Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Return of the Weather Outlook Thread

Poster: A snowHead
00z and 06z - others seem to be joining in the trend for a warming event from 13th March onwards, the day I arrive Sad

Prob 50/50 split between above average and below average temps (+8 or -Cool, with chance of precipation around the 11th when the temps are still cold...

Cheers,

Greg
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ah the one in switzerland i presume. have fun.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, the 13th is the day we leave. Are you getting deja vu here b wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
noooo, i get to la plagne there on the 14th March! i want it to stay cold, need more wigglie analysis!

it's fear of the unknown mostly, have never done any spring skiing, any good?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DrE, March 14th in La Plagne is barely spring. yes, it is ace.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
DrE wrote:
noooo, i get to la plagne there on the 14th March! i want it to stay cold, need more wigglie analysis!

it's fear of the unknown mostly, have never done any spring skiing, any good?

I am at the limit of my knowledge now, need the real experts!

Spring skiing is my favourite. you either get fantastic powder or lovely spring snow and mostly both.

Occasionally it may be a little icy in the morning, and slushy in the afternoon, but modern skis are great fun in soft snow Smile

cheers,

Greg
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski, Latest wigglies showing slightly cooling trend compared to the last few runs.Would you aggree?
Still slightly up for 13/14th but maybe dropping a touch after that,although again theres still no real agreement yet. Not too much in the way of precipitation so hopefully it will be good for you and me.
I love the prospects of snow and low temps in the run up to a trip,but if temps are marginal as they are at present I would rather see little or no chance of precipitation rather than risk a wet day Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I would rather see little or no chance of precipitation rather than risk a wet day

wouldn't we all? Local forecast here is now falling line with snow-forecast (which has been very accurate of late) with some snow tomorrow and Tuesday, and lower temperatures. A few warm days is hardly a disaster. Today was pretty warm - fantastic, gorgeous day, snow down to 1000m in the Arly Valley great. Anyone going fairly high over the next few weeks really needn't worry. Sitting outside in the sun, with snow still on the trees from the previous snowfall, takes some beating.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

I would rather see little or no chance of precipitation rather than risk a wet day

wouldn't we all? Local forecast here is now falling line with snow-forecast (which has been very accurate of late) with some snow tomorrow and Tuesday, and lower temperatures. A few warm days is hardly a disaster. Today was pretty warm - fantastic, gorgeous day, snow down to 1000m in the Arly Valley great. Anyone going fairly high over the next few weeks really needn't worry. Sitting outside in the sun, with snow still on the trees from the previous snowfall, takes some beating.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w wrote:
..........snow-forecast (which has been very accurate of late)........

Blasphemy Laughing keep going like this and you'll loose your brownies "Wiggly Reader" badge.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rogg, carried on being accurate too - with continued snow overnight and today. Well, not very accurate I suppose because we've had around three times the amount forecast. snowHead snowHead snowHead Snow-forecast will be accurate whenever a straightforward computer modelling of the GFS information is accurate, I suppose - in other words, when no clever human minds (cleverer than mine) are needed to underline the fact that forecasting is an art as well as a science! Cold - around -4 at 1550m, when this time yesterday it was around 14.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
well pam w, at least it's a good (snowy) sort of blasphemy.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Very windy today in southwest Switzerland.

All of Saas Fee 100% closed Mon.

May stay windy for another coupla days.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi, Anyone willing to have a stab at forecasting the weather/conditions in Tignes next week?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
tobymory, as Tignes is high at 2100m you should get a good dump of snow on Sunday which should set it up nicely for nextweek.
Anyhow if you ski mainly pistes, the conditions should be the best you've had in many a year.
For Sunday lower resorts are marginal as the snowline seems to be fluctuating around 1850m so it could fall as rain Evil or Very Mad .
I dont think you will get much more snow next week, or wall to wall sunshine ,more sunny intervals and some grey flat light days.
Hows that Smile
snow conditions
hedley, thank you! In Tignes as well next week and had attempted to decipher wiggles.

My only concern is the "high" temperatures on Friday and Saturday, but happier now I see it cools down a bit...

Woo hoo Very Happy
ski holidays
more weather speculation for next week, i demand (ask nicely for) more weather speculation!

in the vicinity of La Plagne if possible.

how much snow potential is there for Sunday? how many cm we talking?
ski holidays
I am nothing more than a beginner, but guessing about 2cm?

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?x=&y=&ext=1&run=0&lat=45.3&lon=6.41&type=0

Am sure someone will be along with a better estimate shortly Blush
latest report
Looks like Sundays Snow/Rain may be a non event now, on the latest runs. Sad Just shows how quickly things can change.Spring is showing its hand but temps are not silly high and there really is a huge amount of snow about ,plenty for everyone.
latest report
does this mean what I think it means !!

http://www.wzkarten.de/pics/MS_745_ens.png

going to Meribel on 21st

plunging temps and wiggly precipitation line

yippee
snow conditions
fuego wrote:

going to Meribel on 21st

yippee

You thnik that one looks good?

I'm off to the Ski Welt on the 21st, and this is the one for there

http://91.121.93.17/pics/MS_1247_ens.png

It looks likley that temps will be staying pretty low between now and when I leave, with possibly a few more bits of snow. Smile
snow report
fairfield_munchkin wrote:
I am nothing more than a beginner, but guessing about 2cm?

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?x=&y=&ext=1&run=0&lat=45.3&lon=6.41&type=0

Am sure someone will be along with a better estimate shortly Blush

The charts always show mm of rain. 20mm of rain would equate to approx 20cm of snow. A pleasant dump, in anyone's book snowHead

*edit to add* the 26th (two weeks away) is too far away to take seriously although I have been looking at the synoptics as I'm off to Andorra on the 29th. They show the Pyrenees getting the **** kicked out of it, starting on the 20th. All sites seem to be showing major snow events across Europe in the 4th week of March, so lets hope they are right, even if only partially.
snow report
fuego wrote:

going to Meribel on 21st

yippee

and

1. *WAY* Too far way to be meaningful.
2. lots of disagreement from the models.
snow report
bar shaker, sorry...I may be confused. I thought DrE was looking at this sunday (the 15th)? Hence the 2cm blip rather than the (possibly wishful) 20cm dump shown for the 'distant future'.

Apols... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
latest report
Anybody like to hazard a forecast for Les Arcs, this Saturday onwards? Thank you.
ski holidays
Hurtle, all good next week - mild and sunny! We are the lucky ones snowHead Very Happy
latest report
red 27, goody! Thanks, and have a good time. Very Happy
snow conditions
Hurtle, backatcha - I am taking the laptop so will try to update/wind up those SH's who are not enjoying the best week of the best season in the best resort - like we are! Are you staying in rob@rar's place?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
red 27, Very Happy I am indeed staying at Rob's. Never been to le Paradiski, so am much looking forward.
snow report
Does anyone know the wiggles for Zermatt?
snow report
eithnem, Zermatt is Latitude 46, longtitude 07 (to the nearest degree in each case), so this should be it

http://91.121.93.17/pics/MS_746_ens.png
latest report
fairfield_munchkin wrote:
bar shaker, sorry...I may be confused. I thought DrE was looking at this sunday (the 15th)? Hence the 2cm blip rather than the (possibly wishful) 20cm dump shown for the 'distant future'.

Apols... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Its far more likely that I got it wrong.
latest report
Looks like a bit of a cooling trend over the next few days (although the degree of cooling has reduced over the last three runs). Then some interesting looking precip towards the end of the month, just in time for my next trip.
latest report
Any chance of snow in tignes between now and 21st?
What about the week 21-28, thats when im there. Will it be snowing every night and sunshine every day? Very Happy wink
snow report
adamtheyido wrote:
What about the week 21-28, thats when im there. Will it be snowing every night and sunshine every day? Very Happy wink

Tignes is 45' 28" N, 6'54" E so nearest graph is http://91.121.93.17/pics/MS_745_ens.png. Looks promising from the 21st but forecasts are forecasts so you'll have to wait a few more days before a more accurate outlook is possible.
ski holidays
Looks like there's still some precip forecast for end of month. Off to Cervinia 28th March so hoping for some freshies.
latest report
Its closer now guys, anyone have any news for me regarding tignes please? Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Still looking to get colder next week with fresh snow from Weds/Thurs onwards.
ski holidays
adamtheyido wrote:

little chance of fresh snow I'd say based on the latest GFS runs, looks like it will cool down from the 20th, but warm up again from the 22nd/23rd. Looks like classic spring weather, warm days, cool nights.

A hint of maybe something around the week after, but too far away to be meaningful.........
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:

A hint of maybe something around the week after, but too far away to be meaningful.........

A HINT??? Shocked - looks like knee deep powder to me!!....

I can dream!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy