Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Report Austria 2008/2009

Poster: A snowHead
And there was I hoping for empty pistes on the Kitzsteinhorn in 2 weeks time......
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kein panic truffaut, as soon as the non-glacier resorts open then the crowds quickly disperse to other areas. It was mobbed at both the Pitztal Glacier and the Stubai over the weekend but once the other resort open then the it really wont be an issue.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ineedsnow, [quote]
Quote:

A friend got caught in the same traffic at the Stubai - nicht gut.

In fact it was the most scenic and most enjoyable traffic jam I've ever been in!! Snow blanketing the trees and mountains........frozen waterfalls - a bit better than my morning gridlock past ICI Billingham and Stockton prison!!

tim000,
Quote:

3 euro for a beer , i go to mayrhofen on 31 jan . the way the £ / euro rate is going that will be £5 a beer .

...and here's me thinking that I am being pessimistic about Sterling!! It's rallied a bit this week - so still coming in at under £3 for a large one in Austria!! Anyway, if you really are so pessimistic, there are currency brokers on the net where you can buy ahead and get a rate of 1.20 euros for January (and 1.22 for February). Mind you have to order a minimum of £500 worth - which may well be your week's beer money anyway Toofy Grin !!

Could be worse - spare a thought for the folks who are going to France - 'only' 6 euros for a large beer..... The debate I've been having with Brer Addict is "How much would it have to be before you refused to pay it?" £21 for 3 beers in Norway 2 years ago was the absolute limit for me!!!

The France/Austria price differential leads me to conclude that France does not deserve any skier/boarder to ever go there - though I'll have to reassess destinations for winter 09/10 as I've already got 3 Geneva flights booked for this winter....Best get saving up for beer eh??
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
mountainaddict wrote:

In fact it was the most scenic and most enjoyable traffic jam I've ever been in!! Snow blanketing the trees and mountains........frozen waterfalls - a bit better than my morning gridlock past ICI Billingham and Stockton prison!!

Unreserved apologies, it is a beautiful valley and yes it is great that when complacency sets in and you feel a bit hard done by, that someone puts you straight, mountainaddict you are spot on.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snow on the Kitzbuel webcams this morning Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Its about time but still a long way to go hopefully the weekend will have big dumps Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snow on the Lech and St Anton webcams this morning too .... and more forecast for all of today and tomorrow
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
26 cms forcast for Mayrhofen this weekend....finger crossed for that and plenty more for the next 6 weeks.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi,

Just a quick update. It is now -3.5 oC and it has been snowing all night. We now have about 6 cm of snow.
Was windy in the night but the snow has not drifted. It is now perfectly calm.
The webcam is on:-

http://austriasnow.camstreams.com/

( if you double click the picture you will get a better view of the falling snow)

Nigel
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
djfletcher, looks like I was a bit late to see the snow falling ... but i'll keep watching! wink

Gastein valley is fully white too this morning. First season snow to find it's way to the valley floor. Currently a chilly -6oC in the valley too ... brrrr snowHead snowHead

Cheers
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kersh wrote:
djfletcher, looks like I was a bit late to see the snow falling ... but i'll keep watching! wink

I tell a lie, I can just see it! Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It is snowing! 50-60cm has fallen in the higher parts so far. Obergurgl has received another 50cm.
Schladming (Planai) opens Sunday, and Obertauern (70/100cm) opens Monday.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
djfletcher, aarrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh! I just clicked on the webcam expecting snow scenes and was confronted by a picture of a ruddy cheeked baby smiling! How very oddly cute Smile

(have a snow covered fence now, looks brilliant!)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry - we were showing Ethan to our old child minder in the UK.

PS- we haven't forgotten about the Taxi!!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
webcams showing live falling snow are even more addictive that ones that only update every 10 minutes
28 days to go and officially excited, update at 14.20 the snows just got heavier, update 14.21 a young child has got the webcam!
snow report
Monkfish, it's very sad, but i'm doing just the same. not far from djfletcher, are these webcam shots from haus
http://www.hauser-kaibling.at/de/wetter/. Looking good Smile Schladming have reported 30cms at top , 5cms bottom, I guess that was this morning.
latest report
Kitzbuhel is looking nice Very Happy

ski holidays
djfletcher, how much in Muehlbach? Very cold here in Innsbruck and some good falls on the mountains. Snowing down in the city and windy.
ski holidays
ineedsnow wrote:
djfletcher, how much in Muehlbach? Very cold here in Innsbruck and some good falls on the mountains. Snowing down in the city and windy.

In the village I would say about 20 cm and on the mountain probably 60 to 70 cm!! It is still snowing here and will do for the next several days!! So the skiing will be good next weekend when the lifts open!! They might even open tomorrow!!

Nigel
snow report
djfletcher, it looks fantastic, good luck for the season Nigel and family.

regards
snow conditions
dk100 wrote:
djfletcher, it looks fantastic, good luck for the season Nigel and family.

regards

Thanks for that.
ski holidays
looking good!
2 1/2 months till my first time at innsbruck Very Happy
latest report
Really make me want to get out there asap!!! Crying or Very sad snowHead
snow conditions
Schladming (Planai) today on its opening day

snow conditions
kerekip, looks great, I was in the Zillertal today and conditions were outstanding. Christ it was cold though hey?
ski holidays
kerekip, Nice pic. Looks like another good start to the season for Schladming.
latest report
kerekip, nice one, 3 weeks for me to wait until schladders
snow conditions
ineedsnow, Whitegold, waynos, thank you all, but I must admit this is not my pic, it is from the official site of the ski resort.
Three more weeks and then I start the season in Heiligenblut.
Obertauern starts tomorow, and Saturday will be the major opening day in Austria.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Here's the link to the pictures.

http://www.planai.at/winter/index_5440_DEU_HTML.php

I'm off to Schladders on the 24th of Jan, so until then I'll be watching the cams like a maniac...
latest report
Snow in the market square in Radstadt snowHead
ski holidays
Smokin Joe, waynos, yep - loads of snow here - the garden looks good too! Off to buy lift passes tomorrow. Very Happy
snow report
flangesax, looked at the webcams today - looking very white! Very Happy
ski holidays
kerekip, well this is one of mine today from close to Gerlos:

Great day here in Inntal / Zillertal, hope it was good for you
snow report
Late starter, yep, loads of areas are opening at the weekend - some stuff is open now - just need my lift pass now! Very Happy
ski holidays
Markus wrote:
Kitzbuhel is looking nice Very Happy

Absolutely fantastic!!
latest report
ineedsnow, nice snowHead snowHead
snow report
doogo, it was an unbelievable day that is for sure, one of many recently, it has been a great to the start of the winter over here.
snow conditions
good snow up in Stubai on Sunday but very cold and big queues
snow report
Hey RichA, my brother in law was there yesterday and it was deserted, not the blue skies of sunday but still excellent. I can imagine sunday was heaving. shoudl be so much better as all the main resorts open here this weekend and the numbers on the glaciers will plummet.
ski holidays
€1000 euros later..... ouch!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy