Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

14 quid for Spaghetti Bolognese

Poster: A snowHead
nbt wrote:
just noticed this. here at the EoSB in val thorens, it's 7€ for a hot dog, 7€ for a small portion of frites or 7€ for a ropey looking croque monesieur at the "knife and fork" restaurant where we all meet. Shocked Shocked

it's pretty inedible as well. - is the grumpy man serving again this year?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arno, Spar in Belle Plagne has McVities Digestives on offer at €4.90 a packet (regular size pack).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can recommend the boulangerie opposite the Village Montana Soleil building for a baguette sandwich and a cake for €5.50
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
A mate was charged 5 euros for a coke at the Ski Lodge in La Tania last week He's a seasonnaire and the designated driver. That's just taking the wee wee now. But what can you do? The Ski Lodge has been there forever.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowmonk wrote:
But what can you do?

go elsewhere
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Wow some BUMP.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some bump, indeed. SFR7 for a plate of chips in Morgins during New Year week. Almost a fiver, and not many chips either.

I'm sure we've all got these stories. Sadly we Brits, formerly such free spenders, are less and less visible in mountain restaurants these days. I dare say most of them will make up the custom from locals, but it doesn't do much for our image does it?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If Germany had won the war the French could now come up with a 100 letter word for the Brits equivalent to "presque aussi avare que les Hollandais"
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

A mate was charged 5 euros for a coke at the Ski Lodge in La Tania last week

Must have been a pint of coke, surely

http://www.publeskilodge.com/menu/SkiLodge2011Menu.pdf

2.50 euros for a coke according to that. The SkiLodge has always been relatively reasonable.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Got back from Chamonix last night, most expensive coffee of the week was €4.50, went to Courmayeur for the day and it ws €1.50.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

presque aussi avare que les Hollandais

"Avare" is greedy" isn't it? Was that what you meant? Or "mean"?

BTW I don't find the Dutch to be mean, or greedy. There are lots of them in Champoussin and they are lovely people. And their English is better than that spoken by a lot of people I know in Lincolnshire!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think "avare" means mean. Tight with money, at any rate.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
you want to get to La Plagne centre, just had a 4 course meal ( Starter, main course, cheese board, dessert, coffee, genepi, plus wine) all for 13 euros one of the best meals we have ever had on the mountain!!! now thats cheap !!!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cockofthenorth, that is cheap. From memory there is a whole "strip" of restaurants there isn't there? Competition in action I guess. Cynically I might suggest the prices will rise in February Very Happy but they have to make money while they can, I understand that
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
In Chamonix 8 of us cleared 1200 euro in one night last week.........
snow report
ibisona, that's a hell of a lot of spag bol. Respect.
snow conditions
cockofthenorth wrote:
you want to get to La Plagne centre, just had a 4 course meal ( Starter, main course, cheese board, dessert, coffee, genepi, plus wine) all for 13 euros one of the best meals we have ever had on the mountain!!! now thats cheap !!!!

That Croq Neige just gets better and better doesn't it Very Happy wink
snow report
Quote:

Shocked

Was it worth it? What did you get for that price Puzzled
snow conditions
Quote:

Quote:

Was it worth it? What did you get for that price

its all relative - one night in a five star in london or a life changing amount for others rolling eyes oh dear i've gone all philosophical Madeye-Smiley
latest report
bladeskier wrote:
Got back from Chamonix last night, most expensive coffee of the week was €4.50, went to Courmayeur for the day and it ws €1.50.

That's expensive, never paid more than 1 Euro for a coffee in Italy
latest report
Got used to paying 2 - 3 euro for a coffee in morzine. Stopped off at a cafe/restaurant in Avoriaz, near the half pipe. Ordered 2 coffees without checking the price. 11 Euros. Crying or Very sad At least milk wasn't extra!!!!!!
ski holidays
Bergmeister wrote:
Quote:

Shocked

Was it worth it? What did you get for that price Puzzled

Yea it was a trip away with mates which haven’t been out for a long while. What we got was quite a bit of drink and just a little food
snow report
Quote:

Yea it was a trip away with mates which haven’t been out for a long while. What we got was quite a bit of drink and just a little food

and memories that will last a lifetime!! Very Happy Very Happy (told you i am turning all philosophical Madeye-Smiley )
snow report
Got a 3 filling panini and drink (vin chaud/beer/coffee etc) in the Bubble Bar in Courchevel 1650 for 7.5 euros last week. Nice, helpful Brits behind the bar too.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy