Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whos going where thread

Poster: A snowHead
Kruisler, maybe not, he has professed interest this week !
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm going to Serre Chevalier in about 20 minutes. Gonna be some fresh snow while we're out there (and fresh rain, but we'll try and stay above that!)

Will report in as and when!

Toodles.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Im going to La Plagne with a mate on 14th March - anyone wanna meet up and go boarding together?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just as I had given up on going away for a 2nd trip, I have been thrown a lifeline ! Off to Engelberg for Easter weekend to stay in my uncles new apartment .... Woot woot ! The thought of a cheeky 3 days on the slopes has perked my mood right up Razz
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nice one Debs.

I'm off to Andorra on Sunday. This is my third, but probably last, trip this year.

I am still tempted to do a one day trip... just for the craic.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
bar shaker, nice to hear that there are still some people off enjoying the snow ! Bit of a shite season hols wise for most of my mates due to money
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
my mate can not go to Val D on sunday so he has donated his week 'flight and half board'n wine' to me, so I can squeeze one more out ... so to speak ...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nice friend !
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DebbiDoesSnow,

Hey, good news! Only a couple of weeks to wait then... Cool
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rayscoops,

By respects for other you should not post on this thread... Toofy Grin
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rayscoops, what a legend you mate is Smile

Two days to go before I head off to Alpe D'Huez to shoot some film, drink booze and make some tracks - can't wait Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Specialman, last trip as a man without responsibilities wink make it a good one
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Going to Kitzbuhel on Saturday, wooooo!

Current weather valley: snowing, mountain: snowstorm.

Awesome, looking forward to hopefully some great powder days...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Going Courchevel on Monday, can't wait, I didn't think I'd be able to get away again after a cheeky few days at the bootcamp in tignes in November...its been a long wait.

It looks like they've had some fresh snow too.woo!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
i keep looking at going away for easter for a few days
im soo tempted even tho all my gear is now back in the loft
ski holidays
Kruisler wrote:
Booked flight to Toulouse early April..
So unless there is some disaster and the tons of snow currently in the Pyrenees suddenly melt away, that's me sorted for a couple more days on the mountain! yeahay! snowHead
Happy man I am, and the family won't see me much! Toofy Grin

I am in the process of moving houses, and my buyer suddenly "realised" her mortgage offer runs out the 14/04, so I have to move within the next week, cancel my trip to France or risk losing the buyer when it was all going smoothly... Mad
This was "discovered" by the estate agent of the person we're buying our new house from as she was reading a fax from our buyer's sollicitor...What the f*%k did our estate agent and sollicitors do during the last few weeks?!! roll their thumbs?

There is going to be murder if I have to cancel the trip... Evil or Very Mad
latest report
Kruisler, ooooo i feel for you... bloody estate agents/solictors/buyers !
3 years ago we lost the house we were buying 4 days before we moved due to my buyer & her solictors stalling due to her not having the money after saying she was a cash buyer, the guy we were buyin from got fed up and sold it to someone else !! Evil or Very Mad And I had dropped the price 8k just for a quick sale.... The whole industry needs sorting out... Ended up in a bedsit for months until we could find a decent rental.
The buyer should go and live with a mate or stay in a B&B until your ready, its not your fault they f*cked up !!!

fingers crossed for a suitable outcome Sad
snow conditions
DebbiDoesSnow,

well in fact it turns out the buyer, who is divorcing, gets the deposit money from her (ex) husband on completion. It is his mortgage that runs out of the 14, and legally (some "matrimonial equity exchange" cr*p..) they have to do everything the same day so she can't move out of their marital home after he gave her the money (I assume he's buying her out).
We're now hoping he can extend the offer until the 17 then we have 5 days after the trip to get ready to move...
But my wife has already decided to skip the trip because she'd be too worried about the move to enjoy the holiday. And because my parents and my little girls are really looking forward to it, we don't want to cancel it altogether..nightmare..
snow report
Kruisler, Sad
snow conditions
Kruisler, the buyer must have somewhere she can stay for a few days / week ? I bet she isn't even living in the house at the moment anyway. You can't disappoint the girls & gran & gramps, but a on the otherhand its bit unfair to let the wife do the move on her own wink
latest report
Kruisler, DebbiDoesSnow, I have asworn testimony from certain snowHeads that solicitors do a great job during conveyancing.

In my experience, this is often not the case.
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman,

You'll be pleased to hear that the quote we got from the "friend recommended" removal company has been the one very good surprised.
And consequently , we'll rpobably treat ourselves to an "all in", i.e. packing+removal+ beds de-assembly/re-assembly.
So your "colleagues" are doing you proud.
The poor sods asked us to let us know if we'd get a better quote but they are recommended and the price is good anyway so we'll go with them..We're not in the business os doing people out of every penny..

DebbiDoesSnow,
Agreed on all points...And I told the wife we'd cancel the trip altogether but she's having none of it.... I think secretly she fancies a week away from me and the girls.. Shocked

Hurtle, Like the crossd fingers! Thanks Very Happy
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:

I have asworn testimony from certain snowHeads that solicitors do a great job during conveyancing.
Some do.

Quote:

In my experience, this is often not the case
Mine too.

wink wink
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, my solictor was ok , but I wouldn't say she was great. If she had been a bit more on the ball I might not have lost the other house, I even had to make phone calls to chase people for documentation as she wasn't quick enough rolling eyes
But you pay these people to do the work for you, you have to trust them, they are after all supposed to be the 'experts' but more to the truth they are busy doing what they deem more important and lucrative work than our dull house proceedings. Never been recommended a decent one, but surveyor, now thats a different story.

Kruisler, she'll be throwing a wild house party whilst your away Twisted Evil
snow report
Kruisler,

Oh no!

Its waist deep powder out here in the Pyrenees. You have made a big sacrifice.

Just waiting for the cloud to lift and the sun is just breaking through now. Had about 4" more snow last night and its still snowing lightly.

The lifts are staying open until May and with this much snow you could still come out after the house move.

Hotel prices are 45 euros per night for 2 people half board. Much cheapness.
ski holidays
bar shaker,

Yeah I know, been reading your snow reports and I have my eyes firmly on the webcam. Looking gooood! Cool
Makes for a better view than Essex! Very Happy

The latest is my wife stays behind and I still go to Toulouse with my little girls. It still throws a bit of a spanner in the works since my mates aren't sure to be able to take days off work, so I might end up having to go on my own Sad
But hey ho.. better that than no boarding at all..
I'll decide last minute whether to aim for Grand Valira or Peyragudes which is slightly closer to me..
It will feel weird but I am sure I'll enjoy myself when surrounded by powder! snowHead
snow report
Powder fest in Val D, now back in Blighty and that is the end of my snow hols for the season, probably Wink
latest report
rayscoops, there's still a few weeks left, with your history I am sure you could squeeze in a couple more cheeky trips Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DebbiDoesSnow, please do not tempt me Very Happy but this last one was good with a 'powder on piste' final day
snow report
rayscoops, ooooo just like out Meribel trip. Maybe best to end the season on a wistful high note then ! snowHead
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, yip, I got to the top of Val D early and boarded down to Le Lac (Tignes) on powder (is that a black piste at the end?) as the first run of the day - nand the last run of the day was down a chopped up (soft) mogul filled black (the blue was shut Puzzled ) - I just love that stuff Very Happy Lots of off (side of) piste through out the day too Very Happy

I had to leave on Thursday and the other 9 of the group are still there - I even left my Flow bindings for a learner boarder in the group (he loves them), well I say learner - but he was riding the same stuff as the rest of us, just a bit slower.
snow report
rayscoops, I do hope the learner was enroled in a board school for the week and not copying your bad techniques wink

When we went to Tignes last year, my cousin took his mate after his 2nd lesson (hadnt been off the nursery slope yet) straight up the gondola and down that black mogul run before telling him what it was Shocked rolling eyes Laughing Idiotic really but apparently he done it, albeit with a terrible technique and a few face plants, without too many problems.
NOTE: I had nothing to do with this behaviour, I am only repeating the details. To prove they were not complete idiots he continued with his lessons for the rest of the week.... he was still shite Laughing
snow report
I'm off to Tignes next saturday - still loads of snow and free music festival to boot! I'm even more excited about this trip (4th this season) than I was for Val D at New year!
ski holidays
sarep, Tignes had loads of snow yesterday and conditions were exceptional
DebbiDoesSnow, we took the boader on an itinerary in Tignes where there was a big sign at the chair lift saying 'experienced skiers only' and he did well, but we popped away from the marked area and boarded out on some powder - he loved it - and was laughing when he did a double front end tumble. He did really well even with my instruction wink
snow report
I am due in Andorra on saturday, and amazingly I am starting to wish it'd stop snowing.... At this rate I won't even be able to get there!
ski holidays
Kruisler, you are set for some epic powder.

Wish I was still there!

Have a good one.
snow conditions
Never made it to Andorra as chains were required and we didn't have any. Stopped just short, in Ax-Bonascre, and still had an amazing day!!! Powder every where and hardly anyone in the resort. Huge fields of powder just for myself, lovely runs between the trees etc etc.... What a way to end the season!
snowHead Cool
snow conditions
Kruisler, nice one ! Didnt get powder but had some wonderful sunshine & soft stuff (after the sun had warmed it up !) I have even broken the mental block and have started doing jumps in the park again .. happy days snowHead
latest report
DebbiDoesSnow,

Good on you...That mental block is with me for a little while longer me thinks..
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy