Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Return of the Weather Outlook Thread

Poster: A snowHead
especially as the slopes will be so much quieter. snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pam w, your right there, hopefully less tracks off piste as well
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yay! 6 days and counting... Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Going to La Thuile on Saturday. Carled/Brian, am I allowed to feel royally optimistic about the predicted snowfalls from this Weds onwards? Little Angel
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cathy wrote:
stewart , the wigglies show computer model forecasting of a whole area, regardless of local variations, altitude etc. So they're good for seeing trends, not for showing 'Tignes will have 6 cm tomorrow' Very Happy

Aaah i see now. If it snows it was forecast, if it does not snow it was just a general trend wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stewart woodward wrote:
Aaah i see now. If it snows it was forecast, if it does not snow it was just a general trend wink

You got it!! Laughing Laughing I have a trend of snow coming up for the end of this week/beg of next - I hope it becomes a forecast wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm not liking the latest GFS wigglies Sad 11th march onwards a massive spike in temps,Freezing levels up to 2700m. Shocked the other models dont seem to concur so lets hope its just a blip and will dissapear on the next runs.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hedley, but there's nothing like a nice warm day after some fresh new snow! Sitting in a deckchair, surrounded by mounds of the stuff. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, I quite agree lets look on the positive side.Pistes will still be fantastic,Off Piste Freeze/Thaw and cruddy. Sad It will disapear on the next runs i'm sure.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
hedley wrote:
I'm not liking the latest GFS wigglies Sad 11th march onwards a massive spike in temps,Freezing levels up to 2700m. Shocked the other models dont seem to concur so lets hope its just a blip and will dissapear on the next runs.

You often get a mad outlier like that one.....the worry is if the other runs start to follow it and agree.....
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yep its calmed down a bit on the 06z..There is a 20degree difference Shocked between high and low temps ,so no runs agree at present.
Lets see what the 12z brings to the party.
Im off to Verbier on the 14th so am glued to all the weather sites at the mo.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
why is there such a difference between the green - operational - run and the control run: indeed the operational run seems almost an outlier on the current charts Puzzled
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hedley wrote:
Yep its calmed down a bit on the 06z..There is a 20degree difference Shocked between high and low temps ,so no runs agree at present.
Lets see what the 12z brings to the party.

For the Ski Welt http://91.121.93.17/pics/MS_1247_ens.png the 12z isn't looking bad, apart from the operational being off on it's own little fantasy trip (as Carled put it last week) for a couple of days.

But still not much agreement beyond the 15th (not that there usually is that far out).

One thing I have never been ure of - I know that the prediction is for a particular pressure level rather than an exact altitude, but roughly what height does that level correspond to?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
alex_heney, the 850 Hpa shows temps at around the 1500/1600m mark AFAIAW.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well the GFS is holding strong on the warm theme by mid next week on the 18z
check the temps in SW France Shocked

ski holidays
norris, Austria, most of Switzerland and the Dolomites definitely looking better than France or Western Italy there. Andorra not looking remotely good.
snow conditions
Temps still all over the place on the 18z for Geneva.
http://www.wzkarten.de/pics/MT8_Genf_ens.png
ski holidays
10cm of freshies in Murren this morning. Still snowing. Skiable still to Lauterbrunnen at 2k feet.
snow report
Chamonix meteo forecasting quite a lot of snow today and tomorrow, on top of what's fallen overnight. They're generally about right.
snow report
sod off snow.. i want it sunny and warm from next weds please
latest report
CANV CANVINGTON, I think you'll get your wish on warm, and maybe sunny too.
ski holidays
oh npam w, dont say that...we are of to st gervais on Sat 14, i need it to stay cool seeing that it's low. Maybe it will be a short high temp'blip. Seeks re assurance....hahaha
snow report
andyjc, I wouldn't worry. The 14th is over a week away. Nobody knows what the weather will be doing. And if it does turn out to be pretty warm, it's after a long spell of cold and snow, and the conditions should be fine for your week.
snow report
pam w wrote:
CANV CANVINGTON, I think you'll get your wish on warm, and maybe sunny too.

I wouldn't be so sure, some runs are looking that way, others are showing 10 degrees cooler, so still too far away to say.
snow report
Can't believe my luck. Fresh snow still falling in Courmayeur today. I arrive on Sunday when it's due to clear up and become sunny. Finally somebody up there likes me... Very Happy
snow conditions
pam w, thanks for that...I feel better again now! if not,there is always Les Contamines.
snow conditions
I will be skiing in St Martin de Bellville on 23 April 2012 will there be snow ?
ski holidays
Smokin Joe, certainly below 1005m
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What's going on with GFS? Wigglies on acid for a couple of days, then no update since the 06Z chart. I want new wigglies, and proper cold ones at that. Mad
latest report
Smokin Joe wrote:
I will be skiing in St Martin de Bellville on 23 April 2012 will there be snow ?

Is that the venue for EoSB?? wink
ski holidays
i'm just about wetting myself Shocked Shocked Embarassed Embarassed arrive in ste foy on saturday for what looks to be possibly some of the best conditions I've had in 18 years. Never seem to have chosen the right week before, looks like we have this year wooooo

Been snowing constantly in Ste foy since weds night, still going by the looks of the webcams Laughing Laughing

Wigglies have settled down a bit, as predicted, colder than was forecast, skies will be clearing up nicely on saturday, little dumpete on wednesday, just really couldn't ask for anymore, thank you weather gods. Toofy Grin

Hope everyone going out next week has a fab time.
ski holidays
norris, WTF is happeing to that forecast now? -32 over parts of Austria is just silly, even if it is in the middle of the night.
snow report
neilkav, just be really, really careful if you venture off piste. Avalanche danger is generally high (e.g. Saas Fee access roads are closed because of it), although I can't comment on specifics. As the said on the radio this a.m., "don't make your best ever run your last".
ski holidays
under a new name,

Thanks, will do, week will be mainly spent with my 5 year old snowploughing, so not much chance of venturing off too far wink
ski holidays
alex_heney, next week is setting up to be perfect - Below average temps and a few small top ups of powder during the week Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
norris, top forecast..just in time for the 14th..when we hope the snow wil have had time to settle...
latest report
JT, Or get tracked out wink
ski holidays
norris, not in super secret valley A!!! Cool
ski holidays
Arno, are you off again on the 14th? give me a clue to said Valley A... Puzzled
snow report
ok, Val d'A
and it's not that super-secret really
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy