Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes.

Poster: A snowHead
Any dudes heading over to tignes for the season? Or even a holiday over new year?

There is 4 of us heading out on th 27th December for a week and i cant waiiiiiiiiiit Very Happy

snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Im gonna be going out there late. 21-28th march. Ive got a lads boarding trip to les2alpes in feb but i cant wait for tignes. The missus is learning to ski rolling eyes , but that will give me a few hours each day to practice tricks.
I hate this time of year, every day just slows right down and the weeks seem to take ages. Cant wait to get to those mountains.
Fantastic powder to shred in tignes Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm the same seems to be taking forever, think i'm going to the Cairngorms on Saturday for a fix!

This is my fourth time too Tignes and i love it Very Happy Going straight up the Funicular and the cable car soon as i arrive!

Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
2nd time in Tignes for me this year.

Ooooooppppps ,it seems ive posted a reply on the 'dark side'

I am taking a friend of mine who is an early intermediate boarder. Is there anywhere in the Espace Killy piste area he should avoid.

As a skier I have no idea where if anywhere he will realy find difficult apart from traversee du laisinant into VD.he must carry his speed. Its a long walk in for a boarder if you keep your speed up

Is anywhere else tricky for boarders.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bottom of Santons and Epaule d Charvet (spelling?) both have a flat valley floor followed by a very short climb. Many need to walk out, but there is a nice restaurant midway along the walk. Santons itself is a blue that many people hate it because it is a bit like a very long half-pipe but with the added thrills of moguls and scared beginners.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dave_wick, We're out on the 28th Dec. Son is a boarder Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad ( don't know where i got him from Very Happy ).
Group of family and friends also out at Newyear. We almost invariably end up in the Alpaka. I thinks its getting like Snowheads central in there these days.
We're into double figures now for Tignes trips and we love the area too. wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
george owen wrote:
dave_wick, . We almost invariably end up in the Alpaka. I thinks its getting like Snowheads central in there these days.

Embarassed refresh my memory, where is the Alpaka
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Renry,
Quote:

Is there anywhere in the Espace Killy piste area he should avoid.

Avoid petit col - narrow and flat.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wabbey wrote:
Renry,
Quote:

Is there anywhere in the Espace Killy piste area he should avoid.

Avoid petit col - narrow and flat.

bit of a flat area on a blue coming down from the glacier (genepi? maybe)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Renry wrote:
Embarassed refresh my memory, where is the Alpaka

In Tignes Le lac. If you stand at the bus stop on the snowfront it is directly up the road in front of you, past the Aiguille Percee hotel (which is on your right), the Alpaka is on the left hand side just before the road bends around to the right.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
something to wet your appitaite from Tignes

snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nice pics there.

I now cant wait, im struggling to sleep at night for thinking about it! hope it continues dumping till around the 25th Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Renry, Avoid some of the green runs in the tranquil area off the back of bellevarde after fresh snow, as the flats are well sticky. Great off-piste though.

Epaule d charvet black is amazing and a much better route to take off Bellevarde than the Santons run (Santons is narrow and really, really choppy) but likeAdrian says, the flats at the bottom are a real pain to do on a board unless you carry lots of speed out.

Other than that there are loads of good runs. The blues in the EK are pretty steep anyway but not scary. The reds going into La Daille in Val are a bit icy at times and you really should get him on the Gratalu run above Tignes if he wants speeeeed Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Specialman, is santons the one that's like a natural half pipe? i quite liked that one - until it got a bit moguly (sp?) towards the bottom.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hey guys, have a look at the thread for Tignes this winter, most questions already answered; http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=43727#1105492

Be safe and Cool
snow report
rogg, yep. it was really mogully last week
ski holidays
rogg wrote:
Specialman, is santons the one that's like a natural half pipe? i quite liked that one - until it got a bit moguly (sp?) towards the bottom.
Last time out we skiied that in totaly flat light, great mounds of snow mixed with bif icy patches, it was horrible. The only good thing about it was I managed to carry plenty of speed and avoided the long walk in, unlike my ski buddies NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
snow conditions
If you are into House and Electro, there is a massive free David Guetta gig in Tignes on New Years Eve. I planned to go but the drive across from Cham might be a bit too much, considering the likely traffic.

It will probably be a great atmosphere even if its not your music.

David Guetta does Tignes

Enjoy.
ski holidays
bar shaker wrote:
If you are into House and Electro, there is a massive free David Guetta gig in Tignes on New Years Eve. I planned to go but the drive across from Cham might be a bit too much, considering the likely traffic.

It will probably be a great atmosphere even if its not your music.

David Guetta does Tignes

Enjoy.

I was at the party last year, was amazing form what i can remember lol
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy