Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees snow report 08/09

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

mama earth bring about 100cm of new snow

I love it Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This weekend I finished my season, two pics: again in Arcalís, again incredible conditions:

more here
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski wrote:
I love how much the hut is buried on the webcam pics!!

Are any lifts still running in the Pyrenees??

cheers,

greg

Yes, until 10th of May, Masella and Boi Taull are still opened.
Pic from Boi Taull this past weekend:

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Maladeta massif:

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
metalhead132, Thanks to you and Al Tom for the fabulous photos and reports all through the winter. It still looks amazing. No touring for you?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
metalhead132, Out of interest where was the last photo taken from ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski wrote:
metalhead132, Thanks to you and Al Tom for the fabulous photos and reports all through the winter. It still looks amazing. No touring for you?

Laughing Laughing Laughing rolling eyes

Finally about 45 days enjoying white mountains, deep snow, wild forests, and an absolute epic season in the Pyrenees. If you remember We've started season 8th NOVEMBER with 100cm of new snow (I reported here:http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1063554#1063554). It was the first season of last 5-6 without a simple trip to the Alps, but int hte Pyrenees had been superb season......a season like this needs efforts week by week Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing .

Still amazing, but I've a May without skiing due other reasons Sad Sad Sad , maybe if conditions remain OK in June will be still some things to do.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
david@mediacopy wrote:

Bagergue, Val D'aran, 1400m.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I thought I recognised the view. Did you get chance ski the route down from the Blanhiblar lift to Bagergue this year ? I imagine it should have been a good year for it. When I was there a couple of years ago we only managed it the once.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
david@mediacopy wrote:
I thought I recognised the view. Did you get chance ski the route down from the Blanhiblar lift to Bagergue this year ? I imagine it should have been a good year for it. When I was there a couple of years ago we only managed it the once.

Yes, it was skiable more than 3 months!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked We skied it twice in different days with waist deep...was one to put in the collection of "best runs of the season"!!! There're some photos here after christmas: http://berniboom.blogspot.com/2009/01/retorn-les-sensacions.html, and here mid-february: http://berniboom.blogspot.com/2009/02/bagergue-e-basta-jeje.html
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good photos, dudes. Nice work.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
david@mediacopy wrote:

The exact place is Bagergue, in the Aran Valley
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski wrote:

I haven't the gear for do it!! grrrrrrrrr
I am saving money to buy the equipment for next season.

Now we expect that snow goes away, to start trekking season....may be I start a new report topic: "summer in Pyrenées" hi hi.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It will be a hard work for the sun to melt all this snow.

http://www.nevasport.com/phorum/read.php?80,1737963

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
AlTom wrote:
Yes, it was skiable more than 3 months!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked We skied it twice in different days with waist deep...was one to put in the collection of "best runs of the season"!!! There're some photos here after christmas: http://berniboom.blogspot.com/2009/01/retorn-les-sensacions.html, and here mid-february: http://berniboom.blogspot.com/2009/02/bagergue-e-basta-jeje.html

Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

The amount of snow just looks fantastic. Was Escornacrabes open much this year ?
snow report
david@mediacopy wrote:
AlTom wrote:

Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

The amount of snow just looks fantastic. Was Escornacrabes open much this year ?

The whole season !!!! 4-5 months
snow conditions
Quote:

Shocked
ski holidays
After a really hot weekend (temperatures reaches sbout 27ºC!!! in some areas) return to the winter. I'm not crazy, but local forecasts says snow down to 1200m Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Above 2000m the acumulations can be really nice, more than 50cm being conservative!!!

Today the snow height in La Renclusa Refuge (the real fridge of pyrenees refuges....) is 290cm at 2140cm, enourmous!!! If the forecasts are true will recover the snow that lost the last 2 weeks!!! Amazing!!!
snow report
metalhead132 wrote:
david@mediacopy wrote:

The whole season !!!! 4-5 months

Cool Cool
ski holidays
AlTom wrote:
After a really hot weekend (temperatures reaches sbout 27ºC!!! in some areas) return to the winter. I'm not crazy, but local forecasts says snow down to 1200m Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Above 2000m the acumulations can be really nice, more than 50cm being conservative!!!

Today the snow height in La Renclusa Refuge (the real fridge of pyrenees refuges....) is 290cm at 2140cm, enourmous!!! If the forecasts are true will recover the snow that lost the last 2 weeks!!! Amazing!!!

Cool beans.

Are any resorts still open?
snow report
No, last sunday closed the last 2 resorts..... The mountains are still full of snow, but also the beaches start to receive the first people......In May nobody (or only some crazy people) think in ski and snow...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy