Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fernie 08/09

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Oops, neglected this thread a bit. Since the last 3 pow days, we had a couple of blue sky days, then rain top to bottom on Monday. Super wet slush/cement on tuesday - like 25-30cm of it, so hitting bottom was nearly impossible - then again, turning wasn't exactly easy either. Day after that it got colder again and apparently was a pretty nice day (I got called off, so didn't bother going up), and today we got 30cm in most places of nice, light blower. Hopefully the precipitation will keep coming in a snowier variety, it's nice to be back to how Fernie should be!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SO DaveC,

What's the latest?

We are back down a week on Tuesday (its a tough life I know) and wondered how things are shaping up?

Gryphea
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey gryphea - we've had a fair few powder days now, and things are kind of "how they should be" Very Happy Currently dumping fat flakes, has been all day - shaping up to be a good one tomorrow. You'll probably notice things are a bit more filled in since you last visited which is nice for late season!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Has anybody noticed that the season returned to 'normal' service as soon as we left Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is it raining now?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fair bit, yep.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh no!!!

WE have had 15cm of the fluffy stuff here!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just spotted on the weather mail that gryphea and Calgary's 15cm got attributed to Fernie Very Happy Anyway, the rain chilled out, we had a few warm days and puddles appeared - I was starting to think the season was on it's last legs as of Sunday. Monday brought an unexpected 18cm of heavy pow which was wicked in the morning and concrete bumps in the afternoon, Tuesday didn't get that cold but with low vis for the piste bashers, so very icy groomers and the ungroomed was chunks of death. Yesterday brought lower temps and 9cm of blower, and today it's -5 and bluebird, and I'm gonna assume it's all pretty soft! Very weird springtime...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DaveC,

Back from our 4.5 days skiing in Fernie. Stayed at Cornerstone- which was fine but the accomodation was seriously boiling. Had to leave windows open all the time!

Had great time. Kids loved it once again. 4 yr old girl had 3 ski and plays with Eric, Bridget and Matt- she loved them all, especially playing 'What's the time Mr Wolf?'. She loved it mainly because she got to relax away from her brother. Otherwise she managed Falling star from the top , Dancer loads of times, 64 to bomerang etc. Her favorite runs still off elk chair, with all the tree bits, tunnels and mini jumps. SHe loves Deer too.

6 yr old loved it even more- got more into jumps. He managed Cedar bowl, Currie Powder and he loved Dancer in Lizard bowl because of the jumps, although you have to watch him really really closely to see the air!!! He had one lesson, with John , a swede- this was a freebie from RCR (they seem to just throw these in) and he had a great time. He did a pretty steep black off bomerrang down to top of Haulback- fairly proud of him for that as he did it really well and its fairly steep. He replayed the moment for us after the lesson. He loved the tree runs and mini paths and mini jumps.

We had a good time- weird snow week! Experienced powder magic to cement going off!!

Kids also enjoyed the aqautic centre with water slide on Friday evening.

We really like Fernie once again and are looking forward to getting back!! Doesn't seriously feature in our plans for next year as we will only get Nakiska rather than RCR season pass, and we want to do Whitefish and Sun Peaks/Silver Star combo and a wekend at Castle. But we may still mange a long weekend- perhaps family day again as Fernie seemed to cope really well with the crowds.

BEst wishes

Gryph
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wicked - glad your kids enjoyed lessons, all four of those instructors are people I really rate as teachers Smile Sounds like your boy skied North Ridge btw, that's a pretty steep run! Next year I'll be on lineup (group lessons) much more and doing camps, so shoot me a request if you book anything Smile (actually, if anyone comes to Fernie, using my name gets me some comission to go on top of my not so impressive wage, so do it anyway! Very Happy)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Knee update.

MRI scan showed a tear in my medial meniscus on the right knee.

Had an arthroscopy 2 weeks ago to remove 25% of the cartilage and I am on the move again now.

Should be good for another BC trip next season.

Cheers

Clive
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy