Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Megamum's ski cool wall

Poster: A snowHead
Charlatanefc, snowHead snowHead snowHead

Cool: Redheads, brunettes

Uncool: Blondes wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
couple years ago Eisbar hats (especially the ones with long blond hair on the top) were majorly uncool... and IMO still uncool, kinda like wearing goldstar jackets.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lacroix skis as pricey as German cars - seriously uncool. Scrabbling about in the snow, wearing your Prada jacket, is not a dignified way to spend your time in the snow. Likely to happen when some tosser on skis as wide as snowboards scrapes across the front of your planks, knocking several thousand pounds worth of diamonds out of them.

Thinking about it, doing anything in a Prada jacket in a ski resort is not dignified...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimottaret wrote:
old classic skinny skis like Rossi 4S's seriously cool, kinda like riding a longboard surfing... I have a pair that i am tempted to get some newish bindings for and be all retro..

Rossi Stratos - cool

Anything Spyder - uncool

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 9-01-09 12:32; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimottaret wrote:
old classic skinny skis like Rossi 4S's seriously cool, kinda like riding a longboard surfing... I have a pair that i am tempted to get some newish bindings for and be all retro..

Oh, 1991 Kastle WC slalom race ski in 207 length! That one rocks the cool tables.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Cool - the very first Salomon Force 9's - always wanted a pair, could never afford them
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skisimon wrote:
Lacroix skis as pricey as German cars - seriously uncool. Scrabbling about in the snow, wearing your Prada jacket, is not a dignified way to spend your time in the snow. Likely to happen when some tosser on skis as wide as snowboards scrapes across the front of your planks, knocking several thousand pounds worth of diamonds out of them.

Thinking about it, doing anything in a Prada jacket in a ski resort is not dignified...

Unless you are in Megeve where the ESF is (at least was) dressed in Prada.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fatbob, are you suggesting I'm an ordinary punter, therefore uncool for ripping huge lines on race room SL skis? Twisted Evil
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anything with Spyder on - Scorchio
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
here here on the red heads!

K2 MSL in 200cm+ :cool
oakley subzero's : glacially cool.
salomon xscream series (saffron ones) : interstellar cool.
Lifts running wherever you are : glacially cool

nackered dendex: uncool
Lifts not running: uncool
having tails of ski's wrecked in lift lines : scorchio uncool
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Any non agricultural 4WD apart from a Panda - seriously chavvie
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
johnDUB, xscreams ?? not sure about them being cool, i used to ski them all the time and were the weapon of choice until everyone else caught em up and now they feel floppy and horrible..
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
yeah, loved mine, still have a 187cm pair for hooning flat out. If it wasn't for hiring a pair i'd a quit skiing in 2002.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
johnDUB, your signature link is broken..

I am not sure about XScreams...

davidof, agreed.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
http://section8vwclub.freeforums.org

lookis like webpage gone.. ahwell..

come on guys, the XScream's worthy like the K2 four.
snow conditions
johnDUB, I just saw on Ebay a pair of K2 Fours for sale £40

As for all this coolness I really dont have an idea - my skis are the Elan ripply wave spice bought because I couldnt have what I wanted K2 phat loves or Volkl auras I was hormonal and needed to buy something I dont like the orange colour but they are ok to ski on !

I really have no idea about gear I just put my skis on my feet and go ski ! I cant afford to be cool Cool

Edited to add if anyone would like a pair of K2 two's you can have them or maybe they should be £20 on ebay ?
ski holidays
Very uncool: desperately trying to be cool.

Cool: not trying, not caring.
latest report
Mountaineer look (rugged with technical gear and fat skis): cool
Ski park nuskol look (huge, hanging, lowcut): super uncool
Boarder looks and snowboards: totally 1990s and uncool (only exception board and hard boot bindings pre-1988)
snow report
demos, I take umbrage at that: I'm a bit on the hefty side and usually fairly hanging in the AM. I thought the casually dishevelled look was in?
ski holidays
johnDUB wrote:

having tails of ski's wrecked in lift lines : scorchio uncool

You can't have ski tails wrecked in lift lines, unless you queue next to a pistenbully

Oh you meant the topsheet!

Perfect topsheets on skis used for more than a week - uncool.
snow report
Cunners, I meant clothes, mainly pants. Anything relatively fitted is better than loose.
ski holidays
Mountaineer look (rugged with technical gear such as ice axes and fat skis) in resort lift lines: uncool
ski holidays
Helen LS wrote:

I really have no idea about gear

and you think we do?
ski holidays
davidof, what are you drinking? Of course we know everything. Helen, you clearly are reading a false thread.
snow conditions
demos wrote:
Cunners, I meant clothes, mainly pants. Anything relatively fitted is better than loose.

Not on me it's not, it just makes me look like a poorly constructed haggis.
snow conditions
German dudes wearing Bogner - uncool
Scottish gingers - coooool
Baldy guys wearing bandana's - sorry, not cool
Dancing on table wearing lederhosen listening to apres cheese - soooooo cooooool Embarassed
snow conditions
Cunners, my wife occasionally calls me a dolmadaki (you know the greek stuffed wine leaves) when I have too tight stuff on... Don't worry, it's still cooler.
latest report
I'm may be showing just how uncool i am, but since when were long skinny skis cool again? Does this mean I can dust off my Course SL's (not that I think they were ever cool) and start terrorising the slopes again?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Olin Mark Skis - freezing cool.
snow report
davef wrote:
I'm may be showing just how uncool i am, but since when were long skinny skis cool again? Does this mean I can dust off my Course SL's (not that I think they were ever cool) and start terrorising the slopes again?

Since we wrote so.
snow report
Cooler than a nudist in the north pole drinking a frapichino and wearing sunglasses

Salomon 3V Labs & Suspects ( Love the look of those babys!)

Black Crow Skis

Anything from this years Helly Hansen clothing line up. Looks so cool!

A fish fart wink

uncool
All the gear no idea Russians

Hangovers and bluebird days Crying or Very sad
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/ci59Ff7SHvc&feature=related

James Bond on skis - particularly the 10m drop to crevasse is a classic piece of cinematic history.
ski holidays
double post

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 9-01-09 14:32; edited 1 time in total
latest report
davef wrote:

Gold ones? With the RED blob on the tips?

Those never went uncool.
snow report
RachelQ wrote:
Very uncool: desperately trying to be cool.

Cool: not trying, not caring.

That is a pretty pathetic effort to appear disdainful of the whole thing... wink

We know who brought Missions to match their outfit.. Laughing:lol wink
ski holidays
Skis with snowHead stickers on them. Just a little bit cool
snow report
Duct tape in anything skiing related: approaches absolute 0.
ski holidays
demos wrote:
http://youtube.com/v/ci59Ff7SHvc&feature=related

James Bond on skis - particularly the 10m drop to crevasse is a classic piece of cinematic history.

If you have alook at the videos section on MSPs website you'll find that it's so cool that there's even a Shane McConkey cover version
latest report
Cunners, it's just that his gear is no way near as cool as Mr Bond's. James would never ski in twintips.
latest report
My Apache Chief's have been hand custom painted the same as James Taylors '55 Chevy from the film Two Lane Blacktop. No colour, no graphics, no one will ever nick 'em!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy