Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

NEED NEW SKIS- Kneissl Ergo last ski

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there!

I am taking a career gap and going to ski for 10 weeks with a view to doing my BASI 3 at the end of it. To make life easier on myself I have decided to do a gap ski course so I'm not going to have much time to be calling into ski shops and testing out skis when I get there. Therefore I now have the task of trying to find a pair of skis to bring with me. I am just wondering if anyone can help with this?

My details are- I'm female, 5'9 tall, 60kg (about 9 and half stone). Ski style- not really agressive- more of technical skier. I am advanced but my achilles (which I hope to well and truly eliminate) are tight mogules and deep powder. I can ski a bit too tall at times too.

My current skis are Kneissl Ergo racers which I love but are a 'few' years old now!! I really liked them because they had some give (dont like really stiff skis) and they pretty much threw a good hand at any condition or slope. Kneissl seem to have almost dissappeared ..

Could anyone suggest any skis for me?!!

Thanks

CC

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 31-12-04 17:49; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
CC, try some K2s (Burnin' Luv) and the Volkl Gammas. You might also like the Fischer RX8 or the Atomic M:b5 in the 152 (although that's a real new style ski that may have characteristics that you didn't like in "pure carving skis").
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ssh wrote:
CC, try some K2s (Burnin' Luv) and the Volkl Gammas. You might also like the Fischer RX8 or the Atomic M:b5 in the 152 (although that's a real new style ski that may have characteristics that you didn't like in "pure carving skis").
Kneissl are alive and well, just reinvented with a fantastic new range of skis, all wood core and the majority hand made!

They have a young enthusiastic team running the factory and the skis are beautifully made and have awesome performance.

If you are looking for forgiving and versatile, have a look for Black Star XC or Blue Star AC.

You can find them on www.kneissl-uk.com and if you ring you may get them in the end of season sale for half price!

They are just being re introduced to the UK after an absence of 27 years and will be promoted at the various exhibitions and shows and ski tests around the UK snowdomes, hopefully in conjuction with Snowheads! snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmm, the nasty rumour running through town last month was that Kneissl has gone bust???
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tim McCann, I would sack your web designer.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
My very first skis were a pair of 205cm Kneissls so I've kinda got a soft spot for them but I see their website names one of their latest models "Rock Star".

Strange name for a pair of skis Confused
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the_doc, not in Kufstein Austria it wasn't - seemed to be running as normal when I went by last week. And remember, skis are not their only product. There is certainly nothing about their imminent demise in our local press (I live just a short distance away) either.

But then looking at your links, perhaps a wee bit of bad news about a competitor maybe worth circulating? wink Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

perhaps a wee bit of bad news about a competitor maybe worth circulating?

Yeah, I know things come across starnge on the internet but I sincerely hope that was intended as a joke because I find that personally very insulting. Kneissl is in no way a competitor to Whitedot and I certainly would not hope for someone else's dream to "demise" for whatever reason. Check out any number of forums (epic for example had threads on it dating from late last year) and there has been news like this for a while so to say I'm trying to circulate this is ridiculous.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
defo not gone 'kaput'- had internal issues form what i was told but all hunky dory now and pressing ahead with production and new catalogue on their site with quite funky new rock stars.Cant wait to try as their skis are dam good.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
the_doc wrote:
Quote:

perhaps a wee bit of bad news about a competitor maybe worth circulating?

Yeah, I know things come across starnge on the internet but I sincerely hope that was intended as a joke because I find that personally very insulting. Kneissl is in no way a competitor to Whitedot and I certainly would not hope for someone else's dream to "demise" for whatever reason. Check out any number of forums (epic for example had threads on it dating from late last year) and there has been news like this for a while so to say I'm trying to circulate this is ridiculous.
The Rock Stars are their powder skis and they do rock! There's a few people I know had them this season and they loved them!
rolling eyes
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kneissl have defn not gone bust. We ( Kneissl UK) will this season bring the range to the UK so watch this space- ski testing being planned with the chaps at snow heads so please come and have a ski, plus test days in the Alps as so as we can. pls anyone email if interested in the range

ris...quite agree about the site...new one in prodcution
tim mccann ..thanks for your comments
samerberg Sue...thanks, and if you want a blast on them let us know
limey off piste ...thanks ditto comment to sue
doc...have a good season
rgds all
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kneissl UK, My main complaint about the website was that the catalogues all seem to be in flash, what is wrong with PDF ?

Atomic seem to have done the same for next season.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Has any one tried the new Kneissl range? I was lucky enough to gate crash their ski test in Soll this march and I thought the new Red Star SC was good enough for slalom competition! The other ski which impressed me was the Black Star XC, totally versatile and up for anything I could throw at it! Certainly not gone bust!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rjs wrote:
Kneissl UK, My main complaint about the website was that the catalogues all seem to be in flash, what is wrong with PDF ?

Atomic seem to have done the same for next season.

Yep I was just trying to print the Catalogue off so that I could go and read it in my fav cubicle
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bob,
" my fav cubicle" far too much info lol.....

please PM us and we will email you a pdf.
snow conditions
Ladderjack,
we were there too- shame we missed chatting to you, next time....and thanks for the plug
ski holidays
the_doc, no slur inferred, just a wee bit of fun - hence the smilies at the end of the comment to show everyone I was just mucking about.

Kneissl UK, if you can let the locals know I'll definitely take up an option to test drive anything on offer as long as it is in my size (I'm short round and female and used to love skiing on the White Stars in the 70s and 80s). Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Samerberg Sue,
pm me yor email address and we will sort out a ski for you when the snow comes
ski holidays
Rock Star looks like a good daily driver for EU offpiste, but £750??
latest report
Seems we've suddenly got a Kneissel love in going on. I take it you're aiming at the Kastle end of the market with the relaunch?
snow report
clarky999,
yes but still a hand made ski with a wooden core and will out perform and last for yrs. Give them a go - you will be pleasantly surprised
snow conditions
clarky999, Or 7 pairs of Coreupts - take your pick.

Hmm Kastle MX 98 132-98-117

Kneissel Rockstar 129-98-116

Neither very wide by modern standards, both premium priced
snow report
fatbob,
new rock stars will be 145-108-129.5 ( 191 cm) with a much set back 'contact point' so they float more in pow
snow report
Kneissl UK wrote:
clarky999,
yes but still a hand made ski with a wooden core and will out perform and last for yrs. Give them a go - you will be pleasantly surprised

My Moments are handmade, they were 650 (US) dollars. For £750 I'd be expecting DPS style carbon fun tbh.
latest report
I don't have a problem paying top dollar for top notch kit, but what is it about the Kneissl that makes it better than the many similar skis at much lower prices? Shape isn't anything new, neither is using a wood core or the other materials, neither is being handmade...
latest report
Aren't all skis "handmade" anyway? - I'm sure I've seen videos of Dynastar and Atomic factories where they are laying up the material by hand
ski holidays
Kneissl UK, If you are interested in the observation from a passer by, out of sheer 'I've never heard of this mob before' curiosity I clicked on that weblink in the thread above. In terms of website design, I looked at the home page I had landed on and thought, "eh, is this the correct site?". It said Kneissel, but not a lot more. The word snow occurs high up in the top RH corner, but apart from that there was nothing to suggest what type of company you were and no idea of the industries that you supported. This might be worth reconsidering the next time the website is re-worked.
latest report
fatbob wrote:
Aren't all skis "handmade" anyway? - I'm sure I've seen videos of Dynastar and Atomic factories where they are laying up the material by hand

I'm don't really know tbh... I think I've seen the Atomic video though, and seem to remember it being just their race room stuff?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Link to the Atomic vid anyone?
snow report
Megamum,
Thanks for the comments agreed and under way. Once new site done we will let everyone know
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy