Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

austria,france or switzerland for fab ski trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're going here www.postlech.com
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Husband Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arlberg is on the right, next to Strolz hire. Strolz main shop is on the left . Hotel Post is the pink coloured hotel on the left. The photo was taken in January 2005.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
erica2004, OMG the Post Hotel looks amazing. Unfortunately funds don't extend to that this year, nor the Montana Crying or Very sad
snow report
 brian
brian
I've never been to Lech so I'd have gone there too, good choice Very Happy

Of the other 3 I'd have gone for Zermatt. Courchevel is probably the skiers' choice, Wengen for the trainspotter, Zermatt for great skiing plus non-skiing plus the best on mountain dining anywhere plus ...

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boabski, Bridget Jones stayed there 'The Edge of Reason'. I'd better take my big pants. Anyway, it's our 25th wedding anniversary so we're treating ourselves. And yes, I've earned it. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
p.s. I love skiing over at Stuben and it's easy to access St.Anton. We'll probably stay in Zug next time - very pretty. The only downside is that hideous lift up to the Palmen Alpen.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
erica2004, I'm sure your husband will be absolutely delighted having spent a small fortune getting to Lech for your 25th and you take big pants with you Laughing Two of my fave runs on St Anton go into Stuben, so I'm sure we'll all be happy. Will undoubtedly manage a couple of days around Lech and the kids will be desparate to do the toboggan run (and secretly so will I)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boabski, thanks for all your advice, we have finally booked the montana, but had to go for a week later, and now we cant wait !!!!!!!!,
p.s. if we fancy a wild night out in st anton, where do you recommend and what time is the last taxi home, so we can get back up to oberlech ???
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Neilski,

How wild do you want it. St Anton has it all.

If you wander down the main pedestrian "High St" there is a bar approximately every 15 metres. Most are hidden down stairwells and you can't see/hear them but they are there.

The Piccadilly & Funky Chicken are for the younger people. There are I believe 2 "night clubs" one in the same building as Piccadilly the "Post Keller" the doors come off the same foyer. The other night club I believe is the Kandahar or St Anton and is almost opposite the "Piccadilly" on the High St.

Earlier in the evening the Mooserwirt is slightly up the mountain (you can get there by taxi) is a unique place where like other bars opens for apres ski from 1530 and transforms into a disco on the slopes. It is in the Guinness book of records selling more beer in the ski season than any other bar.

A quieter but lovely rustic bar is the "Underground on the Piste" next to the ski museum on the side of the piste just above the bottom of the Galzig lift. You should also see and admire the beautiful architecture of the Galzig lift station.

Further down the High St are "Bo Bos" and "Bar Cuba".

Harrys Taxis is the local taxi firm I think they will operate until very late, give them a call +43 5446 2315.

PS. Book and have lunch at the Hospiz Alm in St Christoph (Taxi Ride away), probably the best wine cellar in any of the Austrian ski resorts. When you go down to the toilets you slide down a wooden slide at the side of the stairs.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Neilski, Well done and wow, can't believe you took me up on my recommendations. You will love it - really nice atmos in hotel, coupled with stunning setting etc....

Our tyical day in St Anton would start around 3pm in Griabli, just opposite Mooserwirt for a couple of beers (Kaiser my favourite pint) - good tip is to park your skis at the back of the Griabli as there will literally be thousands of skis etc outside the Moos and Griabli. Then head over to Mooserwirt as you can't go there without sampling it. Stay there for a couple of hours (at least) then ski down to town in dark - effing hilarious (or if you're without skis you could always turn of of the benches into a people carrier by turning upside down Toofy Grin ). Head to Postkellar (below Post Hotel in main Street) to see Gunar - German musician/singer. Think he is on from 5 to around 7.30. Place is absolutely jumping and is great fun - plays great tunes that everyone sings along to. Once he's finished head to Funky Chicken for some food to sober up a bit - about 9-10 Euros for curry, or you could go to Pomodoro (same building) for great pizza etc - again very reasonable. Funky Chicken starts rocking around 10ish and is crammed for a couple of hours. For me anyway that is pretty much the perfect end to a days skiing, then do it all over again the following day Razz

You can get a taxi from St Anton to Lech - well into the night, then get the cable car up to Oberlech (last one around 1am I think). There are underground tunnels though and I THINK the taxi could go up if you miss, but I've never been that late whilst staying in Oberlech.

Have never been to Hospiz Alm but has a fantastic rep. We often lunch at Berghaus Stuben in Stuben for great Rosti/Pizzas/gulaschsuppe. Oh I can't wait to head off there too. Don't know if you'll be there for St Patricks day or not but it usually full of Irish too and adds to the great atmosphere.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boabski,thanks again for your advice, it was the vibe of the place that settled it for me, the alberg looked fantastic as well, but thoght the montana was more chilled, just had some promotional stuff through from the montana , it does look exactly what we were looking for, may have a few more questions re ski lessons/hire/passes etc .
unfortunatly we wont be there for paddy's day but will enjoy the craick anytime snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes, Courchevel is expensive, but the 3V offers fantastic skiing. Just try to be in the Meribel valley for lunch wink
IMO, Wengen is perhaps better suited for non-skiers. I stayed in the family-run Alpenrose hotel many years ago, but it may have changed hands... excellent service
Unfortunately, Zermatt and Lech are still on my "to do" list
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy