Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's in your Hip Flask?

brian
brian
johnnyrotten, good man. That's important missionary work you're doing. wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stroh 80 .... nothing less Twisted Evil

Very useful for beefing up Choccie Rums, in France, where they make 'em weedy! Only Austrians do 'em right NehNeh
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
beeryletcher wrote:
Stroh 80 .... nothing less Twisted Evil

Hardcore! Twisted Evil

evil evil stuff. I have a bottle but only use it for cleaning tar off of my cars alloy wheels. f you can drink it neat and live then your usual tipple must be kerosene or toilet duck Skullie
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
A friend of mine has port & brandy. Sounds wrong but is really quite good.
I have whisky in mine.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnnyrotten,

Haha - truth be known I only do it to see reactions after I offer it around Twisted Evil

I really do love it as an add in to Hot Chocolate though.

Best tipple just for my own flask and pleasure is Jagermeister - yum yum yum a yum yum Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Whohay Toofy Grin Oh bu**er its empty Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
beeryletcher, have you got any teeth left. That is toilet duck by any other name! Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnnyrotten, you should try mixing it with Coke - you'd probably get some kind of uber scouring cream which you could market to industrial cleaning firms and make a fortune.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizzard, Laughing I think that mixture is already banned under international anti-terrorism laws.

Is Stroh 80 even legal to sell anymore? I got my bottle pre-EU and there were dark mutterings then about it not being legal to bring an 80%abv spirit into UK. I hid it in the car.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Stickler for tradition I always have a single malt, Talisker is favourite, but am inspired by this thread to experiment.
How about Crabbies green ginger, rum and lime?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JulesB wrote:
How about Crabbies green ginger, rum and lime?

We'll soon see......... wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I brought a bottle of Stroh 80 home from Austria in August 06. Someone told me after (might be a old wives tale !) that you arn't allowed to take it on board a plane due to fire risk
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Remy Martin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mmmm, whisky mac, best ever singer's drink, it's brilliant for soothing vocal chords. Could have done with some yesterday, between a three hour, full-on rehearsal and a concert - but so few pubs nowadays seem to stock ginger wine. Sad

Don't carry a hip flask any more, I don't like to drink too much when I'm skiing - contrary to the impression I may have given on another thread - and certainly not spirits. I used to carry a not-too-strong vodka and orange mix. (Fairly sure I've already posted that the last time the topic came up. And yes, I do now wear a helmet.)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Rusty nail - If I can afford it!
ski holidays
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Anything that's not a Scottish single malt ranks as cooking or mixer whisky in my house

Nothing wrong with premium blends, you malt-snob! Smile
ski holidays
Gnôle ! Strong, guaranteed to cure any illness and home-made by the local farmers around here...
latest report
Stroh 80!! That's the name of the stuff my Swiss friends produced last February - they got it from Austria too I think. They turned it into the most revolting cough syrupy like stuff (Tea Flambee) I'd ever tasted - and I couldn't really see the sense of the process since hardly any of alcohol must have been left. The process was as follows:

Decent measure of spirit, large spoonful of sugar - set fire to it - after a minute or so add brewed tea to extinguish flames and consume - pure unadulterated - Yukkkkk.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 5-12-08 23:01; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Quote:

whisky mac, best ever singer's drink

My dad and uncle, both stalwarts of Splott Amateur Operatic's widely admired interpretations of Gilbert and Sullivan, used to swear by thermos flasks of warm rum and blackcurrant. The Yeomen of the Guard were tripping over their halbards (or are they halberds?) left right and centre....
latest report
Scarpa, That's on a par with me I also have demi-john currently 2/3rd - 3/4 full of sloe gin waiting to finish.
snow report
Quote:

Is Stroh 80 even legal to sell anymore? I got my bottle pre-EU and there were dark mutterings then about it not being legal to bring an 80%abv spirit into UK. I hid it in the car.

and

Quote:

I brought a bottle of Stroh 80 home from Austria in August 06. Someone told me after (might be a old wives tale !) that you arn't allowed to take it on board a plane due to fire risk

Well I bought my current bottle from the Innsbruck Airport gift shop in February 2008 - so guess it's still allowed to sell...and fly !
ski holidays
Quote:

Innsbruck Airport gift shop

Gift shop?! What kind of cruel person buys that stuff as a gift?
snow report
Highland Park in one, Talisker in another and Jura in the third.
snow report
All these Talisker fans! Don't get me wrong, I've got half a bottle in my cupboard - but for me it is a slightly less good version of Lagavulin.

Does anyone know Bunnahabhain? Another enjoyable Islay - very different, not smoky at all since the water is taken from high on the hill.
ski holidays
snowball wrote:

Does anyone know Bunnahabhain?

Lovely stuff. Thank you Oddbins Very Happy

Tried all the Islays but the one I keep coming back to over the years is Laphroaig. Usually have a bottle of something Highland and a bottle of something Island on the go. The finished stoppers get dropped into old litre mass glasses on the kitchen windowsill, at least half of them in there are white Laphroaig stoppers.

Funny, while I'd take a Islay for preference at home, it doesn't taste right out of metal hip flask where if I have anything it's a sweeter malt or a slug of Drambuie.
ski holidays
Quote:

All these Talisker fans! Don't get me wrong, I've got half a bottle in my cupboard - but for me it is a slightly less good version of Lagavulin.

Quite agree, but then Mr Neigehead received a special Talisker for his birthday - think it's the 18 yr old & that's fantastic!
ski holidays
Talisker was Robert Louis Stevenson favourite whisky.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy