Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurostar to the Alps - Transfer across Paris

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Axsman wrote:
Sorry to disagree pam w, but lying horizontal in a dark confined space, being able neither to sleep, nor do anything remotely entertaining, and arriving in the mountains too sleep deprived to think straight was more stupefying than stupendous. Evil or Very Mad

I wouldn't take the overnight train again if it was free. (And in fact it's cheaper to fly!).

snowHead

Perhaps a more relaxed arrival at Gare d'Austerlitz, shedloads less booze, a non aching spine, a 1st class compartment etc etc may well have made for a mpore pleasent experience. Lying in Oxalys reception in Val Thorens waiting for our lift passes to arrive, having had a bouncy taxi ride up the hill, was the worst I had felt for many years.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty the Snowman, With you on all of that, (except maybe the 'less booze' part Shocked ). How is the back these days? has the physio done the trick?

Hope you have a better pain-free season this year! Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Axsman, Had its moments, but feeling good today................or it cou;d be that my current near death experience with man-flu is clouding my judgement wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, I heard* that Jaegermeister is a fantastic cure for man-flu Very Happy

*However I heard it from charlatanefc so it may be best to stick to day nurse Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Lying in Oxalys reception in Val Thorens waiting for our lift passes to arrive, having had a bouncy taxi ride up the hill, was the worst I had felt for many years.

Ah yes, you poor things were a bit tired that morning Shocked

Then again, by lunch time you'd perked up no end snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We're on the standard TGV service not a chartered ski train, and also travelling on Boxing Day, so i'm hoping its both quieter on the Metro that night, and also on the overnight train. There's no disco carriage etc as far as I know, and the iPod/earplugs and eye mask should hopefully do the job drowning out any noise and distractions.

Fingers crossed anyway! Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BrightonSki, sounds like you've got it sussed now - iPod/earplugs and eye mask are def the right approach. No disco, just byo tipple to help nod off. If ever you doubt the comfort of a couchette, just try doing the same journey in a reclining seat and you'll soon realise how much nicer it is lying down. I'm sure you'll be fine snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hotels are getting less willing each year to book extra days. They all want to do Sat - Sat.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've done the sitting up option before on a ski weekend to Les Arcs ... not something I can recommend. Shocked
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've never been disturbed by drunken brits and nomally sleep quite well, a french lady with a load of kids entered mid-journey on the way back once but that's about it. Normally quite knackered by the time I get the head down and sleep like a log. On the way out I like to leave plenty of time to get across Paris so that I get on the sleeper early and get the luggage space under the bottom bunk (think Germans, towels and sunloungers). Once had a whole compartment to myself, early season.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm on the standard TGV to Aime La Plagne on the 27th. Looking forward to it. Meeting a mate in Paris for the trip down so I think a bottle of wine to help enjoy the journey may be in order Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

ticket gates that Kate Moss would struggle to squeeze through and often there aren't even any of the luggage gates to slide your ski bag, etc through.

If you've got tons of luggage & kids etc there's usually a large gate at the side of the ticket gates which the staff will open for you (normalement!). An "excusez-moi madame/monsieur - la porte s'il vous plait" should suffice!! Remember to put all your tickets through the ticket gates to get them stamped first tho.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As long as they're not too busy striking to help....
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy