Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Megamum's ski cool wall

Poster: A snowHead
I wonder whether there'll ever be a 'classic' ski equipment market, like classic cars.

My choices:

Skis:
The aforementioned red/gold Dynastar Course SLs with the aero tip.
Dynastar Verticals
Rossignol 4S in teal or the 7S in black or first-gen yellow
Salomon Force 9s (originals in blue/red, not the tacky Superforce range)
K2 Extremes
Volant Chubbs

Boots:
Raichle Flexon Comp boots
Salomon SX92 Equipe or Force9 boots

Bindings:
Look Z Forza bindings
Salomon 957EQ full metal monsters
Both designs were so good they're virtually unchanged in over 20 years.

Have to exclude anything from the last 10 years and no proto-carvers like the Elan SCX, Rossignol Cut or K2 Four, revolutionary though they were.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
One guy I know wears a Union Jack top hat when skiing - Really really not cool

Another wear a flatcap and Barbour jacket - Very cool!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chalky, Sorry to disagree
Quote:

Another wear a flatcap and Barbour jacket - Very cool!

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chalky, saw 5 years ago a bloke telemarking in wrap around shades, nevica fluoro jacket and plus-4s.

That is either very cool - or begging for a Mental Health Act section (as Hurtle would surely agree)

No one has mentioned Monoskis yet... Ironic or post-ironic?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I just saw (last week) a chap with a modern monoski here in Greece skiing quite neatly. I forgive him his slope style gear, but must mention that the self-knitted scarf and skis were cool.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Cool: Diesel powered drag lifts
Uncool: Eco-resorts that source their power from their guest's poo
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JT wrote:
We know who brought Missions to match their outfit..
Well, that wasn't the real reason… but they did match Laughing Outfit's completely changed now and a total mismatch Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A Lappish four-winds hat as a skihat - cool, but only on 45 and older ski bums who have worn it since 80s.

An original Husky Harlekin ski hat with neon colours - ultra cool.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

I wonder whether there'll ever be a 'classic' ski equipment market, like classic cars

Surly the original 1080 in yellow and black would have to go in there?

UNCOOL
Any type of Fartbag
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ordhan, too modern for me, although I acknowledge it was the first mass-market twin-tip/park ski and as such has a place in ski history.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Charlatanefc wrote:
Cool: Jagerbombs, Jagertee

Uncool: Genepi, Vin Chaud Wink

Does anyone actually like Genepi Puzzled ,maybe its an acquired taste but it has got to be the most spine tinglingly,shiver inducing drink I have ever tasted.
I challenge each and every one of you to tell me you have swallowed a mouthful without pulling a god awful Lancashire Gurners Face wink EEEEUUUUAAAAGGGHHHH!!!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Genepi is lovely. snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sideshow_Bob, I know it is very modern in terms of a classic but with those graphics and its obvious impact on the sport I have no doubt it will be a classic
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Völkl Mantra : −273.15C
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sideshow_Bob wrote:

Dynastar Verticals

My dad got rid of a pair of these from his loft a few years back, I may never forgive him.

Volkl Mantra - Sterotypical Britisher Flailing "I'm a freerider, me" Ski wink
snow conditions
If you really want to go retro, I could let you have a set of Fischer SC4s from the early 80's with Salomon 747 bindings. You'd be like the Steve McQueen of the piste.
latest report
hedley wrote:
Charlatanefc wrote:
Cool: Jagerbombs, Jagertee

Uncool: Genepi, Vin Chaud Wink

Does anyone actually like Genepi Puzzled ,maybe its an acquired taste but it has got to be the most spine tinglingly,shiver inducing drink I have ever tasted.
I challenge each and every one of you to tell me you have swallowed a mouthful without pulling a god awful Lancashire Gurners Face wink EEEEUUUUAAAAGGGHHHH!!!!

I held the same opinion until this Christmas when my father produced a bottle of said stuff which was very good. Apparently it depends who makes it. This was produced by Charles Menuier? i think. Drank it every night it was so good
Shocked
snow report
I took a pair of Elan RC SLs to the dump a couple of years' ago. Given that this was the ski on which Stenmark won about 7 years' world cups perhaps I should have held onto them rolling eyes
snow conditions
Cunners wrote:
Sideshow_Bob wrote:

Dynastar Verticals

My dad got rid of a pair of these from his loft a few years back, I may never forgive him.

Volkl Mantra - Sterotypical Britisher Flailing "I'm a freerider, me" Ski wink
You're obviously an expert. I shoulda listened to you before flailing around on them rolling eyes
snow report
fatbob, THE RC SL? Light grey blue topsheet?

Mine got stolen in NY in 1986, been looking for a good pair of those ever since.
snow conditions
Steilhang, the roolz are that anything you (as in "the person making the post" rather than you specifically) own is by default uncool
ski holidays
I can't see the picture but I assume then that that was a pretty strong bite, non? Laughing
latest report
Sideshow_Bob wrote:
Rossignol Cut or K2 Four, revolutionary though they were.

Meh. Rossi Cuts (except the 11.5!) and Dynastar Big Max's were just playing catchup after the french were left with their trousers down at carving's adoption.

Rossi Axiom and it's little brother, the Cut 11.5 that Bandit XXXs and B4s and Squads were bred from.
ski holidays
comprex, Yep - grey topsheet with a white bit where the name was. I kick myself now for my decluttering frenzy.
snow report
comprex, a number of racers were cleaning up back in the day on either K2 Fours or Rossi 10.4s. The Rossi 11.5s were very popular in Freeski competitions. Anyway, the 10.4 were rolled out by the thousand and were the first real mass-market carving ski aimed at rental stores.
snow conditions
Sideshow_Bob, exactly.

The rental shop and the Two killed the Four in spite of the blinky LED, and killed the 10.4, and killed the SCX; the Dynastar Maxes never got any coolth until the 4x4 came out.

EDIT: Supercool: Dynastar coaches' long coats from '96-'97 season, styled after Western dusters except insulated. And purple.

Uncool: Elan puffy down coats from same approximate vintage, like a pearlescent seagreen Michelin Man.

Modestly cool: Spyder Speedwyre race suits.

Cryogenic cool: Descente ION Cocoon suit

http://www.descente.co.jp/en/company/development.html
latest report
For my tuppence ha'penny - Kingswood skis are 0 °R.

My neighbour makes his own Genepi, it's lovely stuff
snow report
demos wrote:
Duct tape in anything skiing related: approaches absolute 0.

As above but with no rips underneath Shocked Boiling point Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So ...... I am driving a Panda and skiing in a jacket with gaff tape patches. This appears to make me the height of uber-cool. There was me thinking it was just poverty as well - amazing. Cool
snow report
Lizzard, twenty three thick gold rings kinda cancel that out...
snow conditions
horizon, Only some of them on the fingers Shocked
ski holidays
horizon, I wear a wedding band and a 9ct signet ring which belonged to my Grandmother. Puzzled
snow report
Lizzard, LOL this is 1 in a series of 10 posts covering all your fingers right?
snow conditions
Descente black one pieces with the Solar alpha heat absorption fibers around 90 were seriously cool back in the day...
latest report
Elan stealths = Moderatly cool, gain points for having a 45 waist, lose points for being atrocious in anything but groomed piste with good snow.

GM BROs = Massivly uncool, narrowboats are for the water not for the mountains, they shouldn't cross over.

Anyone skiing skis from the 1970s / 80s = Very Cool
latest report
milamber, GM BROs?
ski holidays
milamber, I skied a pair of Predators in Tahoe last year, no problems on ice or moderately cut up snow.

Obviously, since someone on the board owns := 45mm waists are uncool.
ski holidays
Atomic EBM bindings (Electronic Binding Management)....

Hotter than the sun in a very uncool way!
latest report
comprex wrote:

Obviously, since someone on the board owns := 45mm waists are uncool.

Look, we'll have to redefine that rule, otherwise pretty much all skis are uncool.

How about "any skis that admin owns are uncool"? Laughing

Or, a little wider, "any skis owned by a snowhead with over 10,000 posts are uncool"?
snow report
Woops, I meant PM BROs, genetically modified skis aren't a bad idea though Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy