8fE
ski holidays
Still space for Easter Dave!

Very Happy
latest report
Snowing again today/tonight. Looks like a fair bit more than the 2cm predicted.
snow report
Thanks for your updates over the past few months Stevo. We arrived home about 1am last night after leaving resort at 9:30am on Saturday morning (and surprisingly had a clear run through the valley all the way to the traffic light'd bridge before Moutiers, other than that it was clear sailing - the way in to the valley all the way from Chambery was knackered though !!).

Had an excellent week in Sainte Foy (again), perfect conditions, and even some fresh (2-3") on the Wednesday evening to enjoy.

Can't believe I have to wait another year to get a fix.... best be getting back to the dry slope and teaching again Happy

Si
ski holidays
N.Face Foglietta again today for the 2nd time in 3 days with great powder, with an added bonus of a skin back up to col d'argentiere + descent down under the Couloir Doudou (again in great powder..)...
Still stunning conditions.... boselecta!!!!
snow report
offpisteskiing, tallking to the guys in the bar tonight it sounds like you have had a good week. Sounds like you did a lot of skinning today but were rewarded with some good snow. I hope the snow they have promised comes soon so that the nearer stuff comes into condition again. If you ever fancy meeting up some time for a social ski over in Les Arcs drop me a PM. Always good to meet up with other snowheads, I normally trend to do all the harder stuff of the back of AG with local guys so it would be fun to do it with another expat some time.
ski holidays
offpisteskiing, did the Fog Tuesday and Thursday last week!

Tuesday was a 'mare, worst white-out I've ever experienced off-piste, felt very dangerous even though I know the face pretty well. Thursday was great!

Precipitating hard today, mix of rain/snow at resort level. Forecast to cool down and dump big time in the next few days.
snow conditions
Thanks for the update Stevomcd, be great if you could keep them coming this week, see how it's shaping up, due out on Saturday.
latest report
Dumped last night, 10cm+ in the resort and still snowing hard. Going up now to check out the mountain!
snow conditions
Still hasn't stopped snowing! That makes 48hrs without a pause. Great up the hill today, 30+cm of fresh, all of last week's evil crust forgotten.
snow report
snowcrazy, Will do, but the number of free days between now & late April I can count on one hand...!!! Sad

stevomcd, Must have been interesting! Definitely potential for nastiness in a white-out...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
offpisteskiing, Aye, we were using the Force to get safely into the exit valley/couloirs. Ended up among the rock bands between the first and second valley, but figured it out and got out OK. Note to self: remember to put fresh batteries in the GPS!
ski holidays
Snowing hard AGAIN today. That makes only 1 day in the last week where it hasn't dumped. Awesome conditions today, hooning through the trees in deep freshies.
snow report
Update - getting ridiculous here, just keeps getting heavier. Has now snowed at least 20cm since the lifts closed this afternoon...
snow conditions
Epic (but bizarre) conditions yesterday. Total of nearly a metre of fresh, very deep, but quite heavy. Just straight-lining stuff all day long because it was the only way to keep enough speed up! Sun came out later on and we finally got on some steep stuff out by Crystal Dark. Awesome! Very heavy lower down though, finished the day with a Far-Crystal run all the way back to the chalet and it was deep, sticky porridge at the bottom.

Riding with guests at La Rosiere today (so on-piste), but I'm betting the off-piste was pretty sick at Sainte Foy with a bit of consolidation on it.
snow conditions
Went up on the skis today (figured it would be a bit firm for the board) and conditions were fantastic. Firm, perfectly groomed piste, softening up nicely in the morning sun. Hooning around on the skis, trying to carve. I suck at skiing... Embarassed

These are the conditions when Sainte Foy really shines - the lack of traffic means that we don't get the polished ice patches which appear in the busy resorts and the daily grooming means it's perfect every morning. Much snow for this week apparently... Toofy Grin
latest report
Was there with Hustler on Thurs 12th - the day you went to la rosiere (we went there friday)- still some great freshies around, we popped over the back as well and round to north, bit of hike at end to get back to carpark
a great resort will be back there sometime
had some awesome conditions at La Plagne on the Tues/Weds as well (9-10 march)
latest report
Yet another epic day here, this season just keeps on giving. Beautiful powder up top all morning, getting a little heavy lower down in the sunshine this afternoon.
snow conditions
Heavy snow again tonight - little bit of rain at resort level, but snowing by 6pm and should have been snow on the mountain all day. Can't wait to get up tomorrow!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy