Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees snow report 08/09

Poster: A snowHead
Another 50cm at Baqueira yesterday. Superbagneres 30cm plus and it just keeps coming down. Its due all day and a bit more tomorrow. Get the big boys out!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MASSIVE DUMPING ON COURSE!!!!! incredible Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

50cm of freshies in Baqueira
80cm in Astún
50cm in Arcalís
40cm in Grandvalira.

All the range under heavy snow from east to weast and north to south,...and it will continue all the day
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
still falling,..non-stop snowing. The accmululation rate is about 20-30cm per hour, in the north side.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cauterets is being buried at this moment:

YESTERDAY:

HAUTEURS DE NEIGE :
Cirque du Lys (2415 m.) : 340 cm
Cirque du Lys (1730 m.) : 220 cm
Pont d'Espagne (1730 m.) : 100 cm
Pont d'Espagne (1500 m.) : 60 cm

THIS MORNING
LOOK AT THE LITTLE BUILDING (It does 3 meters of height)

At moment no reporting fresh snow,....we are waiting for the update.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
More updatings: PIAU ENGALY 110cm of fresh snow,...and still snowing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bagergue in Aran Valley at 1400m:

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Drove over the Col du Portillon this morning (1500m) with 25cm of fresh snow on the French side and 70cm of unploughed road on the Spanish side. My trusty Land Rover acted as a fantastic snowplough on the decent - talk about first tracks.

The whole area is at a standstill with lorries parked up and most roads only passable with a 4 X 4 or with chains.

It has continued (and still does) all day. Big powder day tomorrow if resorts can open. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

This was half way down the Portillon in the morning - the snow was at my bonnet from the top down.

latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not looking good. Just got a message from a ski instructor in St Lary that next week's skiing is in doubt due to too much snow....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Aran valley this afternoon,...at 1300m, 80 to 115cm of fresh reported,..still snowing at lower rate 7cm/hour

snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
150cm of fresh snow in Baqueira higher slopes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Two pics from Andorra La Vella this afternoon:

Ordino:
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Las update,..Piau Engaly 1,8meters fo fresh snow Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi, can anyone tell me when Bareges usually opens? Also any links to past years monthly snow conditions?

thanks
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
tomorrow I will be there.... snowHead Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ....
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
More pics here:

http://www.nevasport.com/phorum/read.php?3,1667372

And here:

http://www.andorramania.com/2009-02-11/index.php
snow report
Two days ago

Today
snow report
Accumulated snowfall in Baqueira Beret this season reaches by now the mark of 949 cm
snow report
I think we have now yhe 2nd or third resort witmo more snowpack in Europe (note that the higher slopes reach only 2400m)

France:

EDIT: finaly Cauterets updated: snow report 300cm- 500cm!!!!

Piau Engaly: 375cm-480cm!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Accumulated in 7 days up to 250cm Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Gourette 190-450cm!!
St Lary: 250-300cm

Spain
Baqueira Beret: 235-365cm
Tavascan: 200-350 (higher slope only at 2200m)
Boi Taull: 220-350cm
snow report
metalhead132 wrote:
I think we have now yhe 2nd or third resort witmo more snowpack in Europe (note that the higher slopes reach only 2400m)

France:

EDIT: finaly Cauterets updated: snow report 300cm- 500cm!!!!

Piau Engaly: 375cm-480cm!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Accumulated in 7 days up to 250cm Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Gourette 190-450cm!!
St Lary: 250-300cm

Spain
Baqueira Beret: 235-365cm
Tavascan: 200-350 (higher slope only at 2200m)
Boi Taull: 220-350cm

Now the weather has settled down we are beginning to see just how much snow fell. Peyragudes which is the 2nd most popular ski resort in the French Pyrenees had so much snow on Wednesday that the resort lost all power and was cut off by an avalanche and only managed to open late yesterday. They reported 130cm had fallen in 24 hours.

In addition to the above:

Superbagneres: 185 - 265cm
Peyragudes: 200 - 270cm

Though most communes are still digging out and back roads remain uncleared life on the hills is returning to normal.

snow report
BIG amounts of snow, today a bit heavy due the wind "compression" but lots lots lots of snow in BB... Two pics

Looking to beret.
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq120/AlTom81/130209BB/P2130019.jpg

Starting the backside, big day
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq120/AlTom81/130209BB/P2130020.jpg
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq120/AlTom81/130209BB/P2130022.jpg

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 17-03-09 11:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
AlTom, Looks as though your wind wasn't as bad as ours - lucky you - enjoy! Very Happy
latest report
One pic from lower slopes of Formigal today:

ski holidays
I put more photos of the weekend in my blog... http://berniboom.blogspot.com

Only 1 pic more here of the Saturday's "game area"...
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq120/AlTom81/130209BB/P2140024.jpg

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 17-03-09 11:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Dumptastic ! snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
Since the massive dump last Wednesday we have been basking under clear blue skies. The news papers are reporting that this is likely to be the best year ever for the Pyrenees and with sun forecast to continue for another week at least, the increase in skier numbers is likely to continue. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Most resorts seem to be about 25 - 30% up on the figures for last year already.
ski holidays
This week was THE FIRST of this amazing 2009 without new snow. A week with blueskies, cold but not much temps and lots of snow to ski. I had planned to rest for a weekend because I need a little time to do other things and ski in packed snow isn't my target, but.....some friends want to spend the weekend skiing quietly....SO........ I can't say NOT Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'll take the skins is I feel too claustrophobic in the middle of so much people to skin some nice pitch and do photos...
snow report
I see that the temperature is due to soar next to + 13C. Is that going to wreck the snow or is there enough now for the season? Due to go to Arinsal on March 8th so desparately hoping that it doesn't all melt! Smile
ski holidays
Tony Ellwood, I doubt it will actually get to 13 degrees and if it does it wont be for long. That base will last till July !
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
NO..in two days the 350cm of snow base will melt, next week the temperatures will raise a lot, so take your suncream and forget ski because you can't have snow rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
It's normal that after 2 or 3 weeks of high pressures strong disturbances in weather affects us. I think the first week of march will be good for us in the terms that the snow en cold weather will return.
ski holidays
AlTom wrote:
NO..in two days the 350cm of snow base will melt, next week the temperatures will raise a lot, so take your suncream and forget ski because you can't have snow rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes

Oh great - thanks Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
im going to Pas De La Casa in Andorra on sunday! whats the conditions like there? any recent pictures?!
snow report
excelent conditions, by now
latest report
Pas de la Casa last Friday

and Grau Roig

snow report
thanks for the pics!
latest report
more snow due monday/sunday!
latest report
Finally we arrive at the end of the tunnel. After 3 weeks of sun and no new snow, the forecasts for next week are intimidating...... A really break in this calm period (today in some places in catalunya...20ºC Shocked Shocked ). Maybe another meter of new snow??? SO this weekend I'll rest for the first time since 8th november (YES, four amazing months), go fishing with this nice warm weather and wait the next storm cycle (aka deep powder NehNeh)...
latest report
Snowing hard today, amounts about 80-100cm in the western part, and about 30-50cm in the eastern part.
Still snowing, and the forecasts say that tomorrow will snow all the day.

I'm skiing in Andorra on Saturday,...I promise powder photos jijiji
snow report
As most forecast this year the snow falled is more than snow predicted Shocked Shocked Only need to see the automatic meteo stations of meteofrance to see that the amount of snow falled was BIG, (and also the total amount of snowfall this year....).

At Lac d'ardiden 1 meter of NEW snow, with a constant intensity. reaching this morning the record of 350cm at 2445m...

also more at the east at an altitude of 2100m the port d'aula was absolute buried with a 310cm (only at 2100m
Shocked Shocked Shocked )

Tomorrow we'll ski together with Metalian.... then sunday and monday skining central pyrennees to found lonely deep powder... So WAIT for PHOTOS
ski holidays
The snow pack in La Renclusa (2100msnm) is incredible!! 340cm
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy