Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - Winter 2008-2009

Poster: A snowHead
Another lovely day today, sunny and really quite warm in the afternoon, but getting distinctly chilly now that the sun's going down. The forecast is for more snow and much colder temps next week, so it's all good stuff for the coming season. 2 weeks yesterday until we open. Very Happy Here's a pic looking up from the bottom of the Super Viking nursery slope and showing the Y, Diable and Super Diable, so you can see that there's a fair bit of snow still left in the village. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks good i can't wait till i go there in jan, fingers crossed for lots of snow when i get there Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another very pleasant day but with the low fog again. fortunately not actually at my house. Very Happy However one forecast says snow most of this week so I took the van off to the garage in LG this afternoon. I dropped down through the fog and it turned out to be a fairly thin layer, but it was much colder lower and I didn't have enough clothes on! Shocked Anyway, today's pic comes from La Grave looking up to the left of the Vallons de La Meije (it was a prettier view). Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Easiski, good to see the pics, thanks for posting them snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I didn't take a photo today because it was snowing this morning, and then we had fog this afternoon and it's snowing again now (with bigger flakes this time). Very Happy If the forecast is correct and it's sunny tomorrow I should get a very good pic. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Booked some dirt cheap studio with my brother for the 17th till 24th of Januari! (That'll be week 4 of the season, after Landgraaf Shocked , Kaprun and Tignes (week before i'll get to L2A) )

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 19-11-08 16:30; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ronald, why? Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
red 27, where you offering to pay for him to go somewhere else that week then ?

Why?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No clue.... maybe L2A is a ski resort?

At least ... some say....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ronald, I may be in L2A from 10th to 17th. Now I could hang about for another week and ski with some crazy Dutchmen?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
lampbus, I have a 4 "bed" studio, and currently its me and my brother. There should definetly be a free bed if you're interested, I don't want to drive with more then 3 since I don't have a roofbox and an Avensis sedan doesn't hold 4 peoples luggage and skis;)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ronald, That's great news - it'll be Cool to see you again.

lampbus, Go on - stay another week! Very Happy

Picture today is of the south facing slopes on the end of the Pied Moutet to the right of my house. I took it mainly to show what a difference the aspect makes to the snow retention. As you can see - there's not much snow on those slopes, however that doesn't matter since only a maniac would try to ski them!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It's beginning to cloud over today, which suggests that the forecasts will be right and we'll see some serious snow soon. Very Happy Heavy frost overnight for the last several nights have continued the freeze into the ground, with all that nice cold melted snow in it ... all good. Very Happy

Forgot to say that this is La Muzelle viewed from my way home from the village.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well the weather has changed. I took this photo this morning and it shows the weather coming in. It's now arrived and is pouring with rain down here, but it must be snowing not too much higher up the mountain. I'm supposed to go out in a minute and teach a beginner on a patch down here as he's been helping a friend refurbish his apartment all week and has never skied - what an introduction! Shocked
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Great series of shots, easiski, I really appreciate these views you post; fascinating to see the changes taking place.
ski holidays
easiski, any snow yet? Puzzled
latest report
Today........

Bas des Pistes Webcam

Vallee Blanche Webcam
ski holidays
Well I think the winter has well and truly arrived. We have a north wind which is freezing and it snowed about 2-3" last night in the village. It did snow all the way down in Venosc last night, and the temps are set to drop and more snow coming in. I went to LG to collect the van today, and it only took me 1.25 hours to hitch over which is pretty good considering it imvolved 4 lifts and there was very little traffic. Very Happy The van brakes seem fine again now. Very Happy Very Happy

It was snowing and blowing this morning and then it cleared up and we had a beautiful sunny day around midday, but it's now clouded over again and there's clearly more snow on the way. I took a photo looking up towards the Daible from the bottom of the Grand Viking (took a similar one a few days ago), but look at the snow blowing off the top of the Tete Moute, summit! rolling eyes
snow report
Oh thats lovely! Don't stop!
Very Happy
snow report
What we want, however, is a picture of the cat!
ski holidays
Lizzard, Not till Thursday night at the earliest. Poor little chap, he'll be uprooted sent from warm lowlands to freezing alps with someone he's never met before - he'll need a day or two before he'll be keen to be photographed! Laughing
snow report
nice to see that the snow is also falling in the Alps...
ski holidays
easiski wrote:
it snowed about 2-3" last night in the village.

3" - not enough to satisfy anyone Sad
latest report
easiski, cat Madeye-Smiley
latest report
easiski, Has he got a name yet?

Madeye-Smiley
latest report
R32, Well as he is a cat then Seefa seems appropriate...

Seefa Cat!! Razz
snow report
red 27, It's plenty for the nice gradual build-up we're getting this year. There's no point in having half a meter all at once. Little by little gives a much better base, particularly as the ground is now well frozen. Very Happy Don't forget that there's lots more at altitude (so long as the wind hasn't blown it all away). rolling eyes

lampbus, Yes - cat. Black boy kitten. I don't think he's got a name yet - I did ask. Cat's generally name themselves though don't they? little tiger, am I being extra thick? I don't get it. Shocked Anyway I'm collecting him on Tuesday. Very Happy
latest report
seefa - phonetically (sp?) c - fa or cee for - c for cat . as in deepher - dee fer dog.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
little tiger, Laughing Laughing

easiski, To be honest, if I hadn't read rogg's post, I probably would have had to think about it too!!
ski holidays
easiski wrote:
lampbus, Yes - cat. Black boy kitten.

Awwwww!

Nice pics btw Wink
snow report
I think you should call him Alan. Only because I think its hilarious for pets to have people names.
ski holidays
Well, I'm definitely not going to call him Blackie. rolling eyes We'll see - he may already have a name, he's about 10 weeks old so it would be odd if he didn't. Scuba Ski have a dog called Pups Very Happy

I took another photo of the south facing slope of the Pied Moutet that I photographed the other day. It really shows a difference now. It's been sunny all day but really cold. The temps didn't even get as far as freezing all day. This is good of course. Very Happy so long as it doesn't snow buckets tomorrow or Tuesday when I have to drive ....
latest report
Doh - pressed the wrong button! Embarassed
snow report
paulmck, We have George the dog!
Alan the cat sounds good
snow report
MIL had a cat called Hoover, because when it was a kitten, it looked liked the contents of the Hoover bag.
latest report
You could call him 'piste' cos after tea when he sighs contentedly it would be....

piste purr-fection...

sorry I'll get me coat...
ski holidays
we had a Fred (dog) and now have an otis and a harry (both dogs too).
snow report
My daughter's friend called their cat Phydeaux - it did have a bit of an identity problem!
ski holidays
Admin

Can we re-name this thread Mrs Slocombe's Pussy Corner please?
latest report
rogg, R32, good - these are decent, respectable names for animals. easiski, how about "Nigel"? For the record Chalky has a lizard called Tiberius.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy