Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - Winter 2008-2009

Poster: A snowHead
I just thought I'd share this from the Oisans webcam this morning. It's the first snow lower down of the winter, and of course it will all melt, but it cheers the heart a bit. Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 1-12-08 17:47; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pic here
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looking good - winter is coming!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bloody freezing as well. Evil or Very Mad

I am resolved not to turn the heating on until I start work, but given that this is likely to be mid-December, I think I might lose some extremities to frostbite.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lizzard, forecasts say it will get warmer next week, so maybe you'll be OK. Are you now a kept woman? Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski, This is clever stuff, although you're in the UK, you've been able to post a pic off the Oisans webcam Very Happy Rather fresh here this morning, frost on the car roof Shocked
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski, not until the end of the month when my money runs out!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lizzard, hah! well - perhaps JC can do a clever physics thing to keep you warm?? Pity he's not a chemist. Laughing Laughing Not clever, just saved the pic and then posted it. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mondial starts today and I'm not there - bah! Twisted Evil Looks too good to be true.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just had a look at the webcams Very Happy

Wish I was there Sad Sad Mr. Green Crying or Very sad

Suppose the skiing on Eurosport will have to do (it's on now)
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
R32,

Have you a link the the webcams?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
johnboy, Try this......

http://www.2alpes.com/pages/en/48/les-2-alpes-webcams-glacier-panoramic-webcam-vallee-blanche-foot-of-the-slopes.html

Look at 'Glacier Dome Sud' & 'Bas des Pistes'.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Weather looks great too Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
R32, Crying or Very sad now I'm well miffed.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Helen Beaumont, Us too Sad
snow report
There's no-one to look after the mutt at home now, and she's not happy in kennels.
snow report
Helen Beaumont, Sad

If it had of been on Mon, Tues & Wed we would have been there.

It's all Charlotte's fault, would not have looked if she had not posted that first pic Twisted Evil wink
ski holidays
R32, the skiing is still open then though, and would have been much quieter midweek I think. Oh well, maybe next year.
latest report
Well you'll all be delighted to know that it's forecast to snow for most of next week. Cool
latest report
Helen Beaumont, Yes definitely next year.....but then it will probably be on during term time like last year!
ski holidays
Lizzard, Stop it!!! Laughing
ski holidays
Hello from 2 Alpes and the Mondial du Free Ski.

On the plus side, the glacier was very nice to ski on. Dry snow, not hard and few icy bits.
The weather was as good as can be, no wind, clear skies, and quite warm.

On the negative side, well where can I start?
Parking impossible, the navette was not working up to the Residence du Soleil. The Director of Tourism was concerned enough to ring, and I was told it was running. Hello? I was there, waiting. No wonder people don't rent here nowadays.
Brun Sports was not open, few shops were and people were walking around looking for somewhere to hire skis, many of them having been up and discovered there simply weren't enough to go around, and had come back down.
There were no notices at 1650 recommending people bring their skis as there was a shortage at 3200.
After arriving at 10.00am I found there were no skis, not one to test. After waiting 45 minutes I went back down and collected my own. Following people returning with their test skis didn't help, as there were queues of people waiting.
When coming back up at 12.15 there were 11 skiers in the cabin, only three had skis.
Finally at 1.15pm I found a pair, but the people who thought they were in line were disappointed a journalist got priority.
At 2.10pm I was leaving and noticed Black Crow had a set available. However I was told I could have them for 20 minutes only as they were closing.
I ended up asking the companies why they had no skis to test, not exactly the reason for coming. In general they told me it was because they were small and could not afford to come with lots of skis, most seemed to have arrived with 20 - 25 pairs. Zag, bless them, had 70. Someone should have made sure there would be enough to go around. Why promote the Mondial as an opportunity to test skis when there are not enough to go around? One Monitor said it would be OK Sunday because after the partying tonight no one would be up early. Not exactly the way to do things properly.
The promotional bumph says you can test until 3.30pm but at 2.10pm I was told I could only use the skis for 20 minutes because they had to go.
Whilst the ski room at the top was free if you were doing the tests, you could not leave skis at the top overnight. Given the need to come with your skis this seemed a bit silly and counter productive.
Overall a bad day, although what skiing I did was very nice. A wasted opportunity to promote an otherwise great place to ski on a lovely day. How many people will fail to return tomorrow, or ever again remains to be seen.

I am meeting the Director of Tourism next week.

The evening ended well with a great display. Unfortunately I was driving so the free champagne was of no use.

It seems busier than last year, which is unfortunate.

Thinking of everyone in the U.K. (not)

Still have to work out how to upload photos, unfortunately my phone line is dead for some reason, so I have created a page on my web site. The pics of the stalls were to show the lack of skis and people waiting.

http://www.day-tripper.net/xzi2alpes/les2alpesmondial2008.html
snow conditions
David Ash wrote:

Thinking of everyone in the U.K. (not)

Charming...
snow conditions
You should have come!

Its raining back home isn't it?
snow conditions
David Ash, I live in Abu Dhabi... so sadly, no it ain't, and hasn't done since Febuary 11th 2003.
ski holidays
No guessing what you are thinking about though...

Its due to snow a lot this week. Enjoy the sun.
snow report
David Ash, thank you - it gets tricky after a while...

I am in L2A at new year, so as you say, my dreams are there. snowHead
ski holidays
David Ash,

Doesn't sound good...

I don't feel so bad about not going this year, but it is typical that the snow looks good this time around.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Ash, sounds like a nightmare if you were expecting to test, but OK if you'd taken your own skis with you.
ski holidays
David Ash, In that case I'm feeling better about not being there. I looked t the Zag website the other day and it looks as though they have several models I'd like - and none of them are red!! I had wanted to try the Amplid Infrawhite on a proper slope as I tried a pair at MK and thought I woiuld like them .... Would they have been the first 'lady' ski I thought worth skiing on?? Will have to wait. However, with no clients, and if it was impossible to test it certainly wouldn't have been worth giving up 2 weeks pay for. rolling eyes Homesick though - can't wait to be home again in a couple of weeks. Very Happy
snow report
Hi Charlotte

I managed to test one pair of skis today! Very nice day, warm, no wind, relatively quiet.

The Zag's I tried were very heavy but surprisingly smooth, although I managed to fall over trying a backward slide.

Lots of snow next week, will you be back for the Mondial du Snowboard?
snow report
David Ash, No - not til 6th Nov. Sad Back late that night. Are you still going to be around?
ski holidays
I leave midday on the 5th. I may be back early December otherwise its the 29th.

Have a safe journey.
latest report
Just looked at the webcam (Bas des Pistes)...........it's SNOWING Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
We had a bit of sleety snow this afternoon where I am at Residence du Soleil (up the hill at the end of the village). We've been clouded in all day. Its cold and has been steadily drizzling (with a bit of snow) all day, so should be very good at altitude. No wind either.

Should be good at the weekend Happy

Just looked out of the window and there is a light dusting of snow covering the grass.
snow report
David Ash, I noticed snow on the top of the Pied Moutet today on the webcam. Very Happy I also got an email from the DAL telling me that the lifts were closed today. Sad Keep telling us how it is though - great to hear from the horse's mouth!! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Snow in Bourg d'Oisans this morning.
latest report
Wednesday. Nice dump of snow at resort level last night. Pics here again http://www.day-tripper.net/xzi2alpes/les2alpesmondial2008.html

Just like April when we had similar falls.

Unfortunately its clouded over again, so I have only had a brief glimpse of the mountains.

Easiski, how do we find out if the lifts are open? Is the www.les2alpes.com site up to date?
snow report
David Ash, I now get an email every morning - not doing me much good at the moment though! The DAL website www.2alpes.com is more up to date with weather info than the TO one. I always look at the live feed things in the morning to judge how many layers to put on!

Lizzard, Have you put your heating on yet?
ski holidays
easiski, only slightly. I am trying to entice a warm cat into taking up residence upon my person.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy