Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix 2008/9

Poster: A snowHead
The snow has started Very Happy Laughing

SMALLZOOKEEPER, on another note as you mention ski test, interested to hear anyone who skis the 190 LP's (08/09).. still haven't had any first hand feedback on either side of the Atlantic in that size !
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowing in Geneva, chucking it down in Cham I hear...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alex A, http://www.freerideworldtour.com/en/

Ane Enderud, Aurelien Ducroz and the other Dynastar guys. Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Laughing I know "they" use them...you reckon they are the same though as the ones available? I tried the 186 and it's no old LP so do hope the new 190 is stiffer...

Much snow today? can't wait till i'm out Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alex A, The LP in 190 has a much unchanged flex pattern despite the change in construction, those below the 190cm are dramatically different skis. The Original LP, from the race dept and the beautiful and much sort after P14/16/18 will be making a welcome return to production shortly. Yahooooooooooooooooooooooo wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Great news Very Happy

Interestingly i found some P9 Pivots (din 14) in my loft today almost unsed Cool Silver and red ones.... They look identical to some PX15's i also have. Might use them on the new skis.

Sorry i'm doing my pet hate and talking gear on a snow conditions thread !
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alex A, My pet hate are hamsters.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Murdoch wrote:
snowing in Geneva, chucking it down in Cham I hear...

chucked it down from about 11am until 4pm ish. not snowing at the moment in Cham but what came down should have done some good.
it was starting to feel nice underfoot when they closed Le Tour out from under us, drove to Flegere which showed open runs on the board but the cable car wasn't taking anyone up, so it had to be beer o'clock. Sad

Does anyone know if we're going to get any more tonight?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
about 15 - 20 cms of fresh on Grand Montets. The Hearse and the Top were not opened. Snow was pretty windblown, but super nice pockets of creamy snow were found and skied.

All of todays tracks should be covered by tomorrow judging by the France meteo website.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
smolo wrote:
about 15 - 20 cms of fresh on Grand Montets. The Hearse and the Top were not opened. Snow was pretty windblown, but super nice pockets of creamy snow were found and skied.

All of todays tracks should be covered by tomorrow judging by the France meteo website.

bring it on Laughing

Les Tours was nice underfoot, but viz was s**t for most of the day. still that meant that even with the lifts over to Vallorcine shut you could find powder off the sides as most folks were wary of the poor light. But for nice snow you had to stay away from anywhere the wind could scour it.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
15-20cm down in town this morning, snow filled trees. Winter wonderland mode again. Nice!

Heading for the trees, although there are a few small clearance's.

Yay!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Grand Montets was top. Much of it was shut yesterday so 2 days snow untouched snowHead It was shagging down (technical meteorlogical term) with snow when i came into this bar but God knows now as that was hours ago Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
40cm in the last 24 hrs. GM was amazing today or would have been if you could see. Still a fantastic powder day, found metre deep drifts in the dream forest, more tomorrow.
If you can- get yourself out here this weekend as more snow is due.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Today they opened the top of the Grands Montets! What a day Smile

Pics....

That's what I like to see!
That's what you want to see!

The Dru and Mont Blanc with Monsieur's new powder skis
Nick's EP pro Line skis at the top of Grands Montets

Ready to go

Ready to go

In the powder - it was thigh deep in places...

Me in the powder

Happy days!
Paul - Grands Montets

The top of the Bochard lift

Top of the Bochard

Powder below the Bochard

Nick in the powder at Grands Montets

Very Happy snowHead Laughing Cool
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cool pics.
ski holidays
A couple more pics from yesterday in the Chamonix Valley (taken in Brevent)

Skier: Justin Hawxhurst
Photographer: Andrew Phyn

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 25-01-09 11:17; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Kiwi1 I am crying back in UK Sad Sad that look amazing Very Happy

Hope you have as good a day today

Cheers
ski holidays
Whitegold, thanks!

kiwi1, beautiful!!! Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
kiwi1 wrote:
A couple more pics from yesterday in the Chamonix Valley

Looks like the bloke in the bar can use a camera alright! What a gutter that I had to fly out yesterday, I knew it was going to be fantastic.

firebug The lifties said on tuesday that the top would be open on wednesday. It must have been fantastic, I don't think it had been open at all during the three days of snow! snowHead
ski holidays
Those pictures are just going to make the next 6 days pass even slower Sad

But on the upside, I'll be skiing all that in 6 days.

Yes.......... 6 DAYS!

Can you tell I'm excited? Embarassed Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Cool
snow report
That looks super, not so recent but I have just uploaded photos from my trip down the Vallee Blanche in the 27th of December just gone. It was second time lucky as I had hoped to do it on Christmas day but poor visibility stopped that. There were very strong winds the previous day that blew away alot of the snow but it was a super experience.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=58148&l=b3dad&id=584929316[/img]
ski holidays
what can i say those pics are amazing im sitiing here sick as a dog was there last week and conditions were frankly sh*t compared to this week"""
ski holidays
Lets hope this next couple of storms live up to expectation and then that's a great base for the season Very Happy I'd love for it to stay all white down in town for my visit too ! Couple of years ago it was like the Med in Chamonix town centre early March ! Awsome pics above... very jealous Twisted Evil
snow report
Alex A, I was in Chamonix one March, when you could look down from Brevent, and see people playing golf! Shocked
ski holidays
firebug, what fantastic pictures. Calendar material. snowHead
ski holidays
shitting it down again, due for a spot of sunshine, Sunday. Cool
ski holidays
http://www.chamonix.com/page.php?page=11&r=meteo_chamonix&ling=en

Looking good Very Happy rain at resort level this afternoon then back down to 800m from tonight and then Saturday's big one all at that level Laughing Should damage lower stuff too much. Read the avalanche bulletin and snowpack doesn't make pretty reading even without this fall so be safe out there. Will be level 5 tomorrow for sure.
snow report
Alex A, wise words.
Its snowing hard in cham this morning. A friend managed to set off a small avalanche yesterday, a cornice collapse. He was checking the stability before skiing the line.
The conditions are amazing but take care.

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nooooooooooooooooo Sad It's raining hard in resort and all that nice snow is melting. Hope it comes back to snow as forecast tonight Smile
snow report
OK....http://france.meteofrance.com/france/montagne?MONTAGNE_PORTLET.path=montagneprevisionville/740561

Check the above out Shocked The wind levels must relate to town? Also it doesn't often have heavy snow all day like tomorrow. Even today's storm wasn't enough to be classed as heavy Shocked Wish I was driving out tonight in a kind of sadistic kind of way (pats A6 Quattro on new snow tyres Very Happy ). I nearly booked the 26th Jan for 14 days !! Going to be epic once the weather clears and snowpack settles.
latest report
Quote:

Going to be epic once the weather clears and snowpack settles.

If you could all just please stay off the snow until i get back out there at the end of the month i would be most grateful wink
ski holidays
OK.... no one on the hill until 19th Feb... THAT'S THE LAW.... OK.... leave me some snow.... PLEAAAASSSSEEEE Skullie
latest report
Alex A wrote:
Nooooooooooooooooo Sad It's raining hard in resort and all that nice snow is melting. Hope it comes back to snow as forecast tonight Smile

This seems a very reliable forecast and called the rainy afternoon spot on...

http://www.chamonix.com/page.php?page=11&r=meteo_chamonix&ling=en
snow conditions
I fly out Wednesday. Skiing from Thursday.

Quite a lot of the lifts are closed due to bac weather. Le Tour is closed all day today. Brevent/Flegere are only partially open. I'm starting to get a bit worried.

It look from the weather forecasts that it should start to get a bit brighter from Wednesday.

What do y'all think?
snow report
firebug wrote:
Whitegold, thanks!

kiwi1, beautiful!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks. Heres another wee one I got up at Grand Montets on Thursday

Speed Flyer: Justin Hawxhurst

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 25-01-09 11:18; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
kiwi1, one of your pictures is now decorating my desktop, thanks
ski holidays
kiwi1, really lovely, I'd like to link some of those from the blog if that's OK?
I recognise some of you now, we were parked near you in the car park Smile

midgetbiker, it was Very Happy
pam w, thanks!!!
snow report
firebug, yeah, no worries
ski holidays
Just to keep anyone travelling out soon updated, came back Saturday and all the home runs to the valley floor were still open. Off piste mostly tracked out but still soft enough to throw yourself about.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! Very Happy
ski holidays
kitenski, that's from the local weather station in Chamonix itself with real meteorologists interpreting the models and the local conditions...it's generally very good as you'd expect.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy