Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Selling skis on E-Bay

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone got experience of selling a pair of skis on e-bay?

Thanks to getting myself all mixed up i now have a pair of brand new K2 Public Enemy's which are a bit on the short side.
As i haven't mounted them with bindings or unwrapped them yet i was thinking of selling them on e-bay in an attempt to get back, roughly, what i paid for them (which wasn't an awful lot) and going back for the larger size.

So has anyone sold skis on e-bay before? If so did it all go relatively smoothly or not? Any tips for a relatively inexperienced e-bayer trying to sort out a mistake would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
(might be slightly on the obvious side) will the shop not buy them back from you? Or at least trade them?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dmcmorrine, I had thought about it but I bought them about a month ago from a shop outside of the UK and i've already disposed of the packaging they were shipped in so i'd have a hell of a time packing them up again and paying out for two lots of shipment.
What i was thinking was that if i could buy another pair from them i could use the packaging they arrive in to dispatch the shorter ones to their new owner (assuming i can sell them)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have just sold my wifes old skis on Ebay as they were too stiff for her ( I told her that when she bought them, but what do I know) I bought them end of season so only paid half price, they have been used for a week and to be fair they were like new, I got £14 less than what I paid for them, I had about 30 watchers.

I always buy gear end of season and off-load stuff I no longer require this way, but never sell crap. Just describe as fairly as possible

I scheduled the auction to end at 7pm Sunday night when all those watchers are at home, the last 2 minutes was crazy. Get them on now for a 5 day sale ending same time.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kel, Thanks for that. Really encouraging to read and i like the 7pm Sunday finish time, smart.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
fastandicy, sell em on here?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kel wrote:
I scheduled the auction to end at 7pm Sunday night when all those watchers are at home, the last 2 minutes was crazy. Get them on now for a 5 day sale ending same time.

1. I watch loads of stuff but end up bidding on only a tiny proportion of them and have found the same with stuff I've sold so watchers, particularly at the moment, don't necessarily translate into bidders.

2. Locally where I am quite a few keen skiers (and their families) are at their local slope Sunday nights 'coz a couple of ski clubs do their training then so Sunday night isn't a sure bet IMHO. In fact there were a couple of things I was quite interested in this Sunday gone and I ended up not bothering because I was out and I prefer to watch the bidding and bid late rather than have someone push up the closing bid- had slight regrets when I saw the stupidly low prices they ended at but that's Sundays and life I guess Toofy Grin

All IMHO of course Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
arv, Am i allowed to do that?

That's why i kinda worded my OP vaguely cos i didn't wanna get kicked off and wasn't sure of the rules.

roga, Duly noted

Doh! Just spotted the Buy/sell and exchange forum. I guess i'll stick them up there and try to spend less time in the Piste and Trips forums, broaden my horizons a bit NehNeh
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fastandicy... don't see why not;)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sold mine on ebay. I stipulated UK buyers only and no postage, pick up in person only. Got a good price for them, the gentleman who bought them came to my work address to pick them up and paid me cash. No problems whatsoever...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
roga,

Can only speak from my own personal experience, you don't need all 30 to bid, just 2 who want them is enough.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Most watchers are (1) planning on selling something identical, and want to know what they'll get for it, or (2) planning on buying something identical in the near future, and wondering what they'll have to pay...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Make sure you list the item's correctly, this snowmobile was listed as a snowboard and had no indication in the title as to what it was. Most people would have thought it was some rubbish brand snowboard they'd never heard of and went straight past it.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260321547326&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching
Wish I'd made a bid, I could have bought it, listed it correctly and made quite alot of money.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
do you reckon there's any chance of selling a pair of 12 year old K2s which are 198cm long on ebay Puzzled

I'm keeping them until such time I own my own place in the alps and can put them on the wall as an antique - although they may of course be back in fashion then
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boris, None whatsoever. Major tip has to be make sure you set out the length, make and model in the title with preferably a description of type (AM, piste, GS, etc.). Then you have given yourself a sporting chance.
I sold one pair I had imported from the US and have bought a pair there as well. Satisfied, but not overjoyed on both occasions.
latest report
fastandicy, Start it on a thursday evening, then with a 10 day auction it will finish sunday. Look at radiotimes.co.uk to make sure your endtime does not clash with some mega popular tv prog. Make sure you put skis, skiing, ski in the description. Spam a few key words in like salomon by stating they are better than salomon xxx. You need people to find them. Find out the postage cost etc as skis are difficult to post. Make sure you put NEW in the title. A returns policy helps as well, state if not significantly as described they can return by tracked service at their expense. The original postage costs not refunded.

Hope that helps Very Happy
snow conditions
carroz wrote:
Spam a few key words in like salomon by stating they are better than salomon xxx. You need people to find them.

I hate it when people do that and purposely don't look at their ads if they come up in search results!

I'd agree finishing on a Sunday evening is the best time.

Oh - and if you link to your ebay ad from the Buy and Sell Section, do make sure you put a link to snowHeads in your ebay ad wink Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
James the Last,
(1) not sure...All one has to do is do a search on complete listings to get an overview of what price an iten tends to go for, so why bother watching a particular one?
ski holidays
fastandicy wrote:
...bought them about a month ago from a shop outside of the UK...paid for them (which wasn't an awful lot)
fastandicy: Where did you buy your K2s?
I'm looking for a good deal on 2 pairs of skis (pretty much 100% piste biased, so yours are non-contenders)
snow conditions
cathy, Lots of people only think of salomon or rossignol when they are looking for skis, so when you are selling something not so well known with the "masses" comparing them to a well known ski makes people think a bit. I know i sold a pair of fischers because of doing that as the buyer told me. Putting heaps of spam words in means ebay will remove your ad anyway.
snow conditions
Kruisler wrote:
James the Last,
(1) not sure...All one has to do is do a search on complete listings to get an overview of what price an iten tends to go for, so why bother watching a particular one?

Because not everything sells in such numbers that a completed items search will produce any hits. So leave the search running, and when you are emailed with a notification, watch the item and see what it makes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy