Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees snow report 08/09

Poster: A snowHead
Incredible powder today,..amazing Arcalís!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

I try to put pics or videos from other companions (my cam is dead)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
5 pics taken by snowboarder who rides with us, in Arcalís (Andorra) yesterday:

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
metalhead132, Lovely - looks like fun! Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
metalhead132, looks superb, hope it stays that way. I'll be in the pyrenees myself for a few days just before xmas, just can't decide where yet.
Enjoy !!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
EPIC DAY, lots of stuff to ski, and the first REAL skiing day of the season. Spending all day between trees, rocks and specially tons of powder... Really happy because now I start to have the same feelings as at the end of the season, jumping the same kind of rocks, and skiing at a similar speed....Nice, it can be a huge season..

Do you know what is the most incredible thing??? After the window that we enjoyed yesterday, at the evening the snow started to fall another time....just now another 20 powdery centimeters. With that conditions of cold and huge snow base, every 20cm could bring days like this... And the forecasts are saying that the first half of december can continue in the same way... Laughing Laughing

PD. I dont't want to get up tomorrow and discover that this dream is only in my mind..... Sad Sad Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bareges village, part of the Tourmalet resort - largest ski resort in French Pyrenees
We have been out and about around Bareges aswell this morning and snapped a few piccies. I was skiing yesterday in the resort (Bareges - La Mongie) in a white out but it was hilarious all the same! The runs have now all been pisted and you can have pretty much the whole place to yourselves. The offpiste is also "sweet as" (sorry just got back home to Bareges after our honeymoon in NZ)... Totally beached dude. So bassically 100km of pistes and huge amounts of offpiste and I think there were 10 cars in the Car park Happy There are now new Ryan Air flights into Tarbes/Lourdes (40 mins away) aswell if anyone can make a quick break for it... Come on Swirly, Frosty, Kramer etc!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Barns at Tournaboup Bareges.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh i wish I could come out, I used to live in Pau and never got round to skiing - despite subsidised transport, skiing and free lessons courtesy of my then employer, Turboméca!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I just looked up Bareges as I had never heard of it. Looks like a great ski area.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I will be there this next weekend..... Saturday-->Piau; Sunday/monday-->La mongie/bareges; tuesday-->peyragudes; wednesday--> We don't know, maybe peyra another time or piau..... Sooooo more days to fit the legs!! I hope I'll have a solution for the broken camera and show us all that amazing places.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Today the snowpack in La Renclusa (mountain hut, in the feet of the Maladeta massif) is about 190cm at 2100msnm!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
AlTom, metalhead132, Mountainbug, It looks even better there than here - I hope you have a really good time and make the most of your holiday weekend. Very Happy (even though I shall be sad not to see you here of course) Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski wrote:
AlTom, metalhead132, Mountainbug, It looks even better there than here - I hope you have a really good time and make the most of your holiday weekend. Very Happy (even though I shall be sad not to see you here of course) Crying or Very sad

Thanks easiski, years like this is the opportunity to know our mountains better, so is a "pyrenees year"......
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
AlTom, and there's no point in driving all this way when it looks as if you have even better conditions over there. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
It will be time to go to les2 Alpes. wink wink wink
ski holidays
two videos:
http://www.zapiks.fr/ouverture-saint-lary.html

http://www.zapiks.fr/cauterets-session01-.html
latest report
Just back from two days in Grandvalira. Off-piste is wind packed except on SE facing slopes, that is a bit crusty now. Piste are great, wonderful base and more snow to come this week. Very Happy
snow conditions
Just come back from Andorra. Stayed in Pas De La Casa. Awesome snow. As above, the base is great and looks like like it's set for the season!

Off-piste was fantastic, powder everywhere!!!!!!
snow report
Jumping Jack Flash, great off to Slodeu in 5 weeks snowHead too
ski holidays
JasonW wrote:
Jumping Jack Flash, great off to Slodeu in 5 weeks snowHead too

Off to Soldeu as well in 6 weeks Cool Can't wait for that.
ski holidays
[quote so is a "Pyrenees year"......[/quote]

This is certainly one of the best starts for years. All of our local resorts opened early, the snow has continued to fall without relying on a single dump to top up and the temperatures are low which will allow the great base to really establish itself.

Lets hope my knee improves enough to get a days skiing in before the first guests arrive!!
ski holidays
metalhead132, They are great videos, very professional. The conditions are as good as it can get by the look of that.
ski holidays
We skied some days in the Hautes Pyrenees Area, really full of snow down to the valley. Piau is like a big iceberg, and in the la mongie-bareges area also full of snow.

Saturday the temps rised a little bit and transformed the snow up to 2000-2200m, but yesterday start to snow another time down to the valleys. In the Auree Valley the snow is constant starting at 1000m. And the yesterday's storm bring 20-25cm more.

One photo of the past saturday; is the Pic du Piau (2694m) from Fabian (1100m only.. and full of snow)....

More photos of Piau in my blog: http://berniboom.blogspot.com/
ski holidays
I can't be repetitive, but we're already waiting for the next storm that will arrive in 2 parts, saturday afternoon the 1st one, and then on monday. Local forecasts are saying about 50-70cm of new snow in all the episode......

I try to ski saturday morning, then praying for a window on sunday morning after 30-40cm of fluffy stuff overnight and repeat the "powderfest" that we had 2 weeks ago.... We will see...
latest report
Tomorrow will ski GV, and sunday it depends on how much snow will fall in each place.... I'll report it...

More pics from last week:

Also the rest of la mongie/bareges in the blog
latest report
AlTom, nice pics wink
snow report
AlTom, looks superb.

Hopefully in St Lary for a couple of days next weekend, anyone an update on things there ?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Superb photos AlTom: Great scenes that are good enough for a winter calendar:

More snow forecast overnight and tomorrow - though I am not sure about the Christmas week as it looks like being sunny and warmer. No doubts the guests will love it though. I prefer cold and snowy.
snow report
Today good skiing day in Grandvalira, but really cold due the wind in the higher areas. Powdery snow on piste, and variable in the offpiste but generally crusty due the wind.
The first hours from 9 to 11 we had been skiing with some sunny, and just when we had finished, at about 15.30-16h, start snowing. Now here, in Andorra la Vella snow lighty.....
latest report
Today good skiing day in Grandvalira, but really cold due the wind in the higher areas. Powdery snow on piste, and variable in the offpiste but generally crusty due the wind.
The first hours from 9 to 11 we had been skiing with some sunny, and just when we had finished, at about 15.30-16h, start snowing. Now here, in Andorra la Vella snow lighty.....
snow report
AlTom, I am there in 4 1/2 weeks any pics of GV
ski holidays
As of right now 23.04 it is snowing again in Bareges Happy off out tomorrow for a nice lunch at "chez louisette" then a bit of off-piste through the forest I think snowHead
snow report
Heavy snow overnight and it is continuing today. Superbagneres, Peyragudes and Baqueira report between 15 and 25cm of new snow yesterday and I think we can expect the same today. The snow level is down to approx 500m. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
such good news
ski holidays
30-45cm today in Arcalís, lots of powder, and without WIND.
What an amazing conditions here now, incredible.

In the return way more than 80km with snow on ground

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 15-12-08 10:53; edited 1 time in total
latest report
snowed in here at 900m with 1/2 meter and still going in the Ariege, trying to get to Ax les Thermes tomorrow!
snow conditions
As metalhead said, Arcalís yesterday....what an amazing day, really soft and deep snow. Snowing all day but with enogh visibility to ski, specially in the trees. Knee deep as an average an some places waist deep. Nice to feel another time the snow in the waist......

Sorry but no day to do lots of photos, an when I try to do a video the battery said not....

An all the past night snowing, today the people who can ski will have another epic day.
ski holidays
checking the meteofrance automatic stations, one place between Andorra and Baqueira in the divide at 2140m. ...Last storm was enormous..

latest report
Piau is reporting now 250cm on top!!!!! and baqueira 230cm.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy