Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

dare2b ski jackets

Poster: A snowHead
I would suggest segregation of ski resorts based on standard of clothing.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob, Yes don't see why Trespass wearers shouldn't join - they'd just have to pay the difference. Not sure about Campri and Rodeo wearers. Any opinions on this?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
arv, Not that I'm entirely in favour of your idea...yet.. but if the resorts were to implement such segregation, on what basis do you think that should be. E.g. Brand name, retail price, look (very subjective) or....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
allanm, you're right, there are more interesting threads than this - I am just briefly sallying forth from the Jungfrau ski region thread to see what everyone else is up to....and what do I find? Some people who may just have strayed off the end of the catwalk (in so many ways!). But, hell, yes, happy to join a rebel group. Years ago, I did have a ski jacket which served as a coat being as how it was before my skiing days. It was Campri, and very attractive in the mid to late 70s in a fashionable brown, orange and yellow colour combination. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AdrianV, So Campri's in then? Just leaves Rodeo wearers. I'll go with the flow Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
arv, Ive got a Vans Beanie and say "Awesome!" allot ...can I snowboard at your resort?

tux
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AdrianV wrote:
fortunately no-one was rude enough to make any comment to me personally because of my jacket choice

As a casual observation it tends to be the budget brigade who make the majority of rude comments toward owners of the more expensive gear. I will freely admit to taking the pish if I see someone wearing an 80s purple, green and yellow fartbag, but other than that I don't generally notice what other people are wearing unless it's particularly cool. I don't even know what a D2B jacket looks like?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tuxpoo, snowBoard? Most definitely not.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
uktrailmonster, You must have missed my earlier post - there's a pic of one here -> http://www.19x.co.uk/dare2B-testfacility.jpg - Now you know.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
OK - time to start a keeping it real thread elsewhere.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fatbob wrote:
A d2b coalition? Would Trespass wearers be allowed to join or would they be splitters?

How about old skool Campri and Rodeo wearers?

And don't forget Tog24 Smile

Actually, the first Salopettes I had were Rodeo (Th old C&A brand for hose who don't know), but they really weren't up to much in the mountains. I've still got them lying around somewhere.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Their Club Pro (?) jacket is a copy of one of the old spyder ones. It's only about £90, looks ok. Mine keeps me warm and dry. Doesn't look like a C & A jacket at all. Go for it!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
uktrailmonster, showing your complete lack of fashion nous there - scary one-pieces are the thing this season from what I've seen over the past couple of weeks. Someone had better tell Mollerski to ditch his 686 pairs of 'salos' (whatever they might be) and buy a brace of romper suits. Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lizzard,
Quote:

scary one-pieces are the thing this season from what I've seen over the past couple of weeks
Laughing NehNeh Laughing NehNeh Laughing NehNeh Laughing NehNeh
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lizzard wrote:
uktrailmonster,. Someone had better tell Mollerski to ditch his 686 pairs of 'salos' (whatever they might be) and buy a brace of romper suits. Laughing

Cheers, it's done. Cool
snow report
Can't believe this thread is still running!!

But since it is, what opinion do people have of Decathlon and Mountain Warehouse own brand stuff (Wedze and Parallel)? I've not budgeted for new gear this season but if I ever do, that looks pretty good value for money to me...
ski holidays
Don't know about Paralell, but the Wedze stuff looks pretty good. I suppose being French, it has a little more 'design' than the the cheaper Brit gear. I doubt whether Lizz'ard would rate it's skint/punter credentials though. wink
snow report
C'mon Lizz man, give us a run down of the taped-up old shite that will be adorning the Lizzard form this season. Punt on.
latest report
And what about Berghaus? I've got a jacket - bought at a knock-down price, on sale in Blacks a couple of years ago - which I wear hill-walking and which seems perfectly breathable and waterproof. Also what was a very nice, thin fleece, until I melted the sleeves (along with singing off most of my eyebrows, eyelashes and the front of my hair) in a minor kitchen conflagration yesterday. rolling eyes
snow report
Decathlon own brand stuff is good - I know I'm veering away from jacket discussion, but all my micro fleeces are from Decathlon and they're great, nice colours & nice cut. I have their own brand Quechua puffa jacket.

Berghaus good - I always reckon serious stuff for the person that knows...... I have an old Berghaus rucksack that went on many travels with me that I'm very fond of. Sad, I know Toofy Grin
snow report
cathy,
Quote:

Berghaus good - I always reckon serious stuff for the person that knows

Splendid. I know nothing - it was just a fluke! Laughing
snow conditions
Hurtle, I know nothing as well - just my opinion of it! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
sar_m, If you DO decide that dare2b is sufficiently warm that you won't persih from hypothermia and sufficiently 'cool' that you won't look like a puddin, Madeye-Smiley you can buy on-line here: http://www.trekwear.co.uk quite cheaply.

I have bought 3 pairs of ski trousers for various family memebers (not a jacket yet though) and they have all been fine.

IMHO - they are cheap enough to 'try it and see'.

Enjoy your skiing.
snowHead
latest report
cathy, well, that makes us both experts, dunnit? wink
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
And what about Berghaus?

Don't know much about their current gear, but they used to be top notch. I had a Berghaus jacket back in the early 90s and it was technically superb, just a bit beardy on the styling.
latest report
allanm wrote:
uktrailmonster, You must have missed my earlier post - there's a pic of one here -> http://www.19x.co.uk/dare2B-testfacility.jpg - Now you know.

Cheers, looks like a soggy mess. Try that test with something like a Marmot Goretex Proshell and the water just beads up and literally rolls off. Give it a quick shake afterwards and it's bone dry.
snow report
Lizzard wrote:
uktrailmonster, showing your complete lack of fashion nous there - scary one-pieces are the thing this season from what I've seen over the past couple of weeks. Someone had better tell Mollerski to ditch his 686 pairs of 'salos' (whatever they might be) and buy a brace of romper suits. Laughing

Absolutely, I wouldn't know a catwalk from a dogwalk. I suppose technically a 1-piece is the way to go too, but I'd rather have a cold rs
snow report
uktrailmonster,
Quote:

just a bit beardy on the styling

Must admit, you're not wrong there. Mind you, it doesn't look too bad with the splendid shocking pink ski trousers (Tomster USA, whoever they are) I got in TKMaxx last year, but which I tend not to wear, because I can't actually breathe in them.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
uktrailmonster wrote:
technically superb, just a bit beardy

Good description - of Berghaus that is, not Hurtle Toofy Grin
snow report
cathy, that got singed in the kitchen conflagration too. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Hurtle wrote:

What, the Beard? wink
ski holidays
Spyderman, yep! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:

Laughing Laughing
latest report
Quote:

give us a run down of the taped-up old shite that will be adorning the Lizzard

My jacket only has two pieces of gaff tape on it, I'll have you know. In fact, since you're so interested, here's the whole ensemble:

And here's my amazingly expensive technical 'mid-layer' (commonly known as a warm jumper, and identifiable to the keen camper as Canvas Holidays courier uniform):
snow conditions
Lizzard, ye gods woman, you've wearing more gold than Mr T!
latest report
red 27, oh tsk, you have caught me out. I am actually a closet millionaire heiress and fashionista - so much for the cunning disguise.
snow report
Lizzard, they could melt you down and bail out HSBC. Anyway, that ski jacket and 'pants' both look pretty techy-high-end to me, I think you've been having a turkish!

p.s. how much has it snowed over there please? Razz
latest report
red 27, I wasn't commenting on my own stuff, merely answering the question. I think the OP will find a d2be jacket perfectly adequate for the season and I doubt if (s)he needed a load of moronic brand-based sneering.

And I can't definitively answer the question, as it has not yet finished. However, a colleague who has lived here for 20 years told me this morning that she hes never seen as much snow as this.
ski holidays
Lizzard, one can never have enough moronic sneering I always think, brand-based or otherwise

So, I pick the best snow in 20 years for my trip [/smug-git]
snow report
red 27, certainly the most snow, at any rate. I'm told the avalanche risk is off the scale though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy