Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Witty retorts

Poster: A snowHead
Lizzard wrote:
boabski, turning a Scots accent up three notches always scares people. I have no idea why, but it comes in handy now and then. Laughing

Same thing with an American accent, loudly aksing why someone thinks he's so much better than the rest of us that he can just ski right on while we all wait.

I was flying out of Amsterdam this summer to New York. They are boarding by row, as they do, and when my row is called I get into line (I know, I'm the only one who waits). So the line progresses until there is only one person between me and the ticket taker. The woman ahead of me (and now at the front of the line) just stops. She got in line before her row was called, and noe she is planning on simply standing there backing up the line behind her. I pause for a moment, waiting for her to do something, anything (try to get on anyway, move aside, drop dead), but she just stands there blocking the way as the line builds up. That's when I ask the ticket taker if "this f---king women is getting on the plane or not?" The woman gave me a horrified, "how dare you speak about be like that" look, so I told her she ought to wait her turn next time, and that the plane won't be leaving until we're all on it anyway.

I hate flying. I much rather stand in a lift line.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I like the loud Scottish things, everyone tends to look at you like you have pissed on their kids but hell, it works.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
arv, bagpipes?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
laundryman, of course. Haggis also. They scream like hell when they fall.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty, Mr Avago's favorite response to anyone who is out of order is "how are you going to pick your teeth up with broken fingers?"
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Avago, Nice one! Laughing

How's about:
"Were you born a prat/@rsehole etc. (use choice of alternative insult here), or did you have to practice being one?"
Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I always find that truly creative swears manage to both shame the object of your wrath but also serve to amuse the watching masses. I generally work the Two Column Principle. Take an expletive from Column A below, then add a word from Column B. This allows you to be UNFEASIBLY rude to someone, but with your tongue lodged in your cheek far enough so as to not appear uncouth to observers:

Code:

COLUMN A        COLUMN B

f**k               stick
c***               features
c**k               jockey
kn*b               felcher
s**t               face
p***k              brain
spack              cowboy

Of course, as Nadenoodlee has shown, the only truly nuclear way to do it is to allege some truly unspeakable act. My personal favourite is "I was reading in the Telegraph yesterday that 100% of queue-jumpers are sexually-tilted in favour of sleeping with the dead", but certainly a loud exclamation that "he's only in a hurry because he heard that the first hundred people to the top get bummed by a wolf" seems to work. And failing that, BRUTAL VIOLENCE.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

That's when I ask the ticket taker if "this f---king women is getting on the plane or not?"

But isn't that to behave just as badly and offend the people around you into the bargain? Why not just stay on the high ground and ask her politely to stand aside?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Look, I wasn't trying to be funny (well I thought you might smile at least) but there really is no point other than to make you feel better which says more about you than about the person pushing in. ami in berlin,
Quote:
and that the plane won't be leaving until we're all on it anyway.
Says it all really.

Classic British attitude IMO (outraged of St. Albans NehNeh ) Just chill and enjoy your skiing.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My redneck uncle from Tennessee was being jostled by a couple of priests to be first off an airplane. He planted his elbows on the seats either side of the aisle. One of them said "excuse me we've an important meeting to get to" He said "I'm sorry, you've mistaken me for someone who gives a s--t".

I rather like that.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tale from my local rugby club but translates well to the lift queue bandit (but probably only if female); an impatient well dressed (for the races) guest at a function in the main room marched into the relatively quiet members' lounge and elbowed her way to the bar, complaining about the awful service from idiotic girls and demanding two large G&Ts in a VERY loud voice and with a farback accent. First XI captain was next to her and in the middle of ordering a large round, he turned and said with a polite smile on his face and loudly enough for all to hear, "You must have a really posh tw@t". She fled to the loos and left shortly after in a taxi. Not an urban myth, friend's daughter was the barmaid. Not as good as pam w's expensive hot dog story though.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

She fled to the loos

to have a look for herself, presumably?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nadenoodlee

I like the shock value of yours, I think its something the rest of the lift queue will really appreciate.

pam w, Great story, I bet your pleased you did'nt reach down to stroke him (the DOG).

There seems to be quite a bit of physical aggression out there though, I want to humiliate not pummell, I want everyone else in the lift queue laughing and pointing at the impolite moron/s... (and at the same time look cool myself for coming up with something witty in a nanosecond Very Happy )
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
we were skiing in aix les thermes, after lunch were queing for the lift. Some people who thought that they owned the resort skiied past and pushed in. At which a french man said " get back in the queue, where do you think you are, the alpes? " Magic, they crept back Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

I bet your pleased you did'nt reach down to stroke him (the DOG).

absolutely. Shocked What a thought. Afterwards, I really felt quite shaken, and initially rather foolish about my reply, not to mention glad that the two old ladies came along so I was not on my own in the dark with this d*ck head. And his dog. But - inadvertently - I had probably done the best possible thing. I've wondered since whether he realised I'd only had eyes for his dog.
ski holidays
FastEddie wrote:
"he's only in a hurry because he heard that the first hundred people to the top get bummed by a wolf"

Excellent. Smile
ski holidays
Quote:

Tale from my local rugby club

Quote:

First XI captain

They should get more players
ski holidays
Where I used to work there was a very heated argument between 2 guys.
As it neared its conclusion the 1st guy said "do you think you are some sort of Psyschologist or something"
To which the 2nd guy retorted "No, I'm a gynocologist and I know a C#~@ when I see one"

There upon the argument ended.
snow conditions
arlberg, That is brilliant
ski holidays
Not necessarily ski related but the best put down I've read was from an very daper, old gentleman who opened a door for a female chav, double buggy in hand, weigh laid with Primark bags. She didn't thank or even acknowledge that the gentleman had done her a favour by opening the door. His response

"Madam, I have opened this door for you not because you are a lady, but because I am a gentleman!!"

What a fantastic line. Problem is that it was probably water off a duck's back for the chav
snow report
Sleipnir, that's brilliant!
snow report
Sleipnir, love it!
ski holidays
Boris,
I know, I know - I suddenly realised in work today and then hoped no-one would notice. And I did Latin to O level! Embarassed
snow report
Quote:

"Look at this bloke, he farts higher than his @rsehole"
Puzzled Puzzled

Would I be offended if I was French then??!! Don't want to learn the phrase if not!!

I once thought I'd heard that the French word for 't*@t' was "canard" - but later found it wasn't quite that..... Turns out it that "conard" (spelling may be wrong) was the word I was after........and that "canard" means "duck" Shocked Eeeee!! The British abroad eh??
snow report
mountainaddict, This phrase has often been the topic of conversation with french friends and colleagues and yes, if you were french you would be offended. Laughing
snow report
One for if someone nicks your space in a car park
As they get out of the car ask if they have a foot pump as they will need one for when they get back to the car
You don't say any more but it will worry them
Only did it once and they left the car park after a few minutes without ever leaving the car Twisted Evil
snow report
Many years ago a freind of mine was the lift attendant on a Poma, having spotted someone queue jumping he would leave his nice warm hut and politely hand them the poma...wait until the spring tensioned then kick the toe of their boot which released the binding, whilst helping them to their feet an eplanation was then given as to how they should queue in future. Laughing
ski holidays
Dypcdiver, Very Happy nice one. in the way you hope all liftie's are. recently got skied over by some idiots who thought it would be fine to charge through the queue to get to their friends who were further up in the queue. really wish this thread had been started before i left so i could use some of the lines on here hehe.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
But having barged through, why do they always hang around when they get to the top ?
snow report
mountainaddict, I have been known to speak Franglais from time to time, I once asked for a salade verte "erm erm erm sans preservatif" which I was hoping would be without dressing, it turned out to be without a condom I think... oh how they laughed
ski holidays
sherlock235, Why do people think its ok to push through when they have friends/family up ahead ? Why dont they just go to the back with the new arrivals Toofy Grin

Its really so civilised skiing in North America Madeye-Smiley
latest report
What I find reassuring from this thread is how many lifties appear to know how to redress the balance.

I sometimes think your lifties gets a rum deal, he must have a fairly mundane existence with the routine nature of most lifts, sat in his hut, probably a tad cold feet at times and I often think it would be so easy for them to develop the 'could I less?' attitude of your average checkout person (but, even then who can blame even them - I certainly wouldn't want the job, so hats off to them whatever their attitude and an acknowledgement that even amongst checkout staff there are those that try to make as much of the job as possible). However, from what I have seen of lifties they usually care a lot about their role - they see more than I ever expect them to, to the little kids they pass a poma, watch them up, stop it when people fall, keep a stack of lost poles for later retreival, on the chairs they slow it down for the obviously nervous, the small kids, stop it completely when someone misses, and clearly from this thread they watch their queue and have a sense of fair play. I thought so when someone reported on that thread a while back of the chap that removed the 'pushers' skis from the back of the gondola, but I think I feel compelled to say 'a big 'thumbs up' for your average liftie 'you're doing a great job folks'. Although not so practical in a large resort in our tiny Swiss resort where you tend to know the small team that make your holiday work I always make sure that there are English biscuits and tea bags for the 'team' when we leave.
ski holidays
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:

"Look at this bloke, he farts higher than his @rsehole"
Puzzled Puzzled

Would I be offended if I was French then??!! Don't want to learn the phrase if not!!

I once thought I'd heard that the French word for 't*@t' was "canard" - but later found it wasn't quite that..... Turns out it that "conard" (spelling may be wrong) was the word I was after........and that "canard" means "duck" Shocked Eeeee!! The British abroad eh??

"peter plus haut que son cul" means that the person thinks he/she above, better than the rest...above their stations...

And you're right about "conard" which kind of is "one up" from "con".

Frosty,

Preservatif is indeed condom.... Laughing
snow conditions
Megamum, why, exactly, is it that you consider supermarket/shop staff to be the lowest of the low?
ski holidays
Lizzard wrote:
Megamum, why, exactly, is it that you consider supermarket/shop staff to be the lowest of the low?

Yeah, surely that honour belongs to traffic cops?!

bleah!
snow conditions
Once saw a guy pop a binding as a teenager pushed his way through. Little Angel
Not ski-ing but a similar situation of queue jumping.
While in the Czech Republic and stood in a queue waiting to be served BBQ food, an huge German man walked straight to the front and started helping himself. When he was challenged to stop and return the the rear of the queue he said:-

"You English are too polite. When you see something you want, you should just go and take it!"

My friends retort was:- "What? Like Poland !" Shocked

As expected the ignorant guy just carried eating but everyone else was creased up laughing. Even the Czechs and Polish (after a little translation) appreciated the sentiment. Needless to say my friend didnt buy a drink all night!
latest report
Lizzard wrote:

Is there any reason you might think she does?
ski holidays
alex_heney,
mmmm, I do but I'm sure megamum didn't mean it the way it may have been interpreted by some folk or to say that lifties and/or checkout operators are the lowest of the low.
snow report
halfhand, I agree, what goes around comes around, their gondola may fall off or something Skullie
snow report
I suppose it may be a 'glass half full' approach, but i picked up more on:-
Quote:
I certainly wouldn't want the job, so hats off to them whatever their attitude...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy