Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees snow report 08/09

Poster: A snowHead
A link to some photos of yesterday morning after the 1st chapter (today maybe 50-60cm more in this area) in Baqueira Beret:

http://www.nevasport.com/phorum/read.php?3,1511621
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tuesday and Wednesday looks like snowy days again Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing what a crazy autumn here!!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sunday the snow was amazing with the freezing level radically changing through the day. At Superbagneres (sorry haven't been able to get up there myself this morning) they are quoting 50cm on the plateau.

I don't want to be too overly confident but this must now provide a decent base for the start of the season with freezing levels continuing to hover around the 2000m mark for the next week.

We can all but hope..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
OK, the reports are coming now.
The snow pack is about 100-120cm at 2000-2200m. But the snow appears in the NE part of the range at 1000m In the eastern part at 1800m.
In elevations about 2500 there are 150cm, and in the highest massifs (3000m), perfectly the snowpack reaches 200-300cm!!! absolutely amazing!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
And still falling today in the western part,...tomorrow afternoon new front will bring significant snowfalling again in the eastern part and north side, This disturbance will be with us until thursday at least.

A pic from eastern pyrenées this morning:
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boi Taull reports 40 to 140cm of snow on piste xDDDDD
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
more pics yesterday in Formigal; the clouds opened 2-3hours

Then snow again
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good to see the Pyrenees getting battered after a coupla poor seasons. Nice piccos.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski Guide wrote:
Sunday the snow was amazing with the freezing level radically changing through the day. At Superbagneres (sorry haven't been able to get up there myself this morning) they are quoting 50cm on the plateau.

I don't want to be too overly confident but this must now provide a decent base for the start of the season with freezing levels continuing to hover around the 2000m mark for the next week.

We can all but hope..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I spent some time at Peyragudes this morning (2nd most popular - on lift passes sold - resort in the French Pyrenees), to have a look at how the new base was progressing. The whole area is looking fantastic with 50cm plus at the base, though the temperature was not that cold. Anyway here a a couple of pictures to give you a flavour.

[/img]
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kill me..kill me now! the pain is intolerable!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Amazing photos!!!

Last information of the La Renclusa Refuge at 2140m, in the Aneto Range, is 115cm of snow in ground!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Above 2400m where the temperatures was always under 0 the acumulations can be unbelievable, and in the glaciers that helds snow from past storms maybe can have more than 2 meters.

The forecast have changed another time, and now local forecasts are saying during tuesday-wednesday another precipitations with a snow-limit level starting at 1800m (average) and descending to 1400-1600m, with total amounts of 20-40cm depending the area.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PIau Engaly today:

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Having spent the last few seasons around Baqueira it's typical that I've decided to spend this season in Italy !!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://foro.meteored.com/reportajes+de+viajes+pueblos+naturaleza+y+montana/asi+esta+el+pallars+sobira+a+4+noviembre+2008-t95732.0.html

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We just need the temperatures to stay low overnight, and not too high during the day with the odd dusting and all will be well for the 29th of November when Peyragudes opens. snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Masella is trying to Open 7/11 or 15/11 Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Arcalís (andorra) pic WOW

snow conditions
what a great picture snowHead need to get the pistenbully out and bash some stuff!
ski holidays
Never mind some of the photo sizes.... wink
snow conditions
http://www.nevasport.com/noticias/d/15397/las-estaciones-de-lleida-avanzaran-su-inicio-de-temporada
latest report
It continued to snow overnight as well as this morning above 1400m. Baqueira is now reporting 135cm at the top, and with a cold snap due it should preserve the snow well in time for the opening at the end of the month. snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
Finally this weekend (8th saturday) Masella will be opened partially (highest area, 1900-2500m). So the season is started!!!

Personally I'll be saturday skinning in La Coma, in Arcalís (see the photo above), and sunday not decided yet, could be the Aneto, could be in the Vall d'Aran, could be.... I don't know but in the mountains surely!!!

I'm excited, just 7 months after my injury I'll be at the SAME point (Arcalís) to close the circle....

Another pic from Tavascan (not from Alaska) (the area showed is only at 2200-2300m). Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

More here: http://www.nevasport.com/phorum/read.php?3,1516072
ski holidays
Finally, Masella opens tomorrow Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Gorgeous photos! I've rarely been so jealous! Laughing Laughing
snow report
YES I CAN!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

8th november..... knee deep...... Unbelievable!!!!

I skied today in Arcalís. We started skinning at 2000m to a bit more than 2700m to take a nice pitch between 2750-2500m. I can't believe it, enourmous.... I repeated the highest part 3 times!!!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Last run skiing just to the car at 2000m, taking a nice area between 2500-2200m with lots of little couloirs, amazing to carve at the walls of the couloirs and do some "sprays".... The firsts (littles) rock jumps (1m at much) to take confidence another time.

Sorry, but the camera didn't function well..... I'll return tomorrow to take some pics Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

With the probe we measured some places. AT 2500m we measured 120cm in an open area. But at 2350m, in an area not affected by the winds we measured 175cm on the piste BASHED!!!! And in the same place but next to the piste we can0t measure because with the 3m probe don't touch nothing... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

BIG DAY!!! I closed the circle, the knee was perfect!! And for the first day skin aprox 1100m vertical with my heavy kit and alpine boots is OK..... Cool

PD (Note that is really dificult with a 192cm long and 101mm waist ski to take boot deep.....so.....ENOURMOS)

Some places I don't remember with this amount of snow never, maybe my memory isn't too long, and maybe is selective, but.....
latest report
Sooooooo Jealous!!! It looks amazing! Thanks for the reports and pics Very Happy
ski holidays
AlTom, fantastic, so pleased for you that you've put your injury behind you, and so early in the season too. Very Happy
latest report
Despite to be a little tired and with less than 5h of sleeping due to a friend's dinner, I have to take some photos for you so this morning I repeat at Arcalís.
This time only 1 lap from 2750 to 2000m, but in perfect snow. A bit less people than yesterday but not alone. I was in mind a bit heavier descent but to be a bit tired and skiing alone my mind say me not today......
We found the director of Arcalís skinning in the mountain, and with the people (locals) that I met going uphill say me that no way to open before the 29th.... If I have to say the truth I prefer it because next week I can't ski, so I'll have one weekend more to be the firsts in some untouched couloirs before the powders hunters mass..... NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh.

Today in the obvious descent lots of places without any traces, there are lots of people that are skinning only to fit and they descent for the bashed pistes.

The photos are in the kitchen....
ski holidays
I put a report with lots of photos in THE PISTE:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1063554#1063554
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just a quick question for those in the know...

Is Soldeu/Grandvalira getting dumped on in the same fashion as the rest of the Pyrenees seem to be? snowHead
snow conditions
http://www.grandvalira.com/gv/main.aspx?lang=4&section=104&subsection=150

looks like it has had a dump or two
snow conditions
AlTom wrote:
I put a report with lots of photos in THE PISTE:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1063554#1063554

AMAZING Shocked Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
AlTom, Thanks Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
NON STOP SNOW!!!!Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

snow report
metalhead132,

Great to see Masala looking like that Cool

The only time I have been there (approx 18 years ago) there was only one run open all week and that was closed on the last day Crying or Very sad
latest report
mmmm maybe season 88-89 or 89-90, the worst seasons in Pyrenées ever, in third position 06-07
snow report
metalhead132,

Think it was Jan / Feb 1990
snow report
Yes it's possible. It was horrible season, and there wasn't manmade snow.
latest report
metalhead132, Looking good chez vous. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
jiji, This saturday I will start the season Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Masella or Puigmal..... Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
snow conditions
metalhead132, are you from Les Angles?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy