Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees snow report 08/09

Poster: A snowHead
no, no....I'm living 100km south to the mountains, in Spain.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
metalhead132, JWJW. Brother gets sent on training camps there in the summer, says it is boring as hell! Parents were visiting and stayed in a local hotel, at night not even the manager stayed...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's better, a page which I don't have to scroll across to read the posts.

Please, please, please crop down the pictures this time. Blush
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Today it's snowing again. 20cm yesterday, 10-15cm, today.....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Still snowing above 1100m here after heavy snowfall last night, Superbagneres, Peyragudes and Baqueira should have about 20cm of fresh on what was already a good base. Its still looking good for the 29th Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
What's the snow like at St Lary 1700 or is it irrelevant as it is likely to melt away before Christmas ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
truffaut wrote:
What's the snow like at St Lary 1700 or is it irrelevant as it is likely to melt away before Christmas ?

At the moment you can only see the webcam at the snowpark, however being positive there is probably over a metre in places above 2000m, and certainly when I went sledging with my friends kids on Friday the snow at 1500 was above my knees at Superbagneres.

It could melt - but only if the temperatures went through the roof and it rained. I would like to put a positive face on the start of this season and suggest without tempting fate that all bodes well.

Most of the resorts have already pisted the main runs to compact the snow from last week. I expect they will do the same with the snow that has fallen during the last couple of days.

http://pv.viewsurf.com/?id=38
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Up to 50/135cm at Baqueira and they've brought their opening forward to the 22nd! Had another 20cm in the Ariege from 1000m upwards. Forcast for a sunny but cold next few days......skin it up!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snow reports at the moment:

Masella: 35-100cm (open)
Baqueira: 50-135cm (open on 22/11)
Boi Taull: 50-150 (open 29/11)
Puigmal: 30-150 ( 15/11)

Piau Engaly:90-170cm
Cauterets: 80-140cm
St Lary: 40-110cm
etc etc etc

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 14-11-08 11:11; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I alternate my Christmases between Toulouse and the UK....
Obviously this year we're in the UK..... Evil or Very Mad

I am gutted...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cauterets Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 14-11-08 11:12; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
metalhead132,

Looks fantastic - make the most of it wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://www.aeroclubdeocana.aero/Filebrowser/index.php?fpp=600&did=0-27-75&smf=1&fid=3
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wooow! How fantastic is that! Very Happy Very Happy Thanksmetalhead132,
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
metalhead132, I see a few tracks in that cracking pic, someone has been having fun Smile
snow report
metalhead132 wrote:
Cauterets Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Great pictures as usual metalhead 132: I drove over to Baqueira to have a look at the new gondola today, massive development with the new residences which seems to go against the global credit crunch theory.

It really is looking superb, unfortunately I am going back to the UK for a couple of weeks just when it all opens Sad

Still it will give me something to look forward to when I get home.

Baqueira today:
latest report
Ski Guide, thanks for the info. And I hope the blue sky in your picture is what we get when I take my kids for their first skiing trip at half term
snow report
Today: first day of season
Place: Puigmal 2900

Lots of snow over 2100m.

2 pics

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
It will be a great season!!!
snow conditions
2more pics

snow conditions
looks very like Scotland with those chestnut snowfences, dwarf pine, strident snowline and even the deep colour !
ski holidays
GrandValira 100/45 opens this weekend...week early and at half price.
latest report
Today 10cm more in the North side.... and big forecast for the weekend (specially friday night-saturday) for the north side resorts. We'll see how the winds is, because it seems also huge wind gusts.

Maybe in the atlantic resorts as Hautes Pyrenees, vall d'aran and northern andorra, and the ariège the storm can bring 50-100cm MORE!!! Amazing, sunday I'll be there to see if the wind is not so hard to do something. Confused
ski holidays
AlTom, enjoy. Very Happy
latest report
Today, skied Arcalís with awful weather, no lifts running (yes, ok, 2 lifts running, but the area serviced was nothing), so another skinning day. I had recover the blisters and they pass the day OK.

The week before was a lot windy so the wind transform the snow in most places, but if you know enough this restort always have some littles stashes with powder, and we know them, Laughing Laughing So 3 runs in differents places to totalize a bit more than 1000m D+, and about 1200D- (some tired friends help us to pass the lower parts with the car.... Razz Razz ).

At the end of the day the snowfall give about 5cm but good quality, and in the top of the base that we actually have is so nice.

Today measured with the probe anoter are at about 2300m. The minimum measured was 80cm, and the max. 150cm. The most part of measures between 100-110cm. Really nice coverage...

Some nasty (I did it with phone, because I broke the cam....) photos in my blog

http://berniboom.blogspot.com/
ski holidays
Superstorm today,in north side, and western part

Cauterets
snow conditions
The situation is really unbelievable..... The result of yesterday was an amount of 30-50cm of new snow in most western resorts as La mongie, piau engaly, cauterets, etc. and about 10-15cm in the rest. This night was also snowing hard, maybe 20-30cm more and not stopping.... Lots of roads with problems in all pyrenees now

But the unreal thing is that on the way is another super SW storm, that combined with the cold air accumulated now can bring MORE TONS of snow....

Yesterday the snow report at Piau-Engaly was 105cm at 1800; 200cm at 2500m..... Shocked Shocked Shocked And I'll be ther in 2 weeks Laughing
ski holidays
Some contrast to last year, when I was in La Molina at the end of January it was mainly grass! Sounds very exciting!
ski holidays
AlTom, metalhead132, , I can't believe it. This is the first time in 6 years that I will not be spending either Christmas, New Year or a bit of January in and around the Font Romeu area. And look at the snow! Perhaps there are some Ryanair flights I might be able to afford...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The snow report of Cauterets is now 160cm at 1730m, and 250cm at 2415cm, amazing

I link a photo of today at the forest of Bareges......nothing more to say (taken by monax1, from skipass forums), only remember that YES, Bareges is in the pyrenees, not Utah or BC...

ski holidays
Oh, yes.....only 1 thing..... I'll be there in 10days.... NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
latest report
enjoy
latest report
Hmmm. might be keeping my eye open for new year deals in the pyrenees, methinks!
snow conditions
of on lads trips to Andorra in jan hope its the same then conditions then as it is now Little Angel Little Angel
snow conditions
rainman wrote:
AlTom, metalhead132, , I can't believe it. This is the first time in 6 years that I will not be spending either Christmas, New Year or a bit of January in and around the Font Romeu area. And look at the snow! Perhaps there are some Ryanair flights I might be able to afford...

I'm flying out on the 18th Dec for early Christmas to stay near Font Romeu (for the first time!) Wink There are some cheap mid December deals to Girona and Perpignan on the Ryanair website
snow report
AlTom, That photo looks awesome
ski holidays
Today's photos of baqueira.....Is or not incredible???? If someone tells you that this photos are shooted in the canadian rockies you don't think nothing strange....

http://forum.catmeteo.com/index.php/topic,26670.0.html
snow report
WOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW
ski holidays
The Rockies don't ice up like that wink

Seriously looks awesome though.
ski holidays
AlTom they are stunning pics!!
latest report
Incredible conidtions in baqueira,....tomorrow 20-30cm more are forecasted,...and with low freezing levels....

I'm skiing in Arcalís on sunday, with AlTom, we will post a report
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy