Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees snow report 08/09

Poster: A snowHead
FINALLY I'M BACK!!! After 3 weeks that I can't ski because work, too much work, I'm back....as snowfalls..... and I'll be this weekend in the beautiful Aran valley, but I'll tell you on monday when I'll be back.

Now, the snowfall is getting strong and reach lower altitudes (this morning a couple of cm in my town at about 250msnm). It can bring between 10-30cm depending the area but new and cold snow.. Laughing Laughing ...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AlTom wrote:
FINALLY I'M BACK!!! After 3 weeks that I can't ski because work, too much work, I'm back....as snowfalls..... and I'll be this weekend in the beautiful Aran valley, but I'll tell you on monday when I'll be back.

Now, the snowfall is getting strong and reach lower altitudes (this morning a couple of cm in my town at about 250msnm). It can bring between 10-30cm depending the area but new and cold snow.. Laughing Laughing ...

Hi AlTom, hope you had a good weekend at Baqueira, the snow that hit you on Friday missed Baqueira, Superbagneres and Peyragudes. Clear blue skies this weekend with fantastic conditions. New snow would have been good but the dump midweek in -16 was great.

MRI scan on the knee tomorrow - didnt stop the skiing today though!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another nice weekend.... skiing saturday at Baqueria and today at Boi-Taull. It's nice to ski no tracked powder every day NehNeh Shocked Shocked

Saturday in Baqueira lots of places to found it, finishing at 17h at the back of Beret, to Bagergue. And today, what an amazing day, sunny, cold and powdery....and no wind. The highest lift to Puig Falcó (2750m, highest lift in the pyrenees) was closed until today, really soft snow, some places knee deep, and boot deep average.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I skied on Saturday in Port del Comte, with 30-40cm of new snow!! Amazing snow for a pre-pyrennean and low resort!!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Couple of pics of the weekend..

Saturday, last descent to Baguergue at 1400, with 900m of vertical, no slopes, no lifts, big backside with fluffy knee deep intouched snow at the higer area (do you need something more???)

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq120/AlTom81/100109%20Baqueira%20-%20Boi/P1100135.jpg

Sunday, Bluebird day, and also powder day as usual in the pyrenees. Skied in boi-taull. Big valleys with lots of vertical
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq120/AlTom81/100109%20Baqueira%20-%20Boi/P1110146.jpg

Zoom to the Pic de Filià...(see the little traces....), this peak is the top of the new planned ski resort from the other valley, now stopped because "crisis", poo-poo....they did some lifts, destroyed the mountain doing pistes and then stopped the works, so no virgin valley but no ski resort. If finally the resort will be real, and they finish it with a connection to Boi will be between the bests ski resorts in the pyrennes and at top alpine level...
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq120/AlTom81/100109%20Baqueira%20-%20Boi/P1110151.jpg

More at my blog: http://berniboom.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 17-03-09 11:48; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Last pic is amazing!! terrific terrain!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yesterday finished with an amount of 20-30cm of new snow, 30 in Aran and north side resorts, 15-20cm in andorra an south-central, and less than 10cm in eastern and south-eastern resorts...Not bad at all, on saturday I'll taste it
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
up to a foot forecast for the next few days in Peyragudes area Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just had two days over in the Saint Lary valley. Piau Engaly was amazing - not a stone in sight, and barely anyone around other than a few school groups, so the off-piste was hardly touched. Saint Lary yesterday - also excellent cover and quiet runs. It is incredible to have such amazing skiing conditions here in the French Pyrenees, and to think that barely any British people even know about the skiing here.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
today what an amazing powder day at Porté...the last two lines of today, but the best, really deep....

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq120/AlTom81/170109%20porte/P1170184.jpg

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 17-03-09 11:49; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
AlTom, that looks beautiful Cool
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This week should be interesting - midweek in particular. No one on the slopes - it could be fantastic!! Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Drove down the mountain at 2am this morning in a blizzard. Central Pyrenees resorts report 10cm plus of new snow overnight with more snow forecast for the next few days. The new snow came down to 600m with 10cm above 1000m.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
More snow overnight and today - though poor visibility. Temperatures are set to rise for a couple of days before settling down again.

Its great having the slopes to yourself - god knows why more people dont ski in January.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Some places reports 30cm....

My blog has been refreshed..... http://berniboom.blogspot.com/
ski holidays
And then the sun came out Very Happy Very Happy

After a couple of days of horrendous weather with rain falling above 2500m at times the "Vigilance Rouge" has now passed and an air of calm has returned to the mountains of the central Pyrenees. Clear sunny skies this morning with between 15 & 25cm of new snow reported for all local resorts. On valley/slope sides you will probably find pockets of deep powder caused by drifting after the gale force winds yesterday, and on exposed tops there will be crud and wind blown snow mixed.

Today is the day to find the powder and play - more snow tonight and tomorrow.
latest report
And it keeps on falling: Up to another 45cm overnight with the snow still coming down. Eye in the sky at 1200m reports 45cm of powder in his garden, Baqueira 45cm and still waiting for other updates. Poor visibility at the moment but will hopefully get out later today to check it out Smile Smile Very Happy Very Happy

The sun came out for an hour today but that was followed by heavy snow which gave me the best afternoons skiing of the season so far. Lots of deep powder especially between the trees. This was the calm before the storm returned (and it is still snowing above 800m tonight.

The Cecire sector is closed due to avalanche threat but the snow building up is great. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
between 70-100cm of new snow in two days, some resorts closed due avalanche high risk. Forecast say a bit rising in temperatures for the weekend before another front will hit us like this last....

This past weekend terrible days skiing, saturday winds up to 150km/h, and sunday iced slopes, we did a freeride competition and the conditions are horrible, I think the rocks were soft than the snow... Confused Confused Confused poo-poo...only 2 days after we could see very good lines with this pow
snow report
The snow is coming again!! This weekend could be great,...and then the snowy weather will remain with us, all the next week.
May be we will see a big dump in the eastern pyrenées and also in the south side during the weekend and at the begginign of the week.
But the forecast are saying that after mid week the north side are also hited by northern winds bringing more powdery stuff.
snow report
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

This is my face after read local forecasts......Some places are sayins ALL week snowing, til friday, could be the PERFECT STORM??? Will the sun came out at the weekend??? We will see...but is sure that the people who decide this year to ski the pyrennees in mid-term holidays is THE YEAR...
snow report
powder pyrennean this last week after the big dumps.. (not me, here the link http://mattihou.free.fr/2009/mont-06/).

snow conditions
Not only do I wish I could ski as good as that but god aren't those photos great!!
snow report
Tonight, Port del Comte have recieved 45cm of fresh snow, Masella 25cm
ski holidays
Boi: 30cm
Espot 15cm
ski holidays
4 pics from Pyreneés!!! Amazing snowy year.
Yesterday in Bonaigua col, between Aran and Pallars:

snow conditions
metalhead132, your photography is stunning!!
snow report
New month has start, and new storms are in the way...vintage year...... the snow fall will start tomorrow midday and finish saturday afternoon, the most affected area will be northern resorts, maybe 30-40cm more... maybe more in the best areas.... maybe I'm dreaming... This weekend Andorra will be my playground.
ski holidays
Heavy snow overnight again, continuing today. Most resorts report another 20-25cm from yesterday with probably the same again today. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I only now that today in some places in Arcalís......knee deep...and I have photos.... Tomorrow more....., today all the day snowing, stop 1 hour in midday, rise sun...PERFECT, after that, clowds, and more snow for tomorrow.. REALLY EPIC, I was looking for a jump that was really funny last year and at the start of the season, a rock cliff of about 2m...today i didn't found it.... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked ...
latest report
POWDER Very Happy POWDER Very Happy POWDER Very Happy

Massive snow over the last 48 hours with almost 50cm falling yesterday. Low freezing levels has meant very dry snow - it should be great this afternoon.

SUPERBAGNERES: 115/185cm

PEYRAGUDES: 140/220cm

BAQUEIRA: 185/295cm

More snow forecast for next week - watch this space!!
latest report
Ski Guide, AlTom, metalhead132, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Pics from this weekend,
Saturday skiing with AlTom:

ski holidays
Sunday with my wife, and my brother-in-law, in Grandvalira:

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 9-02-09 10:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
More snow reports in French Pyrenées....it seems they had a big dump...."C'EST GAVÉ" xDDDDDD

Piay Engaly 195-300cm xDDDD

Cauterets: 230-350cm Shocked Shocked Shocked

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 9-02-09 8:33; edited 2 times in total
latest report
metalhead132 wrote:
"SE GABÉ"
C'est gavé.... wink wink
latest report
AlTom wrote:
metalhead132 wrote:
"SE GABÉ"
C'est gavé.... wink wink

OK
snow conditions
Wow! Very Happy
snow conditions
Sierra Nevada in southern Spain is buried too,..record snowfalling in this mountains:

snow report
OMG Shocked Shocked Shocked

There must be more than enough snow there for the entire season.
ski holidays
Forecasts til weekend talks about 30-50cm of new snow...MORE.... Today has already started and bring 5-10cm. But the BIG thing is that the forecast say snow til Friday then a SUNNY and COLD weekend, so will be THE weekend, maybe I could take monday off to ski more..
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy