Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Folgarida

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mitchell wrote:
Chasseur,
Unfortunately now returned from hols Sad but already checking the web for any more late deals;
Folgarida was great; we had loads of snow & possibly near perfect conditions. The 'locals' were/are friendly & whenever we stopped to buy or eat were met with fast , friendly efficient service. Also as a major bonus, the cost of things was/is very good value. The food everywhere was really, really good & came in large servings. Coffees, teas, chocolates were also good value & ther beer prices werent too bad, although much cheaper in happy hour in the eata beta bar.
Highly recommend the Caminetto; very good accomodation & public areas, food very good again......it was like dining out at a good restaurant every night. The Kapriol got good feedback from other snowheads who we had the pleasure to meet up with (hello again snowlamb + family & friends).
petertmac,
Didnt recall seeing any clothing fro hire in the ski shops although I wasnt looking fot it so they may do..........if you contact Rosattisport.it & contact them they may be able to advise you.

Would definately recommend Folgarida for a family skiing holiday.
If any one has any specific questions please ask

Cheers

Mitch

Many thanks Mitch, really useful. Sounds like you had a great time - definitely looking forward to the 21st March now. Snow reports and depths looking very encouraging too! snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
petertmac wrote:
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to hire ski clothing in Folgarida. We live in Egypt and don't get to ski too often. Have gogles, thermals, skarves, beanies etc, but no sking clothing.

Not sure if it was you who sent me a PM, but in case it wasn't,
1st, sorry for not getting back to you (I answered the PM) in this forum.

Yes you can hire ski gear / clothing. You need to go to Tallersport (its between the bank and cafe La Buca in the town square)
You can e mail them 1st to see what the costs are (I don't know the costs, sorry)
info@tallersport.com
or call them and speak to Valter the boss (He is an instrcutor with ski azzurra)

Been teaching in the milky Way for a while and just got home for the weekend and can you crediti it, its snowing here in Wigan
Puzzled
oh well will be going back to Folgarida on Thursday for a few weeks so if any snowHead 's are out there look me up in the Eta Beta bar most evenings or leave a message in the ski school office

See ya

W
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Got back from Folgarida last weekend and agree with other posters on here that it is an ideal family and/or mixed ability resort. The nursery and easy blue slopes for total beginners looked excellent. Had good and bad feedback regarding ski school, but if you book Wayne I'm sure you'll be OK.

Good ski area if you include Madonna on your ski pass. More than enough to keep good intermediates happy for more than a week. We only had one blue sky day last week and that revealed the beauty of the area. For most of the rest of the time it was puking it down with powder on most pistes. This should ensure great conditions for the rest of the season.

At the end of the day I much preferred the almost deserted black run back to Folgarida as opposed to the mobbed long blue. Someone said the black had a 60 degree pitch on it but I don't believe it is that steep. The Italians seem to measure not in degrees but in percentages. I wonder if 60% equates to 54 degrees which would be more like it.

Apre ski was almost non existent with the exception of the Eta Beta bar which is a bit of a dive but it does sell cold bear and has several pool tables.

Finally, the Caminneto Hotel was very good and met my expectations of an Italian 4 star hotel. Good food, good service and an excellent wellness centre (don't forget your cossies!). The only thing that let the hotel down was the poor boot room which is down an awkward cobbled stairway.

Cheers,

Jimmy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
45 degrees is 100% - 1 in 1.

15 degrees is 33% - 3 in 1

The black in Folgarida is 60%, whic is round abouts 30 degrees. The black as a whole is about 30% although there is a small very steep pitch, from memory.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
that black is great, was deserted when we did it aswell, sign at top says 60% then further down another says 67%..though not greatly challenging given its steepness.

Some great tree sking to be had round there aswell..only had 1 day to explore the whole linked area as on a day out..but 6 hours nonstop sking later still not covered everything..though the dead slow lift system didn't help
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I know this post was started for people travelling Jan/Feb time but thought an update would be in order having got back from Folgarida yesterday. We had a couple of days of sun and then it snowed non-stop for four days Shock . Haven't ever skiied in anything like it before and I can't find anything that tells accurately how much snow there was but there must have been almost a metre of fresh snow at the top of over the four days. Visibility was terrible at times, but hey, you're there to ski...

If you're an intermediate would definitely recommend the extension to Madonna di Campliglio - we went over there 4/6 days and the scenery is stunning at Passo Grosste/Monte Spinale, it was just a shame we only caught it one day! We also found the pistes from Orso Bruno (Folgarida side) down to the Pradalago area (M di C) much quieter and gorgeous. The pistes in general seem pretty kind - we asked ourselves why some of the reds weren't blues and black 5 was simpler than a stretch of red 14/16 on the M di C side. Thought the whole area was very pretty and skiing through the trees was gorgeous.

Agree with others about the El Mas Restaurant on red 3 just above the village; it was our fave stopping off point for the last vin brule (up to 2.50 euro now!) of the day though you have to be at drag 11 (thankfully there are very few drag lifts in the whole ski area!) by 4.30pm to get back to Folgarida 1300. Restaurant at Orso Bruno also nice - great views, and Rifugio Viviani (Pradalago on M di C side) was our definite favourite. The exchange rate isn't in our favour; two paninis and two small beers for 14 euro, lasagna 8 euro and chips 4 euro all add up...

We stayed at the Caminetto - great rooms, very friendly staff (though Luca the wine waiter is slightly weird...), hideous trek to the boot room Mad . We were a little disappointed by the food at dinner - maybe we've been spoiled by other places. Not always hot, very average anti-pasti selection (cold cooked carrots every night - why?? wink ), no choice of dessert and probably only two stand out courses all week, not what we expected at all from a four star hotel. Also, very little sign of the Italian love of food as a social occasion; we were asking for pauses in between courses otherwise we'd've been in and out in an hour, and with very little else to do in the resort we certainly needed the diversion of dinner wink .

A great little resort, would be fab to go back there when the sun's shining. Definitely a good one to build up confidence too.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'll give a huge vote to the Kapriol. Ihad my first ski hol there 3 years ago and it was fab. The food is fantastic (I'm a chef by the by, I know what I'm on about) Not fancy but brilliant honest Italian food. I would recommend it to anyone. Only down side is the skiing for advanced snowHead is a bit limited.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MJS, that's good to hear - we're off in under 2 weeks snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tall Blonde, welcome to snowHeads and thanks for the report snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy