Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ste Foy - weather????

Poster: A snowHead
Booked in for the 23rd Jan so trying to get excited - any one know what the weather is like and the snow????
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
flog873347, http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Sainte-Foy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm back out 22nd Jan , when I left on the 6th Jan all pistes were perfect but the off -piste was tracked and back country wind blown , however I don't see any change to piste as traffic in between will be low , as for off- piste keep fingers crossed it looks like a change is coming ,the high is moving and westerly fronts are arriving once Jan hits the 20's , lets just hope its cold and snow so we will have plenty of POWDER .

Joking aside I'm no weather expert but look at the " the return of the weather thead " on this site and you will be kept fully in touch .
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Since the big December dumps dried-up, we've only had two very small snow-falls (about 5cm each). The off-piste is pretty much hopeless. Wind blown and tracked-out. Did some hiking today and rode the couloir next to the Couloir Frank off the top of the Fogliettaz. I thought the snow was pretty good (on a board) but my mate on skis was hating it. It was untracked (we may even have been the first to ride this line this season). Looked down at the Fogliettaz route and it looked decent in places. Virtually no tracks.

The pistes, however, are in superb condition. It's been very cold so there's been very little freeze-thaw to ice things up. All the pistes are running hard and fast but nice and grippy. Skier heaven.

Snow on the horizon for the weekend, but that's a long way off yet in weather forecasting...

There were lots of people on the hill today. From our vantage-point at the top of the Fogliettaz, we must have been able to see at least 5 people on the pistes... Little Angel
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just back from Ste. Foy on Saturday. As stevomcd says pistes are in pretty good condition. But snowfall recently has been disappointing compared with Val d'Isere. Still good sport on-piste, especially on the red and black runs, which were almost deserted last week. Look out for the bottom of the (only) green run if you're with a beginner. It was treacherous after the snow cannon decided to spray the area with water! Sure it's better now though! Will try to post some pics and maybe a better report when I get the chance.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Can only echo the above - was also there last week, and the on-piste conditions were great if you like to ski fast and furious. Off piste is totally tracked out, and nasty breakable crud elsewhere. Wind has created lots of potential slab, so be very cautious. Took the effort to ski a couple of days in Les Arcs, which has been blasted by the wind on a couple of occasions over the past few weeks, but is still good on piste, especially over Peisey/Vallandry areas, and then skied from La Rosiere over to Italy on Friday. Was an awesome day, with a foot of fresh on the Italian side (something to do with the Foehn and prevailing conditions apparently). I understand that travelling up the valley to Val d'Isere/Tignes will lead to some great conditions as they have had more snow than elsewhere, but didn't go up, so can't comment, and don't know about the off piste conditions....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've been up to Val and Tignes in the last week as well. If they're claiming better conditions, they're lying.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have posted some photos in the snowMedia Zone which I hope will give a flavour of both the snow and the quietness of the pistes in Ste. Foy last week. And if the management team of a certain niche travel company, who were rather inadvisedly holding a team meeting in the restaurant where we were dining, are to be believed, things are looking a lot worse from their point of view in the coming weeks. Maybe bargains to be had?

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 14-01-09 1:14; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Christ, I thought you meant us for a minute there. But we were in the pub, not a restaurant! Toofy Grin

We do have some space over the next few weeks though, certainly some bargains to be had. Think I know who you're referring to and they ALWAYS have space!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Forecast now looking VERY good for the weekend/next week too! Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stevomcd, no, I'm pretty sure it wasn't you. Unless you employ at least three, possibly four (one may have been a hanger-on), management types who don't seem to know the first thing about business confidentiality or ethics. Discussing the names and abilities of the staff you're about to let go in a public place is pretty low in my opinion.

Your prices are a lot more reasonable as well!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Steve / CT1 - now you're making me worried - sms me the tour company!!
Hope you can read the weather Stevo as unlike you 'locals' my one week a year is coming up - week tomorrow we leave and desperate for some decint snow this year. keep the bullitines coming! Many thanks
Flog
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
flog873347, all things pointing for snow Sunday, Monday, Tuesday at least... in saying that the amounts have halved as the days get closer.. more forecast for Glenshee right now.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Will let you all know how it pans out over the next few days guys. If I don't post anything on here, that probably means the snow is good.... Razz

flog: wouldn't worry about it, the company I'm thinking of seem to like it that way - rammed at sky-high prices at Xmas, New Year, Half-term, empty otherwise!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks Gents. Stevo, must meet up for a beer when we get there. Only 8 more sleeps.................
ski holidays
flog873347, Probably no need to worry from your point of view. Just don't like this particular company's ethos and certainly wouldn't use them myself. To be honest they're not really my kind of people if you get my drift.
snow conditions
Just got down from a sick morning's riding. 20-30cm of fresh up high, especially in sheltered spots, so enough that you generally don't feel all that manky crust that's been around. A little heavy (my right leg is still burning as I type) but I'm not complaining! Feels very mild though, glad it's stopped snowing for now, hopefully things will cool down again before the next load arrives.
snow conditions
Music to my ears.
snow report
Been back up for an afternoon session. Snowing again, big fat flakes up top, little bit sleety down the bottom but should get colder overnight.
snow conditions
Stevo - can you throw all that in the freezer and keep it for a week!! Sounds top and I see that Friday is due for 16cm and 8 on Saturday.
We're on the ferry Friday night driving down easy Saturday, finding somewhere to saty over and then slopes first thing Sunday - that way we get 7days skiing. What are the roads like - snow chains required or pretty clear?
Oh yeah, what did you say you did for work?!!!!
ski holidays
We're off to Sainte Foy again this half term (when the kids are in school and the wife is a teacher, your choices are limited....) so I hope some of it is left for us Smile

Thanks for all the updates, all very much appreciated and I hope you can keep it up on a regular basis, I'm hanging on every word Stevomcd Smile

Si
ski holidays
Snowed all night by the look of it, and still snowing heavily now. Off to put some bindings on the Fish and get myself up there! Woohoo!

Roads are kept well clear as far as La Thuile, generally OK from there up to the resort too. Above the resort centre (where we are...), well, good luck... Snow/rain limit in the current weather system is pretty high so it's probably raining on most of the road.

flog873347, I run a chalet out here. Still got space for next week if anyone wants to come and get a slice of the pow! The White Room Chalet - Sainte Foy
ski holidays
Epic today. All that needs to be said.
ski holidays
stevomcd, pictures or it didn't happen... wink
latest report
Camera lost. Snow too good too stop. Too tired to type.

No snow left. I tracked every flake personally. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Another amazing day. Running out of superlatives. Top lift opened today (having been shut all day yesterday). Another couple of cms of fresh overnight too. Nobody on the hill today either - yesterday was pretty busy (by Sainte Foy standards). Me and some friends got the first tracks down the Crystal Dark, the Morion and all sorts of secret stashes.

Only bad news is it seems that I broke the edge on my board yesterday as well as putting some new coreshots on it. My fault for getting over-ambitious with the rock-drops...

Fogliettaz tomorrow morning hopefully. Need to find my camera in time for that! Toofy Grin
latest report
Oh aye, the forecast is good for tomorrow, then ridiculous amounts of snow over the next few days... Razz
snow report
Do you do any work out there Steve? Hope it keeps snowing till April when I am next there!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stevomcd, Aha, another Fish-erman....
Was in Ste Foy last year (unfortunately not in Stevo's pad...) - can certainly back up all Stevo's claims - when it's good in Ste Foy, it really is VERY good..... never thought I'd get waist deep powder in Europe....
snow report
Must warn you that Lady Guvnor may well be in town on Saturday as part of the girls weekender - listen out for the cackling and excessive consumption of vin chaud in the Brevettes.
latest report
'Tis quiet in the chalet this week, so plenty of snow time. Fortunately, this has coincided with the best conditions I've seen in a long time. As I said before though, we do have space for the next couple of weeks and the forecast just looks better and better. Get on a plane and get out here!

Rode the Fogliettaz today. Perfect blue skies overhead, probably the best snow I've ever ridden on the ground. Mega face-shots all the way to the bridge. Finally found my camera, so photos up very soon.
ski holidays
Couple of pics from today:

Dropping in:

Air!

Snow sucked...

Last wee steep bit

latest report
WOW Smile

Only 22 sleeps to go......
snow conditions
3 for me Very Happy
ski holidays
 brian
brian
stevomcd, schwing !
latest report
5 Days to go Very Happy & counting every second
ski holidays
Unlucky Guys.....1 more sleep, well 3 more if you count the ferry and a stop off but 10 on Sunday may be a special hour.................
snow report
Stonking photos Steveo, perhaps a tad above my skill level!!
Took me an hour to try and fit the new snow chains - what a mare!! If you fancy a run or better still a beer, my email is steve@olivesetal.co.uk I'll be picking these up through out the week.
Flog.
latest report
flog873347, should have flown then wink Will maybe see you around through the week!
latest report
Arv - use the email, we're actually there from sunday 25th for the week. Riduculous getting so excited for just a week eh?!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy