Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TIGNES 2008/09

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

Well Mrs W & myslf are back in TIGNES again and will hopefully keep you all informed of all things exciting regarding Snow, piste conditions, and other gossip.

A few snowheads have already visited TIGNES this season and enjoyed the great conditions on the Glacier & the hospitality of Mountainsun Blush The Glacier is generally in a much better condition than this time last year with lots of snow cover and very little ice. The Glacier though is getting smaller & smaller every year and it is a real possibility that summer skiing will stop within the next 10 years unless further step are taken to protect it.

Rob R will be pleased to know we have skied slalom today on the same pitch as last year and it was easy peasy compared to last years sheet ice wink

Currently it is raining in the village but snowing higher up You can see the mountains turning white. Lots more snow forecast for the next few days to low levels and lower temperatures Blush
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wonderful news. Bev, Linds, Liz B and myself will be in Tignes tomorrow night. Hope to see you there. Looks like I had better pack some serious thermals!

snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stewart woodward wrote:
Rob R will be pleased to know we have skied slalom today on the same pitch as last year and it was easy peasy compared to last years sheet ice wink

Certainly can't be any harder than it was last year! I'm hoping to get out for a week with Phil and Em before Christmas, so will see you then.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sleet at the moment at village level and lots of precipitation forecast over next five days, reports of up to 70cm on top. Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yay Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stewart woodward, good news about the snow coming. It's really cold here too! I am out again 28th Nov so only a matter of weeks, hopefully there will be a blanket of snow down to Val Claret by time I get there again Blush
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alpaka Lodge, in another thread there was brief mention of a discount/deal on pies and pints for Snowheads at your place. Could you tell us what it is please and when does it start? Thanks snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
€4.50 pint and €5 for pies, open all year round giving you €1 off each, pas mal eh?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alpaka Lodge, pas bon either Confused
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Woo hoo. Snow snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alpaka Lodge, So how far away from the Mountainsun place are you? I suspect it is not walking distance! Thanks for the meteo report.

snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

red 27
hors Piste
Alpaka Lodge, pas bon either Confused

porquoi? 20% or thereabouts you have a problem with? Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Alpaka Lodge wrote:
€4.50 pint and €5 for pies, open all year round giving you €1 off each, pas mal eh?

Ah thank you for that. Did I hear a rumour that they are Pukka Pies?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alpaka Lodge, séchez vos yeux mon petit oiseau, je plaisante. veuillez m'envoyer un de pâtés en croûte délicieux et je te donnerai l'argent quand nous nous réunissons après. votre rouge affectueux vingt-sept d'ami. baiser snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
proper pukka volkl, all of range, similar to tignes, pukka eh?!
snow report
VolklAttivaS5, lay off the pies you... they won't let you on the bus to Tignes
snow report
red 27, mind your own business you. Little Angel
latest report
Alpaka Lodge, are you at the top of the road where Precision Ski is on the right hand side and L'Arbina is on the left?
snow report
too many pies.... spoo
snow report
VolklAttivaS5,you can't miss the place - it's got DISCOUNT PIES in big neon letters - you can see it from the airport on a calm night
ski holidays
red 27, oh good. Since I won't be flying I will have to have a look out for it from the autoroute instead and follow the glow. It will aid my journey to Le Lac. Who needs sat nav when this is available Laughing

My friends from oop North will be very pleased I am sure when I inform them of the calibre of the pies at Alpaka Lodge. Not really a pie fan myself. Alpaka Lodge, see you soon no doubt. wink
ski holidays
more importantly at the moment the snow here is falling and looks set in for a while Cool winter could be here all you pie eaters, or not volkl??!! c u in le lac for a demi panaché?
latest report
VolklAttivaS5, Ludlow does not count as oop North!
ski holidays
Alpaka Lodge,
Quote:

more importantly at the moment the snow here is falling and looks set in for a while winter could be here all you pie eaters, or not volkl??!! c u in le lac for a demi panaché?

I will be there indeed, pie or not.......great news about the snow, it was fantastic last week on the glacier, it was much better than what I expected it to be at that time of year.

Chris Bish, when you come down from the glacier into Val Claret, the Tignes free bus is running from in front of the Taverne des Neiges and it stops right by L'Arbina and I think the Alpaka Lodge is up that road although I'm not sure how far up it is.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 27-10-08 22:59; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Chris Bish
FreeRider
Alpaka Lodge, So how far away from the Mountainsun place are you? I suspect it is not walking distance! Thanks for the meteo report.

THe guys there know us well, we are their local!!
ski holidays
Alpaka Lodge, In that case, might well be saying hello in person in the next day or two. If we are not snowed in of course!

snowHead
ski holidays
Chris Bish, crampons recommended!! Razz
snow report
Alpaka Lodge, That much falling? Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Linds, well no but it might be slippy underfoot! falling but not puking yet Laughing
snow conditions
No snow in the village this morning, the snow line is about 2400. Should be good on the glacier
Blush Blush

Due to the amount of GENUINE PUKKA PIES consumd by Alpaka Lodge, he skies on big fat ZAG's to distribute the pie load wink This is not a calculation generally taken into account by ski manufacturers rolling eyes
snow report
Yay - welcome back to Tignes stewart woodward & Mrs W! snowHead Look forward to hearing all the goss over the season. Blooming cold here this morning - 2C when I left the house, brrrrrrr Skullie
snow conditions
i'm coming to tignes on the 13th December and i can't wait now!!!
snow report
Alpaka Lodge, I'm coming out with a few mates on the 8th of November with Mountainsun, we'll be sure to drop in and sample the pies! (and the beer)

Can't believe its snowing already. gonna have to dig out some links to webcams now. No more work from me for the next 2 weeks!
snow report
Lots of new SNOW on the glacier today Blush with visibility varying throughout the day Puzzled The new snow gave some quite tough conditions but tough conditions make for better skiers Laughing

The day was warmer than originally forecast but the snow level has dropped slightly this afternoon to about 2000m and with more snow & lower temperatures forecast for the next few days hopfully we will get some snow in the village Little Angel
snow report
stewart woodward,

Great news - 3 of us are out with Mountainsun on 25th Nov Very Happy Very Happy

4 weeks and counting !
snow report
From the SCGB website:-

Storm brings snow to the Alps
Wednesday 29 October 2008
Heavy snow has begun to fall across many resorts in the Alps, but temperatures are set to rise again by the weekend.
Heavy snow is forecast across the French Alps, with up to 75cm expected to fall at Tignes this week and Chamonix is looking to get snow showers as low as 200m, with heavier snowfall above 500m.

75cm forecast for Tignes!! Almost 1 metre woo hoo! snowHead
snow report
Thinking of popping out for a long weekend this saturday ...so 3 quick questions (sorry I know it's the wrong thread but...)

a) What's open on the glacier at the moment? Any chance of anything else opening if conditions permit

b) I assume access is via the grand motte funicular?

c) Alpaka - are you open? how does one get round from le lac to the funicular (I assume the peak season buses won't be running)

Cheers

bb
snow report
Snow down to 1800 at least. Rumours they are attempting to open 3M. the lift was moving earlier. Vis not great, but we could get around fine today. Where is the smug smiley???

snowHead
snow report
bertie bassett wrote:
how does one get round from le lac to the funicular (I assume the peak season buses won't be running)

Buses do run, although I'm not sure they are quite so frequent or run quite so late at night as during the regular season.
snow report
red 27 wrote:
VolklAttivaS5, lay off the pies you... they won't let you on the bus to Tignes

Isn't she in training for the lardy bus then?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy